Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-16-2013, 01:40 PM

14,492 posts, read 26,598,235 times

Advertisements

McCain is really losing it. Guess he needs those defense contractor $$$$$$$$$

People are fed up with war in this country. Those inside the beltway need to step out of their bubble.

Old 09-16-2013, 01:54 PM

77,771 posts, read 104,756,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamofmonterey View Post
McCain is really losing it. Guess he needs those defense contractor $$$$$$$$$

People are fed up with war in this country. Those inside the beltway need to step out of their bubble.
and it is the president that was so anxious to go to war, that was until he found out he didn't have the support he needed. Is he losing it as well?

I also will add, what does McCain losing it or not, have to do with this thread. Aren't you getting a little off topic?

Old 09-16-2013, 01:57 PM

10,029 posts, read 8,347,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
and it is the president that was so anxious to go to war, that was until he found out he didn't have the support he needed. Is he losing it as well?

I also will add, what does McCain losing it or not, have to do with this thread. Aren't you getting a little off topic?
Isn't it funny how that whenever Obama is the topic the Obama supporters try to inject anything but Obama into the discussion? Can they ever discuss the actual topic at hand without invoking "but McCain" or "but Bush"?

Old 09-16-2013, 01:59 PM

22,768 posts, read 30,737,789 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
I noticed a few threads on here recently attacking President Obama for not accomplishing anything, and I also just noticed Bill O'Reilly was saying the same thing recently,hence, the parrots started chirping after digesting their talking points.

But let's remember his biggest accomplishments first: He stopped the hemorrhaging of our economy, started to repair our standing in the world internationally, and worked to end the disaster that was the Iraq War, all left for him as holdovers from the previous 8 years. He started an uphill climb to repair the wreckage he was left, with a radicalized Republican Party trying to impede his every effort to fix our country.

In light of what he was left, and the systematic obstruction he faced, he has done a respectable, if not admirable, job thus far.

A LONG List Of President Obama's Accomplishments (With Citations) -
fall of '08, BEFORE i'd ever even heard the name "Barack Obama", i recall making several predictions to myself

(A) Republicans are going to lose this next election

(B) Republicans are going to say whatever is necessary so that Americans don't blame the banks for the financial crisis.

(C) The economy is going to be in the toilet for a very long time no matter what the government does.

So I'd say , frankly, that things have turned out BETTER than I'd expected. All I expected was a generic Democrat who just didn't screw everything up. Obama's addition into this calculation has been a positive; not only did he handle the situation as admirably as I could've possibly expected a Democrat to, as a side-bonus his skin color itself caused foreign many brown people to weep with joy at the concept of a brown American president.

On another note, the Republicans (since 2008) have really, really disappointed me. I was so desperately hoping that some section of the republican party would "repent" from supply-side economics, and some kind of populist-libertarian wing would emerge from the ashes. Instead we got the Tea Party, which for some bizarre reason thinks the national debt is important.

Last edited by le roi; 09-16-2013 at 02:09 PM..

Old 09-16-2013, 02:00 PM

20,948 posts, read 19,054,479 times
Quote:
I noticed a few threads on here recently attacking President Obama for not accomplishing anything, and I also just noticed Bill O'Reilly was saying the same thing recently,hence, the parrots started chirping after digesting their talking points.

But let's remember his biggest accomplishments first: He stopped the hemorrhaging of our economy, started to repair our standing in the world internationally, and worked to end the disaster that was the Iraq War, all left for him as holdovers from the previous 8 years. He started an uphill climb to repair the wreckage he was left, with a radicalized Republican Party trying to impede his every effort to fix our country.

In light of what he was left, and the systematic obstruction he faced, he has done a respectable, if not admirable, job thus far.

A LONG List Of President Obama's Accomplishments (With Citations) -
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!

Did they mention how he turns water into wine and lowered the sea levels?

Old 09-16-2013, 02:00 PM

20,187 posts, read 23,858,535 times
Its getting desperate when people have to make a list of accomplishments to justify that Obama isn't a total failure even when he is...

Looking at the list is like the followning.. Football Team X loses game with 0 points to the opponent who has 102 points... however had a lot of accomplishments such as

1) Football Team X threw the ball

2) Football Team X caught a ball

3) Football Team X had a quarterback

4) Fan of Football Team X cheered

blah, blah, blah...

Bottom line: Obama you are still a loser...

Old 09-16-2013, 02:03 PM

13,714 posts, read 31,180,231 times
Quote:
1) He is not Bush (who was universally hated abroad)
2) The ability to speak clearly and convincingly, without embarrassing an entire nation
3) The ability to use diplomacy without religious influence and polarizing rhetoric in a way that is relatable and respected internationally, with the possible exception of Israel.

Those are only three examples, but that is enough.
I find your #1 and #2 unfathomable. Obama's foreign policy has been a disaster. The promise of Arab spring has been squandered. Supporting the Muslim Brotherhood in Egypt has been a disaster, as many expected. The MB used brute force to destroy democracy in Egypt. Obama's handling of Syria is utterly idiotic. Full of miscalculations at every step. Even Britain would back the US. Obama now is the man of words and no action.

His clear speaking as everyone now knows was the work of teleprompters. On his own he falls on crutch phrases. GWB was a fumbler no doubt. But Obama is not a nimble orator.

As for #3, Obama is exposed. He will be forever the Commander in Chief over the preventable disaster in Benghazi and the awful poker player that let Russia look brilliant with Syria.

Old 09-16-2013, 02:09 PM

22,768 posts, read 30,737,789 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by evilnewbie View Post
Its getting desperate when people have to make a list of accomplishments to justify that Obama isn't a total failure even when he is...

Looking at the list is like the followning.. Football Team X loses game with 0 points to the opponent who has 102 points... however had a lot of accomplishments such as

1) Football Team X threw the ball

2) Football Team X caught a ball

3) Football Team X had a quarterback

4) Fan of Football Team X cheered

blah, blah, blah...

Bottom line: Obama you are still a loser...
if he's the loser, who is the winner ?

Old 09-16-2013, 02:12 PM

26,143 posts, read 19,846,248 times
Talking *

Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny
The Long List of President Obama's Accomplishments
Hmmmmmmm a LONG list??

I reckon its a VERY SHORT LIST

Old 09-17-2013, 12:31 AM

19,893 posts, read 18,447,268 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
Me too, That is the last thing he did. If anything he is making us look weaker by the day.

He could not look any more weak if he tried too. Putin laughing his butt off at him along with other leaders.

He is not only weak, but so gosh damn indecesive. Putin really saved his butt.

And the Bush stuff is getting gosh damn old. These people need to come up with something different into how many years now, and Obama still has a tanking economy, more children on welfare and food stamps then ever. Too many unemployed, and some who actually have stopped looking. College grads who cannot find a job, therefore moving back home to Mom and Dad.

Small business he is the worse Presdient of all, an enemy to small business, and large business alike.

Infact he has no business sense at all this Community Organizer, that is why we have so many unemployed.

The Hope n' Change crap, was merely garbage, that the kool-aid drinking sheep drunk too much of?

The students obey their teacher well!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies