Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-17-2013, 05:38 AM

8,396 posts, read 9,446,996 times

Advertisements

Be sure to include this:

Drives the lunatic fringe over the edge.

Old 09-17-2013, 05:39 AM

46,307 posts, read 27,131,867 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bUU View Post
What you're noticing is a penchant of today's Republicans, neocons, Tea Partiers, libertarians and other right-wingers to lie, deceive and ignore the reality, in the interest of denying (and also obstructing) improvements that could be credited to this administration, in a petulant and self-centered effort to gain power to further foster the exploitation society for the benefit of those who already have so much at the expense of those who are most vulnerable in society. Since their basic aims are inherently and blatantly immoral, they need to engage in scurrilous tactics to hide the corrupted nature of their intentions.
Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
Very, very well said.
Glad to see you 2 agree with bush policies....

Old 09-17-2013, 05:56 AM

10,029 posts, read 8,351,641 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by le roi View Post
fall of '08, BEFORE i'd ever even heard the name "Barack Obama", i recall making several predictions to myself

(A) Republicans are going to lose this next election

(B) Republicans are going to say whatever is necessary so that Americans don't blame the banks for the financial crisis.

(C) The economy is going to be in the toilet for a very long time no matter what the government does.

So I'd say , frankly, that things have turned out BETTER than I'd expected. All I expected was a generic Democrat who just didn't screw everything up. Obama's addition into this calculation has been a positive; not only did he handle the situation as admirably as I could've possibly expected a Democrat to, as a side-bonus his skin color itself caused foreign many brown people to weep with joy at the concept of a brown American president.

On another note, the Republicans (since 2008) have really, really disappointed me. I was so desperately hoping that some section of the republican party would "repent" from supply-side economics, and some kind of populist-libertarian wing would emerge from the ashes. Instead we got the Tea Party, which for some bizarre reason thinks the national debt is important.

A Dem who just didn't screw everything up?
That's the polar opposite of Obama. But hey....at least Black people weeped with joy because a Black guy got elected so that makes the epic failure all worth it. Meanwhile, those Black people who are weeping with joy are faring the worst out of any demographic under the disastrous leadership Mr. Hopey Changey.

Old 09-17-2013, 06:02 AM

Quote:
What you're noticing is a penchant of today's Republicans, neocons, Tea Partiers, libertarians and other right-wingers to lie, deceive and ignore the reality, in the interest of denying (and also obstructing) improvements that could be credited to this administration, in a petulant and self-centered effort to gain power to further foster the exploitation society for the benefit of those who already have so much at the expense of those who are most vulnerable in society. Since their basic aims are inherently and blatantly immoral, they need to engage in scurrilous tactics to hide the corrupted nature of their intentions.
So you're saying that people who are successful have only achieved success at the expense of the poor. That's a very progressive mindset!

Old 09-17-2013, 06:07 AM

Quote:
Remember, this is the FOX News/Glenn Beck crowd, they are not exactly grounded in reality.
Really? Then you should have no problems whatsoever in countering the rebuttals to the OP with factual data. So far you've done that exactly 0 times in the thread.

The Rachel Maddow/MSNBC/Bill Maher crowd is losing this one badly.

Old 09-17-2013, 06:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by skoro View Post
Be sure to include this:

Drives the lunatic fringe over the edge.

It's very appropriate that you say "be sure to include this" followed by blank space. Blank space personifies Barack Obama.

Old 09-17-2013, 06:27 AM

23,838 posts, read 23,138,171 times
Quote:
What 'improvements' would those be, exactly?

I bet you can't answer with anything but a generic response about 'jobs' with nothing to back it up.

I dare you to try. Your hyperbole is unimpressive.

Old 09-17-2013, 06:44 AM

46,307 posts, read 27,131,867 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post

I bet you can't answer with anything but a generic response about 'jobs' with nothing to back it up.

I dare you to try. Your hyperbole is unimpressive.
Careful now, you will be called a person who only looks out for his/her family and since you care about your family you are therefore scum of the earth...for not caring about others....

This of course will be said without ay knowledge of you.

Old 09-17-2013, 06:49 AM

12,687 posts, read 6,740,882 times
Quote:
I noticed a few threads on here recently attacking President Obama for not accomplishing anything, and I also just noticed Bill O'Reilly was saying the same thing recently,hence, the parrots started chirping after digesting their talking points.

But let's remember his biggest accomplishments first: He stopped the hemorrhaging of our economy, started to repair our standing in the world internationally, and worked to end the disaster that was the Iraq War, all left for him as holdovers from the previous 8 years. He started an uphill climb to repair the wreckage he was left, with a radicalized Republican Party trying to impede his every effort to fix our country.

In light of what he was left, and the systematic obstruction he faced, he has done a respectable, if not admirable, job thus far.

A LONG List Of President Obama's Accomplishments (With Citations) -
President Obama has done a great many things. He's created many programs and tried a lot of things that he felt would fix the economy, etc. You're Democratic Propaghanda site does a fine job listing his "accomplishments" in nice friendly words to make each and every action Barry has taken sound wonderful and great. But at the end of the day, what has he really accomplished?? He rode to victory in 2008 on the promise that he would pull us out of recession, create jobs, lower gas prices, stop wasting money on Bush's foreign wars, etc. So how has he done?

1.) Your list blathers on about "job creation" this and "job creation" that. Job creation is a politicians favorite fuzzy math. If employers hire 10 million new workers in America, then the politicians in power will say they created 10 million new jobs ... even if 10 million people were let go from their jobs and an additional 6 million were forced into "voluntary" early retirement. (Retire or you will be fired, essentially.) How has Obama actually done?

Labor Participation Rate - Raw number stating how many Americans are actually employed:

The immediate response is always the same: "Those numbers are just because lots of people are retiring!" Okay, so how are things looking for your non-retired under 55 crowd?

The numbers for working age adults 25-54 are all down, remain well below pre-recession rates and are still dropping.

Actually, the only age demographic that is working more and not less today is the over 55 crowd. In fact, every age group over 55 in the workforce more than ever before:

Indeed, a higher percentage of old people are working. A lower percentage of young people are working.

Just doing things doesn't make you a great president. Doing things that work makes you a great president. Working class America has lost more jobs than they gained every year since Barack Obama took office. In job creation, Obama scores an F.

Old 09-17-2013, 06:57 AM
bUU

12,074 posts, read 10,713,084 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Roma View Post
So you're saying that ...
No. What I'm saying is:
Quote:
That's what I'm saying.

Quote:
Many such improvements have already been listed in this thread, so therefore your question indicates that you either deliberately ignored what others have posted, petulantly refuse to acknowledge what others have posted, or are just engaging in nonsensical games-playing in an attempt to distract attention from strong points you have no cogent rebuttal to but still want to distract attention away from. Given that evident transgression, what proof can you present that the neocons, faux-libertarians and other right-wingers in the thread will accept an additional list provided with honor and integrity, instead of just using such a posting as an excuse to commit more lying, deception and feigned ignorance?

Quote:
Your hyperbole is unimpressive.
Your scurrilous attempt at evasion and distraction has been called-out for what it is. Congratulations on making the lack of credibility of the "questions" you ask so pungently clear. Here's an idea: Leave "questions" for the people who are actually sincerely looking for education. If you have a partisan point to make, as was the case with your reply, then make it directly instead of trying to play games to make it seem like anything other than what it is: nonsense.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies