Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-16-2013, 12:59 PM

14,492 posts, read 26,605,052 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
That was certainly one of the more despicable legacies of the Bush/Cheney era, to start wars and not give a damn for those killed or injured in them.
re them, 'Bandar' Bush has all the answers as to their behaviour after Iraq and Afghanistan.
Someday the American public may get the real answers.

Too bad the Hague Court has never been able to pursue this.

46,307 posts, read 27,131,867 times
Quote:
1)
2) The ability to speak clearly and convincingly, without embarrassing an entire nation

Evidently you have uhhh, have not uhhh, heard, uhhh him uhhhhh, speak uhhhh, without uuuhhhhh the uhhhh TOTUS......

77,771 posts, read 104,797,202 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ntwrkguy1 View Post
Perhaps this was a satire piece.......but I would love to know how he "repaired our standing in the world internationally."
Me too, That is the last thing he did. If anything he is making us look weaker by the day.

Old 09-16-2013, 01:05 PM

26,211 posts, read 19,535,610 times
Here is another list

More Accomplishments

Old 09-16-2013, 01:09 PM

14,492 posts, read 26,605,052 times
I wish he stood up against Wall St. He alienated much of his base. just my 2 cents. And the Syrian warmongering isnt helping either.

Old 09-16-2013, 01:16 PM

26,211 posts, read 19,535,610 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamofmonterey View Post
I wish he stood up against Wall St. He alienated much of his base. just my 2 cents. And the Syrian warmongering isnt helping either.
He is far from perfect, and I know of no genuinely informed progressives who are entirely happy, many are not at all happy. However, their reasoning is much like yours and mine, based on genuine, measurable policy decisions, and has nothing in common with talking
points passed down from FAUX News
and Glenn Beck and regurgitated by wingnuts.

He did pass legislation restricting Wall Street from predatory practices that flourished under Bush. I do think they should have been far stricter.

As far as Syria, both Bush and McCain would have already commenced air strikes.

Old 09-16-2013, 01:21 PM

10,029 posts, read 8,351,641 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
Evidently you have uhhh, have not uhhh, heard, uhhh him uhhhhh, speak uhhhh, without uuuhhhhh the uhhhh TOTUS......

Obama, a complete idiot. - YouTube

Old 09-16-2013, 01:23 PM

77,771 posts, read 104,797,202 times
Quote:
Here is another list

More Accomplishments
The amazing thing to me, is where you are getting your information: so far, you have given lists of what he has done, as reported in two very slanted blogs. The first one was almost funny, things like he signed this or that, did congress have anything to do with any of these bills or did he do them all by himself? How about the professionalism of the writer in the first silly article? Yes, professional writers always refer to other accomplishments as "other stuff" that is something my 1st grade great granddaughter might say. How about one accomplishment: he gave a speech in Israel? And let's not forget some of those wonderful things he did were done over the heads of congress and the American people? This is so much crap I don't know where to start, but you, like a few others are so in love with Obama, it almost sounds like he is your God...I do respect the office of the Presidency, I am having more trouble all the time respecting him as a person. Then some over the top lovers list things like these stupid lists.

Old 09-16-2013, 01:25 PM

10,029 posts, read 8,351,641 times
[quote=odanny;31435240]He is far from perfect, and I know of no genuinely informed progressives who are entirely happy, many are not at all happy. However, their reasoning is much like yours and mine, based on genuine, measurable policy decisions, and has nothing in common with talking
points passed down from FAUX News
and Glenn Beck and regurgitated by wingnuts.

He did pass legislation restricting Wall Street from predatory practices that flourished under Bush. I do think they should have been far stricter.

As far as Syria, both Bush and McCain would have already commenced air strikes.[/QUOTE]

I love speculation- don't you?

Nobody could have handled it better than Obama. Of course not.

Old 09-16-2013, 01:39 PM

2,884 posts, read 5,643,629 times
Quote:
I noticed a few threads on here recently attacking President Obama for not accomplishing anything, and I also just noticed Bill O'Reilly was saying the same thing recently,hence, the parrots started chirping after digesting their talking points.

But let's remember his biggest accomplishments first: He stopped the hemorrhaging of our economy, started to repair our standing in the world internationally, and worked to end the disaster that was the Iraq War, all left for him as holdovers from the previous 8 years. He started an uphill climb to repair the wreckage he was left, with a radicalized Republican Party trying to impede his every effort to fix our country.

In light of what he was left, and the systematic obstruction he faced, he has done a respectable, if not admirable, job thus far.

A LONG List Of President Obama's Accomplishments (With Citations) -
Your list sounds like the speech comrade obama made this morning where he, once again, told the world what a wonderful job he has done and how he saved the world. He is a lying sack of poo..!

Last edited by CaseyB; 09-16-2013 at 01:46 PM.. Reason: fpul language
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies