Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-17-2013, 12:40 AM

9,828 posts, read 9,423,827 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
I noticed a few threads on here recently attacking President Obama for not accomplishing anything, and I also just noticed Bill O'Reilly was saying the same thing recently,hence, the parrots started chirping after digesting their talking points.

But let's remember his biggest accomplishments first: He stopped the hemorrhaging of our economy, started to repair our standing in the world internationally, and worked to end the disaster that was the Iraq War, all left for him as holdovers from the previous 8 years. He started an uphill climb to repair the wreckage he was left, with a radicalized Republican Party trying to impede his every effort to fix our country.

In light of what he was left, and the systematic obstruction he faced, he has done a respectable, if not admirable, job thus far.

A LONG List Of President Obama's Accomplishments (With Citations) -
Excellent article. Not surprised that most of the follow-up posts contain the usual say-nothing-loudly blah blah blahing from the right-wing shills.

I'm still trying to understand the logic of Putin "owning" Obama on Syria. It's the most senseless criticism yet from the Bushbots. If anything, Putin and Syria got owned, hard.

Old 09-17-2013, 01:44 AM

14,361 posts, read 9,795,791 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by legalsea View Post
I generally agree that President Obama has been a better president than some would admit. I have especially liked early focus on improving services to Vets, which had been sadly neglected for many years.
Are you fk'ing kidding?

Veterans Targeted By Obama Adminstration As Potential Terrorists For Being Disgruntled - :

This started after Obama's first year;
VA Late On GI Bill Checks

5 YEARS LATER
Despite backlogs, VA disability claims processors get bonuses - Washington Post

Improving services for vets? Whatever you're smoking is making you delusional!

Old 09-17-2013, 01:47 AM

14,361 posts, read 9,795,791 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RaymondChandlerLives View Post
Excellent article. Not surprised that most of the follow-up posts contain the usual say-nothing-loudly blah blah blahing from the right-wing shills.

I'm still trying to understand the logic of Putin "owning" Obama on Syria. It's the most senseless criticism yet from the Bushbots. If anything, Putin and Syria got owned, hard.
Take it from someone who is so far removed from being a "Bushbot"... you are an Obamabot!

Newsflash!

Obama's approval rating is underwater, and drowning. YOU can stop rooting for the loser, it isn't working anymore!

Old 09-17-2013, 04:29 AM

31 posts, read 37,422 times
Quote:
1) He is not Bush (who was universally hated abroad)
2) The ability to speak clearly and convincingly, without embarrassing an entire nation
3) The ability to use diplomacy without religious influence and polarizing rhetoric in a way that is relatable and respected internationally, with the possible exception of Israel.

Those are only three examples, but that is enough.

who are you talking about ?

obama is the laughing stock of the world, an embarressment of monumental proportions,
and I hate to let you down, but hes now hated more than Bush ever was.

he doesnt speak clearly, he READS clearly, TOTUS is the brains of the bunch

omaba's idea of diplomacy is to send in the drones to slaughter your children in their sleep.
thats not diplomacy, thats murder.

btw...
I have friends @ the onion, I sent them a link to this thread, they are ready to offer you a job.

Old 09-17-2013, 04:49 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,797,202 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hoffdano View Post
I find your #1 and #2 unfathomable. Obama's foreign policy has been a disaster. The promise of Arab spring has been squandered. Supporting the Muslim Brotherhood in Egypt has been a disaster, as many expected. The MB used brute force to destroy democracy in Egypt. Obama's handling of Syria is utterly idiotic. Full of miscalculations at every step. Even Britain would back the US. Obama now is the man of words and no action.

His clear speaking as everyone now knows was the work of teleprompters. On his own he falls on crutch phrases. GWB was a fumbler no doubt. But Obama is not a nimble orator.

As for #3, Obama is exposed. He will be forever the Commander in Chief over the preventable disaster in Benghazi and the awful poker player that let Russia look brilliant with Syria.
You can tell where some supporters are coming from when the even suggest his foreign policies have been a success: On many of the current events programs (and no, I don't mean only FOX) even some of his supporters say he has blown it many times, especially on the Syria issue.

Old 09-17-2013, 04:55 AM
bUU

12,074 posts, read 10,711,454 times
Quote:
I noticed a few threads on here recently attacking President Obama for not accomplishing anything
What you're noticing is a penchant of today's Republicans, neocons, Tea Partiers, libertarians and other right-wingers to lie, deceive and ignore the reality, in the interest of denying (and also obstructing) improvements that could be credited to this administration, in a petulant and self-centered effort to gain power to further foster the exploitation society for the benefit of those who already have so much at the expense of those who are most vulnerable in society. Since their basic aims are inherently and blatantly immoral, they need to engage in scurrilous tactics to hide the corrupted nature of their intentions.

Old 09-17-2013, 05:04 AM

8,016 posts, read 5,864,961 times
Quote:
1) He is not Bush (who was universally hated abroad)
2) The ability to speak clearly and convincingly, without embarrassing an entire nation
3) The ability to use diplomacy without religious influence and polarizing rhetoric in a way that is relatable and respected internationally, with the possible exception of Israel.

Those are only three examples, but that is enough.

You gave me three points that have nothing to do with "restoring our reputation internationally". And even if these three did have something to do with that, it was all undone by one word:

Syria.

Old 09-17-2013, 05:05 AM

7,359 posts, read 5,466,305 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
Tell me, is cutting the national debt, still on the list becaue they just keep making up crap for the ignorant lefties to repeat..
I used to wonder about this because I have seen liberals acclaim Obama for fixing Bush's profligate spending and show graphs on the deficit that indicate he is cutting it.

I couldn't understand how the debt could have gone up faster than it did under Bush if Obama was cutting the deficit.

Then I saw the explanation. And, as is typical of liberals, the explanation rests on their lies. What they do is to not count the stimulus as deficit spending. But they do count the reductions from it as reducing spending. So they leave the impression that Obama is trying to rein in Bush spending. But what he's actually doing is counting not having another trillion dollar stimulus as reduction of spending. So what he's reining in is his own spending, not Bush's.

Old 09-17-2013, 05:30 AM

26,211 posts, read 19,535,610 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RaymondChandlerLives View Post

Remember, this is the FOX News/Glenn Beck crowd, they are not exactly grounded in reality.

Old 09-17-2013, 05:34 AM

26,211 posts, read 19,535,610 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bUU View Post
What you're noticing is a penchant of today's Republicans, neocons, Tea Partiers, libertarians and other right-wingers to lie, deceive and ignore the reality, in the interest of denying (and also obstructing) improvements that could be credited to this administration, in a petulant and self-centered effort to gain power to further foster the exploitation society for the benefit of those who already have so much at the expense of those who are most vulnerable in society. Since their basic aims are inherently and blatantly immoral, they need to engage in scurrilous tactics to hide the corrupted nature of their intentions.
Very, very well said.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies