Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-05-2013, 06:03 AM

89,026 posts, read 44,824,472 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by artisan4 View Post
We definitely can and will do it. Everyone will be covered; we'll do it together as a nation.
"Together as a nation?" Does that mean everyone will pay? Because as it is now, any household which pays less than $30,000 per year in federal income tax is taking more in federal government benefits and services than they're paying for.
Federal Spending per Household
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-05-2013, 06:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by workingclasshero View Post
it will never happen in this country, with this government
Exactly. It's too expensive. It'll never happen without radical health care rationing and/or severe spending cutbacks in other areas.

Old 10-05-2013, 06:21 AM
bUU

12,074 posts, read 10,705,895 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lionsgators View Post
did you just admit to living in the state that gave us senator mommy? aka lil lizzy.
"Admit"???

Quote:
Originally Posted by bUU View Post
The Republicans here in Massachusetts are reasonable people. That's why you didn't see the kind of self-centered, cry-baby silliness from Republicans here in Massachusetts about doing something in the interest of basic human decency as we see coming from Republicans in the nation-as-a-whole.
Quote:
Here we are seven years later, in Massachusetts, and we've made some changes to Romneycare, but Romney still gets credit for laying the superior foundation that these changes and future sub-system enhancements will be built.
Quote:
Actually, one of the most remarkable and positive aspects of politics in Massachusetts is that unlike the vast majority of the rest of the nation, the Commonwealth actually produces honorable and respectable Republicans
Quote:
To see the hypocrisy inherent in the opposition to Washington's measure, note that the opponents are not taking action against coverage for state-based requirements for infertility care, such as we have here already in Massachusetts and also are in place already in New York (and being pushed in several other states, already). Shame shame.
Senator Warren and I have a similar political history. She is quoted saying, “I was a Republican, because I thought that those were the people who best supported markets. I think that is not true anymore.” The fact that her superior intellect and unparalleled morals scares her RWNJ colleagues in Congress is perhaps the best repudiation of your vacuous comment.

Old 10-05-2013, 06:23 AM

11,086 posts, read 8,544,279 times
That's pretty pathetic, quoting your own posts and responding to them. Even for a leftist.

Old 10-05-2013, 06:25 AM

6,073 posts, read 4,752,027 times
Quote:
"Admit"???

Senator Warren and I have a similar political history. She is quoted saying, “I was a Republican, because I thought that those were the people who best supported markets. I think that is not true anymore.” The fact that her superior intellect and unparalleled morals scares her RWNJ colleagues in Congress is perhaps the best repudiation of your vacuous comment.
without getting into ted kennedy, and the crimes he committed, yes, "admit." senator mommy is probably one of the most embarrassing people in senatorial history. but I have never really expected all that much from tax-a-choosits. fortunately the rest of the country views her as she is. a raving ranting lunatic.

Old 10-05-2013, 06:43 AM
bUU

That sounds like some pretty deep jealousy to me. Yes siree.

Old 10-05-2013, 06:44 AM

Quote:
please respond to the comment I actually directed toward you: "Only myopic self-defeating irrationality refuses to see the value in earning more money because it isn't even-more, more money."
I see you're referring to the many people on public assistance who net MUCH more by working FAR less...
It pays not to work: Hawaii residents receive highest welfare benefits in US | Hawaii Reporter

Quote:
Explain how earning profit, albeit a smaller amount, is a "penalty".
When it results in less after tax income.

Read more, here:
Why do tax revenues go down when income tax rates go up?

Old 10-05-2013, 06:49 AM

6,073 posts, read 4,752,027 times
Quote:
That sounds like some pretty deep jealousy to me. Yes siree.
not really. I unfortunately live in a state left of mass. if anything, you're jealous of me.

Old 10-05-2013, 06:54 AM

Quote:
We have. I live in Massachusetts. We have demonstrated to the nation that the system works.
Wow, are you ever in denial.
Quote:
A new report from researchers at the University of Minnesota details the magnitude of Massachusetts’ health reform catastrophe. They interviewed more than 3,000 state residents in 2010 and found that “Massachusetts continues to struggle with escalating health care costs, reflecting the decision to defer addressing costs in the 2006 legislation.”

The study revealed that the share of insurance premiums for family coverage paid by the average worker jumped more than 10 percent since 2006. Half of respondents said that they were spending more on health coverage in 2010 than 2009. And a quarter weren’t confident that they could afford care the following year.

About 1 in 4 respondents reported delaying treatment because of concerns about cost. That share is up from 2006. And 1 in 5 adults had problems paying medical bills - the same percentage as in 2006. “There was no sustained improvement in problems paying medical bills,” the researchers wrote.
Massachusetts "Reform" Fails

Old 10-05-2013, 07:49 AM
bUU

Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
I see you're referring to the many people on public assistance
False. I am referring to the arguments claiming progressive taxation a "penalty".

Quote:
When it results in less after tax income.
False. That doesn't make it a penalty.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lionsgators View Post
not really.
Your denial isn't convincing.

Quote:
Wow, are you ever in denial.
I wonder if you realize the irony of making that statement and then following it up with link to a website written for right-wing nut-jobs. You've left little doubt how folks who support the position you support guard yourselves against coming to understand the reality of the success of Romneycare - the success at doing what it is supposed to do, not necessarily what you personal would have wanted it to do, of course.

Regardless, let's refer to a news source:

Study: Romneycare Lowered Uninsured Rate, Didn't Increase Hospital Costs - US News and World Report
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies