Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-05-2013, 08:29 AM

6,073 posts, read 4,752,027 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bUU View Post
Thanks for admitting that.

It's not "my book". It is the "book" of the people who own this site, and it says that, "Insulting another member or a moderator will not be tolerated anywhere on this website." Note that they don't say the same about public figures, like Senator Warren.

I don't remember whether or not I was ignoring you at that time or not. Regardless, I mentioned this to another poster this morning, and the thought applies here as well:
lil lizzy isn't a member as far as I know. I seriously doubt she possesses the capability to use a PC. so you didn't define greed then. didn't think so. every time someone tries, the people they are trying to defend look like the greedy ones.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-05-2013, 08:32 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,783,759 times
In addition to a "single Payer" Universal government supported health care system for physician and hospital care I want to see prescription medications included. Then the AMA and the Drug monopolies could argue prices with someone, the government, strong enough to negotiate for a position of equal power.

Old 10-05-2013, 08:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW View Post
In addition to a "single Payer" Universal government supported health care system for physician and hospital care I want to see prescription medications included. Then the AMA and the Drug monopolies could argue prices with someone, the government, strong enough to negotiate for a position of equal power.
17 year patents. total BS. it's ironic that if I try to order cheap generic drugs from china or india, I can be arrested. however those same companies that have the patents can outsource their operations to either country.

Old 10-05-2013, 08:34 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,481,831 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW View Post
It's either single payer OR universal.

Know the difference.

Old 10-05-2013, 08:40 AM

2,491 posts, read 2,680,348 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by workingclasshero View Post
uhm...no such thing as non-profit
with out 'profit' you don't pay you bills...you don't get the newest and best stuff
do you really think doctors, nurses, clinics, hospitals, supply people are going to PROVIDE A SERVICE with out compensation or the ability to make a living and GROW that very SERVICE
As a working class hero I would think you would know the difference between the cost of labor (wages & salaries) and profit. But obviously not.

Old 10-05-2013, 08:47 AM

89,026 posts, read 44,824,472 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by workingclasshero View Post
you (the taxpayer) can't afford singlepayer

singlepayer would cost between 3-6 trillion yearly (depending on whether it is a 80/20 program like medicare or a 100% program like medicaid) (and depending on how many government DENIAL OF SERVICE there are)

we have less than 100 million taxpayers in this country of 320 million people
Correct. And of those 71.5 million who pay any federal income tax whatsoever, only about 7 million are paying an effective federal income tax rate greater than 12%.

U.S. population 2012: 314 million.

U.S. federal income tax returns filed: 135 million.

U.S. federal income taxpayers: 71.5 million.

And we know from IRS reports that the top 5% of filers, roughly 7 million, are subsidizing over 300 million people to a very significant extent:

The latest ACTUAL average effective federal income tax rates by income group, published by the IRS:

Top 0.1%: 22.84%
Top 1%: 23.39%
Top 5%: 20.64%

And then a HUGE effective tax rate drop-off below the top 5%...
Top 5-10%: 11.98%
Top 10-25%: 8.70%
Top 25-50%: 6.01% (middle class)
Bottom 50%: 2.37%
Summary of Latest Federal Income Tax Data

To recap: only 7 million people are subsidizing nearly everyone else.

There is NO way single-payer will work unless the other 128 million are equitably taxed, as well. Even then, a $3-6 trillion annual price tag would cost each of the 135 million households an extra $22,200-44,400 in federal taxes each year.

Are all of you who want single-payer health care willing to step up and pay that extra $22,200-44,400 in taxes each year?

Old 10-05-2013, 01:35 PM
bUU

12,074 posts, read 10,705,895 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lionsgators View Post
so you didn't define greed then.
Actually, I did. It happens that at the time I read your previous message in this thread I had not yet visited the other thread where you asked about greed.

I haven't been back to that other thread yet, but I have little doubt based on the nonsensical way you've responded here that you'll refuse to accept the answer you're given. It seems clear that your only intent is to just post what you're going to post regardless of what's said to you. The only real reason to reply to you, at this point, is to point out the merit-less nature of the way you engage the discussions.

Old 10-05-2013, 01:49 PM

Quote:
Actually, I did. It happens that at the time I read your previous message in this thread I had not yet visited the other thread where you asked about greed.

I haven't been back to that other thread yet, but I have little doubt based on the nonsensical way you've responded here that you'll refuse to accept the answer you're given. It seems clear that your only intent is to just post what you're going to post regardless of what's said to you. The only real reason to reply to you, at this point, is to point out the merit-less nature of the way you engage the discussions.
balderdash. poppycock.

Old 10-05-2013, 03:01 PM

9,282 posts, read 6,742,291 times
Quote:
No. It is limiting the amount of wealth they receive from the economy - not eliminating it, limiting it.

Next rationalization...

You use emotion ("limiting the success of a person") and immorality. What's your point?

Please stop lying. You simply don't like the facts (doubling of economic injustice in a generation; ACA will make health coverage affordable for those who otherwise couldn't afford healthcare; there is enough economic activity to expand Medicaid in every state; etc.) that I present.

We have. I live in Massachusetts. We have demonstrated to the nation that the system works. That must really upset you.
No it is limiting the amount of success a persons can achieve...wealth is a by product of it..

It not emotion it is a fact..

It will not make it affordable it will crash and burn, and I will tell you "I told you so"

Romney care is not a shining model..and it is riddle with problems..such as fraud waste, theft. on the state level, on the federal level Medicare and Medicaid have countless billions in fraud, waste, or theft...
so the idea that it is the end all be all it a joke, a joke I have to pay for..

So please call any sane, rational person a few name, then run away so the adult can solve the problem.

Old 10-05-2013, 03:03 PM

9,282 posts, read 6,742,291 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by artisan4 View Post
We definitely can and will do it. Everyone will be covered; we'll do it together as a nation. I'm interested in the state exchanges, see if I can get better insurance than the crap plan I have. Definitely want them to add a public option at some point.
Well when both suck, or you are left with no other choice...who will you blame?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies