Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-28-2013, 08:42 PM

150 posts, read 92,797 times

Advertisements

I bet they don't realize that Jews,Blacks and Indians fought for the confederacy either...they must have all been RACISTS!

Old 09-28-2013, 08:44 PM

1,391 posts, read 1,233,893 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NaturesFinest View Post
Sure are missing a lot of the country...I have been as far north as New York and as far west as Nevada...nothing compares to how I feel down south.
I've been to the south many, many times. I meant nowadays sir.
I do like the live oaks draped with moss, the bbq in SC, and the smell once one gets to about Elizabeth City, NC.
But up here is really where I belong.

Old 09-28-2013, 08:44 PM

24,488 posts, read 41,146,617 times
Quote:
I bet they don't realize that Jews,Blacks and Indians fought for the confederacy either...they must have all been RACISTS!
I assure you that very few, if any (I'd wager 0) Indians fought for the confederacy.

Old 09-28-2013, 08:47 PM

4,112 posts, read 4,475,445 times
Quote:
I was mocking you. You think people who fought for freedom were traitors yet you worship and pray and pledge allegiance to a nation traitors set up..its irony at its fullest.
I'll say it again. Patriots win. Traitors lose. Let that sink in.

Old 09-28-2013, 08:47 PM

27,624 posts, read 21,129,736 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJBest View Post
I assure you that very few, if any (I'd wager 0) Indians fought for the confederacy.
...and the blacks had such good reason to.

Old 09-28-2013, 08:50 PM

3,027 posts, read 2,520,964 times
Quote:
Lots of places only exist in our minds...take Palestine,The Basques land,Catalonia,Kurdistan..many more I am sure...several are coming to fruition...some day so will an independent south land...you saw the politician saying things are getting to the level of how politics was before the "civil war" broke out...maybe he is full of it maybe he isn't. He is one of hundreds of politicians in DC...I don't understand.If you left wingers hate us so called right wingers so much why so interested in keeping the country together? Why not let us go our separate ways and then things can get done finally.
it won't happen. I wish there was a place to herd all right wingers, but in most of the places people like you propose, there are people already living there who want to stay US citizens.

Old 09-28-2013, 08:51 PM

Quote:
I pledge allegiance to no flag but I do hold a special place in my heart and soul for the Confederate flag and my ancestors that fought and died for it. I don't vote,I didn't sign up for the military,etc etc etc...I am merely existing in this country...I would LOVE to move to Europe but I am a mixture of several European nationalities so not sure where would like to go. Maybe one day I can make that dream come true. But at the rate the US and its politicians are going at things...I can just stay here and watch the fireworks and see where things lay afterwords.
Your ancestors fought because they were told to. Cannon Fodder. I think it is funny everytime I come across an American that hates himself.

Old 09-28-2013, 08:52 PM

23,707 posts, read 30,753,834 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJBest View Post
I'll take that bet.
Native Americans in the American Civil War

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Native_Americans_in_the_American_Civil_War

Some of these tribes even sent troops to serve in the Confederate army, and one Cherokee, Stand Watie, rose to the rank of brigadier general.
http://www.history.com/this-day-in-history/confederacy-signs-treaties-with-choctaw-and-chickasaw-tribes

Old 09-28-2013, 08:57 PM

26,211 posts, read 19,525,255 times
I love revisionist history, now blacks fought for the Confederate cause, must mean slavery wasn't so bad after all.

Talk about your own private Idaho.

Old 09-28-2013, 08:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
I love revisionist history, now blacks fought for the Confederate cause, must mean slavery wasn't so bad after all.

Talk about your own private Idaho.
Wait until they start bringing up accounts of how blacks were happy being enslaved.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies