Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-19-2007, 11:06 AM

11,466 posts, read 19,392,304 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by smackie94 View Post
stuff, you know what stuff is?

stuff is time, money and work. to gain stuff most people have to work for it.

me personally i dont like work, so if somebody wants to take my stuff with absolutely no regard for me or the sacrifices i made to get that stuff, they are in essence taking the part of my life i spent getting that stuff.

and somebody who is willing to maliciously take part of my life or anybodies, i have no problem taking theres.

and as texcali32 said brekaing into someones home is a violent act by taking away someones security..... also see the second part of her quote

have you ever been robbed or buglared?

Stuff, I like that word, I have stuff and I worked and paid for that stuff and for some scum to break in and take my stuff makes me mad.
Then theres other stuff, like the toy gun my Dad got when he was a kid, the same one he passed down to me, the same one some scum stole and probably sold for drugs, I can never replace it and that makes it very personal, If i would have caught them taking it I would have shot them.
I have no sympathy for thieves

Old 11-19-2007, 11:14 AM

8,323 posts, read 15,203,233 times
stlsteved, no. The tune would not change. You can raise the BS flag all you wish, but I have this subtle way of parenting. Let the kid do the stupid behavior, get in trouble/hurt/etc and then pick up the pieces and hope he/she has learned something.

On one hand, it's just stufff - on the other hand, what if it was my stuff? If my neighbor took out a robber who attempted to steal things that were precious to me, I'd praise him... then ask him to help me clean up the blood after the investigation was done

Here's the part that gets me.. if the family was home and the old man didn't do anything about it - and the robbers went back in and raped/assaulted somebody. How would it rank on his conscience that he could've prevented it? AND, how would the public view him because he had a chance to stop them and didn't?

Old 11-19-2007, 11:26 AM

29,001 posts, read 30,420,058 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drover View Post
Those "bloodsucking vampires" protect your rights by compelling the state to lay out a solid case before imprisoning someone. That burden does not exist to protect criminals. It exists to protect you and me from capricious violations of our fundamental liberties.

Ohhhhh please, my cousin managed a small Italian store...4 robbers came in, they shoved her to the floor on her belly, one put his foot on her back to keep her down...one held a gun against her head, another had a baseball bat propped behind her head....while the fourth rampaged the store, stole her purse, and all her info;

They had robbed 4 other places....

During the hearings...well, I'm not going to go into it...but it is incredible today what the law really does not do to protect the innocent. And what the law and attorneys do, to get these criminals back out on the street...putting my son and every other police officer in jeprody, not to mention, waste the tax payers money...

Old 11-19-2007, 11:30 AM

29,001 posts, read 30,420,058 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roaddog View Post
Stuff, I like that word, I have stuff and I worked and paid for that stuff and for some scum to break in and take my stuff makes me mad.
Then theres other stuff, like the toy gun my Dad got when he was a kid, the same one he passed down to me, the same one some scum stole and probably sold for drugs, I can never replace it and that makes it very personal, If i would have caught them taking it I would have shot them.
I have no sympathy for thieves

AMEN!!!!

Once your home is broken into, it's a whole different story. You go to bed, lock your doors and sleep peacefully, thinking it's safe, your safe...but you are not...and if you ever fall prey to one of these crimes, you will never feel safe again. No matter where you go...the thought that someone can actually break in, haunts you forever. That is why I have a gun and a baseball bat....(wooden) Just hope I remember to swing the gun and shoot the bat??????

Old 11-19-2007, 11:34 AM

2,881 posts, read 6,103,708 times
I believe that the neighbor's intentions were just. It's not as if he charged into his buddy's house and just took out the two robbers. They were even warned not to move.

Instead of the wife of the robber saying: "I'm sorry my husband got caught up in that mess, I'll miss him," etc., she says the man who shot her husband is wrong? Your husband breaks into a house, gets shot, but he isn't wrong, the man who shot him is?

We're not talking innocent bystander here. There are much more cases that should be considered 'wrong'. To me, this is one that is more considered 'right'.
Am I saying it's 'great' the robbers are dead? No. But when observing the circumstances it's so hard to feel sorry for the robbers. How many times does this story end with robbers beating victims to death, or shooting them to get that 'nice gold chain'?

Old 11-19-2007, 11:34 AM

I would love to be able to protect my neighbor's stuff but if I had to shoot some one to do it I would go to prison, it's a shame the criminal has more rights than I do.

Old 11-19-2007, 11:35 AM

2,881 posts, read 6,103,708 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cremebrulee View Post
Ohhhhh please, my cousin managed a small Italian store...4 robbers came in, they shoved her to the floor on her belly, one put his foot on her back to keep her down...one held a gun against her head, another had a baseball bat propped behind her head....while the fourth rampaged the store, stole her purse, and all her info;

They had robbed 4 other places....

During the hearings...well, I'm not going to go into it...but it is incredible today what the law really does not do to protect the innocent. And what the law and attorneys do, to get these criminals back out on the street...putting my son and every other police officer in jeprody, not to mention, waste the tax payers money...
See, but if she had killed all 4 of the bastards there would be some protester calling it 'unjust'

Old 11-19-2007, 11:36 AM

41,458 posts, read 59,952,660 times
As I see it: Crime in progress. Civilian calls police and arms himself before attempting to restrain robbers. Robbers turn to attack civilian. Civilian shoots and kills robbers. IMHO civilian was acting within his rights. Case over.

Basic lesson in case anybody missed it. Whenever a person has you covered with a shotgun, do what he says! Don’t argue, don’t attack him and never assume he will not shoot. To do so is stupid and can be fatal.

Old 11-19-2007, 11:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cremebrulee View Post
AMEN!!!!

Once your home is broken into, it's a whole different story. You go to bed, lock your doors and sleep peacefully, thinking it's safe, your safe...but you are not...and if you ever fall prey to one of these crimes, you will never feel safe again. No matter where you go...the thought that someone can actually break in, haunts you forever. That is why I have a gun and a baseball bat....(wooden) Just hope I remember to swing the gun and shoot the bat??????
Right on the money, My parents house was broken into 2 times, they worry every time they leave it will happen agian, they lock everything up in a gun safe that means anything to them, the scum took my dad's watch his company gave to him when he retired, it ment a lot to him and can never be replaced, they took almost everything I had ever gave them for their birthdays and it changed their lives. After the last break in they know they have a gun safe and they worry they will come back when their home and force them to open it, it's just so much more than stealing things, that nice safe feeling you have at home is gone.

Old 11-19-2007, 12:04 PM

41,458 posts, read 59,952,660 times
Personally I have never felt "safe" at home or anywhere else. Be wise, be alert, be armed. Simple price of freedom.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies