Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-18-2007, 07:54 AM

1,679 posts, read 2,542,236 times

Advertisements

Did he have to shoot to kill? I say he should have shot them in the foot-they would not have been going anywhere for to long. He could have also shot into the air and they would have been frightened enough (maybe) to possibly drop the stolen merchandise. The shooter has to live with this for the rest of his life, a bad memory etched in his brain forever. Was it worth it for his mental well-being? I know he is not pleased with what he felt he needed to do for that span of time to protect his neighbors.The robbers were stupid and should have dropped the merchandise.

Crime today is committed for many various reasons, and so I will not stand in judgment of those who feel or believe they must do it for whatever reasons they have. Crime has been with us since the beginning of time, and it is not going to cease until we start doing something extreme. Laws exist, but many could care less about following them. Start removing some fingers, hands, or possibly a foot, and maybe people will take notice and think twice about their actions. I know it is barbaric, but something has to be done to decrease the rampant ongoing violence that we law abiding citizens are exposed to throughout this country around the clock.

The criminal system is whacked, and whose to say that many societal conditions are not genuinely created to fuel an industry that relies on this criminal population for it's bread and butter. The United States has many systems in place to make criminals. When will people wake up, and see what they personally have to do to avoid these systems and a criminal lifestyle, which will most times prevent you from ever having a chance to restart and get it together. A treacherous cycle that one must endure, especially when the barriers appear to difficult to overcome.

Old 11-18-2007, 08:38 AM

5,758 posts, read 11,632,418 times
Quote:
Think about how little crime we would have if the criminals knew everyone was packin..
Well, Texas's murder rate is above the national average, so, that would not be the best state to support that proposition. Vermont, on the other hand...

Old 11-18-2007, 08:57 AM

8,978 posts, read 16,552,765 times
Unfortunately for the shooter, he has the highest powers in the land standing squarely against him. George Bush has stated "I don't like vigilantes" (in referring to the Minute Men)...It seems like the shooter already has 'three strikes aginst him', though personally I do sympathize with him...

Old 11-18-2007, 09:24 AM

791 posts, read 2,222,398 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heaveno View Post
Did he have to shoot to kill? I say he should have shot them in the foot-they would not have been going anywhere for to long. He could have also shot into the air and they would have been frightened enough (maybe) to possibly drop the stolen merchandise.
Maybe he could have b*tch slapped them and politely ask them to take same tea and wait for the cops?

Quote:
Unfortunately for the shooter, he has the highest powers in the land standing squarely against him. George Bush has stated "I don't like vigilantes" (in referring to the Minute Men)...It seems like the shooter already has 'three strikes aginst him', though personally I do sympathize with him.
Texas does have laws protecting personal property. This is a crime that will be tried in the state. The President really has no say as to the prosecution. It's in the Constitution.

Old 11-18-2007, 09:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
I'm a pacifist. I don't believe in murder, no matter what.
That's just sad.

Old 11-18-2007, 09:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
I'm rather old. My world has never included pulling a gun on anyone for any reason. You make your own world and suffer your own consequences.
Same here. I don't own a gun and don't want one. But nothing comes between me and another citizen's right to own and carry, excepting government usurpation of Constitutional rights.

Theft can be more than taking a piece of candy or bubble gum card in a drug store. In a home, it is the violation of personal space. So, this homeowner, a quiet and peaceable subject who probly doesn't own any firearms is away from his quiet and peaceable personal space for the day. Some vermin are aware of this and decide to take advantage of this quiet and peaceable subject. They got caught. Result: more cleaning of the gene pool.

Would the Secret Service have been so kind had these criminals been seen climbing out a window of a fine Presidential home in Chappaqua NY?

Old 11-18-2007, 11:24 AM

28,890 posts, read 30,255,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
Its sad that our nation has become more concerned about criminals rights than it is with people who are the victims of crime.
Yes, and even more sad, are those bloodsucking vampires whose job depends on defending these criminals...making them look like victims....sad....

Old 11-18-2007, 11:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tnbound2day View Post
If you are trying to stop 2 thieves and hold them by gunpoint so they don't go running into the night just to do the same BS to someone else, then yes, its okay to shoot them if you inform them you will shoot if they move, and you are calling the police to have them come pick up the burglars. For all the guy knew, they were going to jump him, take his gun, then kill him. Thats why I have no problem with this situation, especially with the evidence that he was trying to get the cops to get to the scene before it went bad.
and that is exactly what he did, you could hear the 3 shots during the call...you could hear exactly what he told them...

Old 11-18-2007, 11:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
Becareful the left loves criminals, why else would they want law abiding citizens disarmed?
Yanno, its about darn time this started happening in Philly...I'm sick and tired of these worthless animals who are constantly killing innocent by standers...and the police officers who are killed....sheesh....it's just not right, and it is time, Philly and any other city in the U.S. clean up these criminals....

You shoot these guys to warn them, and as soon as they're out of prison, they go right back to crime. The percentage of criminals that are reformed is 1-2 %. You have to remember, crime is a culture, these people do not know any different...they were raised to believe that it's ok to do what they do.

Old 11-18-2007, 11:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ParkerP View Post
If the bold is true, a good lawyer is going to eat him alive. Whether he was "morally" right in shooting the robbers or not.

maybe, this wasn't the first, second or third time these homes were robbed...maybe it's a daily occurance and people who live there are getting sick of it....

No one, but no one has the right to break in another person's home.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies