Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-18-2007, 11:40 AM

29,001 posts, read 30,420,058 times

Advertisements

if anyone hears anything else on this issue, please come back to this thread and report it, with the link....I'd really like to support this man....

and thanks for contributing your thoughts to this thread....

Creme

Old 11-18-2007, 12:54 PM

1,679 posts, read 2,548,357 times
Quote:
Maybe he could have b*tch slapped them and politely ask them to take same tea and wait for the cops?

He could have shot not to kill the two robbers,this is all I was stating. To make light of or sarcastically make jokes about what I mentioned was not warranted nor was it mature.

Old 11-18-2007, 01:02 PM

61,255 posts, read 87,656,228 times
interesting 1984 thinkspeak
self defense is now called "vigilante"
bad guys need to stop watching "blade" so much on tv
good guys with guns are not going to be so terrified of your obvious
superiority and strutting that they will be afraid to fire
contrary to "blade" on tv, bullets will not bounce off your body from
a shotgun. turn off that television set.

Last edited by Huckleberry3911948; 11-18-2007 at 01:03 PM.. Reason: typo

Old 11-18-2007, 01:25 PM

124 posts, read 701,581 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cremebrulee View Post
if anyone hears anything else on this issue, please come back to this thread and report it, with the link....I'd really like to support this man....

and thanks for contributing your thoughts to this thread....

Creme
You can follow this discussion over on the Houston forum. This has been the hot topic in the Houston area recently. Also, you can occassionally check the Houston Chronicle website for details about this incident.

Old 11-18-2007, 01:28 PM

124 posts, read 701,581 times
Quote:
Yanno, its about darn time this started happening in Philly...I'm sick and tired of these worthless animals who are constantly killing innocent by standers...and the police officers who are killed....sheesh....it's just not right, and it is time, Philly and any other city in the U.S. clean up these criminals....

You shoot these guys to warn them, and as soon as they're out of prison, they go right back to crime. The percentage of criminals that are reformed is 1-2 %. You have to remember, crime is a culture, these people do not know any different...they were raised to believe that it's ok to do what they do.
I totally agree!

Old 11-18-2007, 01:38 PM

38,707 posts, read 103,477,455 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
Thanks for knowing exactly who I am and why.

Feigning moral superiority? Pot, kettle?
I was actually making a statement about pacifists in general, which is why I said "pacifists" and not "you." But if the shoe fits, wear it. I'll have no trouble substituting "you" for "pacifists" if it does.

Old 11-18-2007, 01:54 PM

10,757 posts, read 35,510,075 times
If a person wants to be a pacifist then that is your right however I won't be led like a lamb to the slaughter if someone thinks they are going to harm my daughter and myself. I will defend our lives with lethal force if need be. When I became a parent it was with the understanding that was my responsibility.

My Father was the same way with us growing up, he would have done anything he had to, to protect us. There was always a shotgun behind the door and a rifle as well as his .38 in his bedside table. I slept better at night knowing it.

Old 11-18-2007, 01:57 PM

38,707 posts, read 103,477,455 times
Quote:
Yes, and even more sad, are those bloodsucking vampires whose job depends on defending these criminals...making them look like victims....sad....
Those "bloodsucking vampires" protect your rights by compelling the state to lay out a solid case before imprisoning someone. That burden does not exist to protect criminals. It exists to protect you and me from capricious violations of our fundamental liberties.

Old 11-18-2007, 02:26 PM

294 posts, read 438,018 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tablemtn View Post
Well, Texas's murder rate is above the national average, so, that would not be the best state to support that proposition. Vermont, on the other hand...
to many other factors contribute to say whether or not this helps with the murder rate...

Old 11-18-2007, 02:32 PM

294 posts, read 438,018 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heaveno View Post
Did he have to shoot to kill? I say he should have shot them in the foot-they would not have been going anywhere for to long. He could have also shot into the air and they would have been frightened enough (maybe) to possibly drop the stolen merchandise. The shooter has to live with this for the rest of his life, a bad memory etched in his brain forever. Was it worth it for his mental well-being? I know he is not pleased with what he felt he needed to do for that span of time to protect his neighbors.The robbers were stupid and should have dropped the merchandise.

Crime today is committed for many various reasons, and so I will not stand in judgment of those who feel or believe they must do it for whatever reasons they have. Crime has been with us since the beginning of time, and it is not going to cease until we start doing something extreme. Laws exist, but many could care less about following them. Start removing some fingers, hands, or possibly a foot, and maybe people will take notice and think twice about their actions. I know it is barbaric, but something has to be done to decrease the rampant ongoing violence that we law abiding citizens are exposed to throughout this country around the clock.

The criminal system is whacked, and whose to say that many societal conditions are not genuinely created to fuel an industry that relies on this criminal population for it's bread and butter. The United States has many systems in place to make criminals. When will people wake up, and see what they personally have to do to avoid these systems and a criminal lifestyle, which will most times prevent you from ever having a chance to restart and get it together. A treacherous cycle that one must endure, especially when the barriers appear to difficult to overcome.

in those types of situations shooting to wound is nothing more then a feel good form of arm chair quarterbacking...

reality is not like TV in that sense. if you feel you must pull the trigger you must understand the end result is most likely death for the guy on the receiving end. in those circumstance, just pointing that thing (weapon) straight isnt an easy task. trying to hit a nonvital part, while outnumbered and in the dark isnt realistic. he felt it neccesary to shoot, he knew what would happen if he did. he did it

me personally I would giggle myself to sleep every night thinking about it if i were him.

the rest of your post..... i dig it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies