Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-30-2013, 05:29 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,108,083 times

Advertisements

I'll be the first one to admit that we had issues with health insurance in this country, its far too expensive, and I really think it should be unlinked from an employer.

But with Obamacares "taxes", and the fact that it affects those working 30+ hours a week,

why wouldnt you want to fix some of these issues so its not so damaging to those it intends to help?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-30-2013, 05:45 PM

1,496 posts, read 1,855,638 times
who is it damaging?

do you even know what the law does?

When California's health insurance exchange goes live I'm going to go on the website and shop for health insurance. It's really sucked that I haven't been able to get health insurance because of a pre-existing condition.

The ACA doesn't fix our health care system. But it was probably the best we could get considering how the republican party plan was only to offer catastrophic high deductible plans and health insurance accounts. The republican party is great for rich people. But its a horrible system for everyone else.

Old 09-30-2013, 06:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aldous9 View Post
who is it damaging?

do you even know what the law does?

When California's health insurance exchange goes live I'm going to go on the website and shop for health insurance. It's really sucked that I haven't been able to get health insurance because of a pre-existing condition.

The ACA doesn't fix our health care system. But it was probably the best we could get considering how the republican party plan was only to offer catastrophic high deductible plans and health insurance accounts. The republican party is great for rich people. But its a horrible system for everyone else.
Who is it damaging? Have you even seen the latest unemployment numbers and how almost everyone being hired is part time? Are you completely ignorant to all of the layoffs taking place because of the taxes in it?

Old 09-30-2013, 06:30 PM

16,911 posts, read 10,591,580 times
The entire system that was dreamed up was a disaster. The US needs to switch to a single-payer health care system like the rest of the civilized world.

Old 09-30-2013, 06:31 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,198,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
I'll be the first one to admit that we had issues with health insurance in this country, its far too expensive, and I really think it should be unlinked from an employer.

But with Obamacares "taxes", and the fact that it affects those working 30+ hours a week,

why wouldnt you want to fix some of these issues so its not so damaging to those it intends to help?
I kinda agree with you.

But your party refused to help make it a better bill by insisting that no reform was needed at all.

Old 09-30-2013, 06:33 PM

2,672 posts, read 2,718,069 times
Time for a Republican who isn't on Medicare, or Tricare, or VA, or Medicaid to chime in and tell us what those taxes are and how you are severely impacted by the ACA and how much higher you think your rates will be. If you are on one of those government programs will you explain how this is a takeover of healthcare while your Medicare plan isn't?

20,300 posts, read 22,221,236 times
Why wont the Dems pass an bill to remove the waiver for themselves? Put themselves in the same boat as the rest of us.

10,793 posts, read 13,545,862 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJJersey View Post
The entire system that was dreamed up was a disaster. The US needs to switch to a single-payer health care system like the rest of the civilized world.

Is that that why they all come to America for treatment???

A True Tale of Canadian Health Care: Why some patients need to go to the U.S. for surgery - YouTube

Old 09-30-2013, 06:34 PM

14,888 posts, read 10,035,501 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
I kinda agree with you.

But your party refused to help make it a better bill by insisting that no reform was needed at all.
Bull****, Republicans brought up tons of ideas and even recently released a plan that is many times better than the ACA and Democrats didn't pay attention back then and won't pay attention now. I refuse to let left wing fools continue to say that the other party didn't bring up any good ideas or didn't offer ideas at all, that's a lie and you know it.

Old 09-30-2013, 06:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
I kinda agree with you.

They never came close to saying that.. they were locked out of the negotiations remember?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies