Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-10-2013, 07:39 PM

35,709 posts, read 21,070,199 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
I'm a Tea Party person, and here are my top 5 federal issues:

1. A balanced budget law that only allows the budget to be exceeded when congress declares war.
2. Switch from an income tax to a sales based tax.
3. Control of our borders.
4. Stop sending financial aid to other countries.
5. Stop being the world's police.

Which of those do you take exception to and why?
1. the budget be balanced if people worked and paid taxes, bring the jobs back! (pss.they are over seas in case you didnt know.)
2. won't work- sales taxes is for the states to function-- you want to get rid of those?? hmmm
3. first stop smoking some many drugs,,, long as they getting in -so are people.. concentrate on sobering America up... and jail employers who hire the undocumented. hmm
4. we give and trust me, we get, its NOT a one way street, just not all out in the open. BUT common sense should tell you what you pay for, you own- (in one way or another).
5.we are the police because we are so rich and powerful- that IF we don't show ourselves strong,, wooff -bark- growl.. they will come take us over.- yes they will - and at the rate we going, we treading dangerous waters.
Ok chico- my take n why
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-10-2013, 07:41 PM

14,361 posts, read 9,792,731 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkpunk View Post
Number two because that method can lead to a slippery slope. Say I do not want to pay taxes, therefore I don't buy anything and don't pay taxes.

Number four and five is tricky, if we don't send financial aid and be world police, we saw what that caused after World War I, Hitler and the rise of the Third Reich.
DUDE!!! Capitalists (bankers) in the United States funded the rise of Hitler!

Big Banks Funded the Nazis and Launched a Coup Against the President of the United States | Washington's Blog

Barclays seized millions in deposits from Jews at the behest of the Nazi's. The US and Britain were complicit in funneling money to Hitler because they thought he would be their puppet... just like Hussein, Noriega, Batista, Duvalier, Pinochet, and a long list of totalitarian rulers who went amuck on us.

Al Qaeda is an invention of the CIA. We are our own worst enemy when we try to social engineer and nation build. WWII was a product of our own incompetence, as the bankers played the world like puppets.

Old 10-10-2013, 07:44 PM

steven_Hh ---goes with what I just posted on # 4 Money rules, but crazies can't be contained.

Old 10-10-2013, 07:50 PM

I just thought of something stupid --but do you think the repubs want to send some of the gov't jobs overseas,,, be alot cheaper and they could keep those hedgefunds friendships (pimps) really happy... just a dumb thought.

Old 10-10-2013, 09:56 PM

38,936 posts, read 23,908,308 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by steven_h View Post
DUDE!!! Capitalists (bankers) in the United States funded the rise of Hitler!

Big Banks Funded the Nazis and Launched a Coup Against the President of the United States | Washington's Blog

Barclays seized millions in deposits from Jews at the behest of the Nazi's. The US and Britain were complicit in funneling money to Hitler because they thought he would be their puppet... just like Hussein, Noriega, Batista, Duvalier, Pinochet, and a long list of totalitarian rulers who went amuck on us.

Al Qaeda is an invention of the CIA. We are our own worst enemy when we try to social engineer and nation build. WWII was a product of our own incompetence, as the bankers played the world like puppets.
I am not denying that we MAY have had a hand in the CIA and banks bankrolling oppressive regimes. What I was more referring to was the harsh Versailles treaty that the US had no part in because post World War I isolationists in Congress. FYI, that harsh Versailles treaty signed in 1919, crippled Germany and broke up Austria-Hungry. The Central Powers were treated worse than the South post Civil War.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies