Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-05-2013, 09:17 PM

41,110 posts, read 25,740,361 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by arjay57 View Post
It will sure be a good thing for me since I have been totally locked out of the insurance market due a pre-existing condition.

Why didn't you have insurance before you got sick? Did you wait until you got sick then try to buy it. I'm going to cancel my car insurance, if I get into a car accident I'll buy it that day.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-05-2013, 11:57 PM

3,697 posts, read 4,999,583 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
Why didn't you have insurance before you got sick? Did you wait until you got sick then try to buy it. I'm going to cancel my car insurance, if I get into a car accident I'll buy it that day.
However until ACA insurance could drop you for a prexsisting condition---even if you were born with it, had it as a child. In addition you could loose coverage if you suffer unemployment...not quite the same.

Oh and if you cancel your car insurance you can not drive your care legally in many states, kind of like the requirment to buy insurance in the ACA.

Old 10-06-2013, 12:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chirack View Post
However until ACA insurance could drop you for a prexsisting condition---even if you were born with it, had it as a child. In addition you could loose coverage if you suffer unemployment...not quite the same.

Oh and if you cancel your car insurance you can not drive your care legally in many states, kind of like the requirment to buy insurance in the ACA.
So couldn't Obama make it law they had to cover pre-existing conditions instead of forcing everyone into ACA. What ever happened to choice. So I am forced on ACA to pay for it, that's the bottom line, oh and control.

Oh, that would requiring government officials to talk and have input to come up with the best solution. BIG no, no. Democrats want their way and call it a democracy.

Old 10-06-2013, 12:07 AM

2,672 posts, read 2,718,496 times
I can understand why the OP asked the question because most of the people who post here are on a gubbermint plan. At least half are on Medicare, Tricare, or VA care. A few are on Medicaid. The other 40 percent or so are on private plans. That leaves less than 5% of conservatives who have even a concept of what its like buying insurance in the open market. Its pretty easy to oppose the ACA when you are on the gubbermint dole.

Old 10-06-2013, 12:10 AM

14,888 posts, read 10,037,809 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by borregokid View Post
I can understand why the OP asked the question because most of the people who post here are on a gubbermint plan. At least half are on Medicare, Tricare, or VA care. A few are on Medicaid. The other 40 percent or so are on private plans. That leaves less than 5% of conservatives who have even a concept of what its like buying insurance in the open market. Its pretty easy to oppose the ACA when you are on the gubbermint dole.
You make a lot of really ignorant assumptions about people on here on a daily basis.

Old 10-06-2013, 12:11 AM

Quote:
I'm on private insurance. And I still don't like Obamacare (forced)

Old 10-06-2013, 12:20 AM

4,002 posts, read 3,905,930 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
What if you are a Democrat and your rates didn't increase at all? Well, you probably don't want to hear from all those people because that wouldn't fit your obvious agenda.

DO share with us - did your rates increase perchance?
Oh .. your rates will absolutely go up .. no doubt about that my friend ... It's the law .. it doesn't make any difference who you're insured with either .. both Liberals and Conservatives are soooo screwed across the board, and the funny part of it all is that 52% of this nation voted for the screwing they are about to receive ..

ACA will be it's own eventual undoing ... By next year at this time, everyone (including the progressives) will be screaming to high heaven .. I $hit you not ...

ACA is going to end .. and end well it will not ...

Spoiler Alert: The Democrats will most willingly support it's repeal ..

Old 10-06-2013, 12:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
I'm on private insurance. And I still don't like Obamacare (forced)
Yes and I said 40% are on private plans and I am talking about those mostly paid by your employer. Have you actually had to buy insurance on the open market?

Old 10-06-2013, 12:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMoreYouKnow View Post
You make a lot of really ignorant assumptions about people on here on a daily basis.
No not really. 85% of the people in the US are already covered by insurance. For Tea Partiers and Republicans I am sure it approaches 90% because of the numbers who are on Tricare for Life, Medicare, VA and other government programs.. Do you really think the Republicans would be against the ACA if their base wasn't fully covered?? Yeah I know there are the Tea Party zombies who inhabit the trailer parks that don't like a President with dark skin.. but after that what?? Geezers in mobility scooters.

Old 10-06-2013, 12:47 AM

383 posts, read 641,664 times
Quote:
Do you just copy and paste the same response? The 40 percent, your estimate, are on private plans are we and the company that provides it are paying for it and that's dumb? The people on Medicare that paid into it are dumb? Our Tricare for our Military is dumb? Our VA is Dumb? We aren't on any government plan but we pay into it. We have been on TriCare while my husband was serving in the Marine Corps for 14 years, yeah he went to Desert Storm, we deserved the care. You my dear are a dumb ass.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies