Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-19-2013, 05:32 AM

1,329 posts, read 1,103,572 times

Advertisements

UFO Sightings Doubled in 2012 ... in Canada

(Keep the snickering at a minimum... the old press treatment using ridicule is beginning to wobble.)

UFO sightings in Canada rose alarmingly in 2012 -
-May 17, 2013
UFO sightings in Canada doubled in 2012
. . .
In 2012, there were 1,981 sightings, nearly doubling the previous annual record of 1,004 sightings recorded in 2008. There were record numbers of UFOs reported in every province last year except for Saskatchewan and P.E.I.

===
/more: UFO sightings in Canada rose alarmingly in 2012

(2)
UFO sightings across Canada in 2012 nearly doubled all-time record
CTV News-May 16, 2013
. . .
If UFO spotters are to be believed, five Canadian cities are the top UFO hotspots: Toronto, Calgary, Kelowna, Winnipeg and Vancouver.
Reports of the sightings ranged from flying saucers in British Columbia, to dark guitar-shaped objects in Ontario
Then there was one very strange case in Newfoundland, UFOlogy research coordinator Chris Rutkowski told CTV News.
“A number of people had watched a glowing object move from side to side in the sky, and then dash away very, very quickly,” he said.
Earlier on Wednesday, Rutkowski told CTV News Channel that for years the number of UFO sightings in Canada had remained fairly constant.
“We thought that they had plateaued or peaked a few years ago, when there were about 1,000 cases reported in Canada. But last year they jumped 100 per cent: 2,000 reports in Canada alone,” he said.

===
Read more: http://www.ctvnews.ca/sci-tech/ufo-s...#ixzz2TjmSteGT
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-19-2013, 05:37 AM

POLITICS SECTION? - why?

Because there's been a government Cover-up of UFO information for decades.

/see the prior thread on this :
//www.city-data.com/forum/polit...wer-greed.html

THAT thread is Now Closed, because some "disrupters" took it off topic, after many days of good postings from others.

Closed or not, the pressure for UFO Disclosure is mounting... and there's an excellent chance we will have Disclosure within the next 12 months. (If I am wrong, you can pull up this thread in May 2014, and remind me that I said that. But let's first see what happens in the meantime.)

Old 05-19-2013, 06:12 AM

6,046 posts, read 4,815,984 times
Geologic, if there were such things as UFOs they would not be from this solar system.

Any beings that would able to develop some form of galactic travel would be far, far more advanced technologically than anything that earth has. What possible interest would they have in this planet? Other than perhaps to view inhabitants on earth much as you or I might look at animals in a zoo. Or maybe they might even think us to be interesting insects.

The truth is they wouldn't have any kind of agenda. Being so technically advanced they could just take earth in a minute or so without exerting any more effort that we would to swat a fly. If they wanted it.

Old 05-19-2013, 06:13 AM

24,404 posts, read 23,056,554 times
I saw my first UFO this Spring. April 1st, strangely enough.
It was just a few minutes past 10 PM and I had let the dog out in the backyard. I saw how clear the sky was and how bright the stars were so I did some star gazing while I waited. I watched a commercial jet pass by going east to west, we're on a major air traffic corridor. It slowly passed by. I looked straight up, wanting to see other stars besides the major constellations. Just then, right through my field of vision, right above, there passed some kind of craft. It was high up, I'd guess commercial jet altitude. It had two lights I saw clearly, a larger one in front and a slightly smaller one directly behind it. They didn't blink and were white. It was going north to south.
It was gone in a second. It seemed to be going higher and faster and the lights just vanished.
If I had to guess how fast it was going, I could say very conservatively it had to be going 10 times as fast as a commercial jet, minimum. More like closer to 20 times(a better guess) as fast. I've seen military jets moving at night and this was way , way faster. I might have mistaken it for a meteor if I hadn't been looking right at it and saw it had two lights and no trail. But it wasn't going meteor fast, either.
I waited a few days and then actually e mailed my local airport just to ask if they had seen anything strange on radar or had had any sightings or reports. They never got back to me so that was it. I did report it to MUFON a UFO sight.
You can fake lights easily enough. String some helium balloons with glow sticks or LED lights or even chinese paper lanterns. Speed you can't fake.

Old 05-19-2013, 06:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weichert View Post
Geologic, if there were such things as UFOs they would not be from this solar system.

Any beings that would able to develop some form of galactic travel would be far, far more advanced technologically than anything that earth has. What possible interest would they have in this planet? Other than perhaps to view inhabitants on earth much as you or I might look at animals in a zoo. Or maybe they might even think us to be interesting insects.

The truth is they wouldn't have any kind of agenda. Being so technically advanced they could just take earth in a minute or so without exerting any more effort that we would to swat a fly. If they wanted it.
W.,
I recommend you look at the other thread:
//www.city-data.com/forum/polit...wer-greed.html

There was a full week of Hearings in Washington earlier this month that went into these issues in great detail. 40 expert witnesses appeared in from of Six Congresspeople and answered their questions in detail.

I watched about 70% of it, and I can tell you the testimony was very convincing.

I don't want to go over the same ground in detail, but I recommend you take a look.

Old 05-19-2013, 06:21 AM

Is this one of "ours"? ... Maybe.

Amazing Black Triangle Witness Report
May 14, 2013
The Object Report has published one of the best and most detailed black triangle witness reports in the history of the UFO phenomenon. It is available as an Insight on Unknowncountry.com and on the Object Report's blog.

Read the original source: alternative news, science, culture, religion, ufos, alien encounters | unknowncountry | the edge of the world

Old 05-19-2013, 06:26 AM

6,046 posts, read 4,815,984 times
Ummm. I think that the six Congresspeople (ex?) were paid to attend.

Have you read anything re Smedley Butler?

Old 05-19-2013, 06:27 AM

4,738 posts, read 4,433,724 times
If UFO spotters are to be believed

Sums up the argument in one fail swoop.

If you want us to believe in Aliens, you need more than people pointing at landing planes

Old 05-19-2013, 06:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weichert View Post
Ummm. I think that the six Congresspeople (ex?) were paid to attend.

Have you read anything re Smedley Butler?
Do you think they should dedicate their time, and risk there reputations for no payment? Why?
In fact, they took their "jobs" very seriously, and performed their duties well. I can away having a higher opinion of Congress folk, than before the hearings began.

BTW, what do you suppose is the going rate for a week of an ex-Congressperson's time?*

Of course, I am aware of Smedley - a true American patriot - who stopped an earlier attempt at a Coup d'etat in America. But his opponents, and more exactly their offspring, never gave up. Too bad that Smedley was not around circa 1999-2000.

/See: //www.city-data.com/forum/polit...-imminent.html

*I have made US1,000 -2,000 per day as a consultant, but I had nothing like their credentials. Nor did I have to risk my public reputation on my work.

Old 05-19-2013, 06:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisFromChicago View Post
If UFO spotters are to be believed
Sums up the argument in one fail swoop.
If you want us to believe in Aliens, you need more than people pointing at landing planes
He who ruined that previous thread, seems determined to do it again.
Kindly speak sense, or depart, Mr Gadfly.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies