Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-08-2013, 12:19 AM

29,094 posts, read 26,008,825 times

Advertisements

There is no one as Irish as Barack Obama.

Theres no one as Irish as Barack OBama- Corrigan Brothers - YouTube

Old 10-08-2013, 01:18 AM

6,351 posts, read 9,978,608 times
Maybe because Obama himself is a self hating mixed race person with major issues?

This is what he said about how much he hates his white ancestry:

Obama Longs to Expunge his White Blood | Stop Obama Now!! - San Diego

Whine and moan about it being a right-wing website all you want, but it used quotes taken IN FULL CONTEXT FROM OBOZZO'S OWN BOOK!

Now, if Obama said he hated his black blood, people would be up in arms, and rightfully so. But it's perfectly okay for him to hate his white side, even though he was raised by his white mother and white grandparents.

Keep in mind that the same people defending Obama's self hate accuse me of being self hating simply for saying "I'm mixed, not black, and equally proud of being African and Italian."

So my being proud of being both means I'm "a self hating uncle tom," but Obama hating his white side is "perfectly understandable"

There is a reason why I call myself a "leftist" or "social democrat" and not a "liberal."

Old 10-08-2013, 01:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ParadigmizedFactions View Post
Obama doesn't deny that he is white as well. In fact he always embraces his mixed heritage. I've never heard him out right say he was just black etc.

Obama Longs to Expunge his White Blood | Stop Obama Now!! - San Diego

Obama Census Choice: African-American

Obama is a self hating loser and just as bad a president as Bush.

Unlike this worthless piece of corporate owned subhuman flesh, I'm proud to be mixed.

Obama is a self hating, America hating, right-wing, warmongering chump who's only use on this Earth should be to toss my salad.

Old 10-08-2013, 01:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ParadigmizedFactions View Post
Obama is NOT African American either. His farher is Luo Kenyan.

Most African Americans are mixed race peoples but their African lineage comes from West Africa and Central Africa.

Most black Americans are about 90-80% West and Central African. Saying a black person is "mixed race" because they have a distant white ancestor is like saying J Edgar Hoover is mixed because he had distant black ancestors:
Genealogy Records May Indicate that J. Edgar Hoover Was African-American | Essence.com

Or Rebecca Hall could be considered mixed, considering she is 1/8th black...I doubt that the many "one droppers", most of whom today are black, would be okay with her winning a Miss Black America competition.

http://thefilmstage.com/wp-content/u...02-620x413.jpg

If you're under 25% of something and/or look and identify with one group alone, I doubt anyone could really call you mixed.

A black guy with 10% white DNA from some unknown source is not the same as my black/Norwegian friend who lived the first ten years of his life in Norway and speaks Norwegian as a first language, or myself who knew my Italian grandparents who spoke with an accent until their dying day.

Last edited by CaseyB; 10-08-2013 at 05:08 AM..

Old 10-08-2013, 01:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by IceTeaDrinker2013 View Post
There is no kinda white, mostly white, sort of white. You either have full white blood lines or you aren't white.

Obama is brown. But he chooses to associate himself with black culture.
Yes, and there is no kinda black either.

Drop Obama off in Africa and see how "black" he is.

Old 10-08-2013, 01:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by softblueyz View Post
"If I had a son, he would look like Trayvon".

Obama by his own admission is black. He constantly refers to himself as being black, although, I don't recall him ever referring to himself as African American. In many of his speeches he addresses African Americans/black people.

He is not black. He has no slave ancestors. I'm more black than Obama is in that respect, because my African ancestors got here on a slave ship...Obama's father flew to Hawaii business class.

I'm half black and mostly attracted to white girls. If I had a son, there is a good chance he would look like George Zimmerman.

And yes, if Obama is black, than so is 1/4th black Zimmerman. Just had to throw that out there for the hypocritical one droppers.

Old 10-08-2013, 01:42 AM

82 posts, read 48,449 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
The president's mother, Ann Dunham, was a white lady.

However, the hardcore Obama supporters always call him the first African-American president.

Couldn't he equally be considered the 44th white president?
What race does the Tea Party consider him? We can just go with that

Old 10-08-2013, 01:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by caribdoll View Post
That has nothing to do with liberal or conservative. It is nothing but the "one-drop" rule that is ingrained in the culture of most generational Americans.

And that is long dead and only people stuck in the past follow...and a disproportionate amount of those people are black:

Quote:
Fast-forward to November 2006 and in a 2006 Zogby International poll, 55% of whites considered Obama as biracial after being told that Obama's mother was white and his Kenyan father was black. Even more Hispanics -- 61% -- also saw Obama as biracial. But interestingly, 66% of the blacks polled classified Obama as black.
How Far Have We Really Come from the "One-Drop Rule"? | PR Watch

Old 10-08-2013, 01:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by caribdoll View Post
It's part of American culture and is applied with little thought by the majority. It has a major place in American society as opposed to the rest of the world.

No, it WAS a part of American society, and now we've moved on and continue to move on. The One drop Rule is a thing of the past and in a decade or so the last vestiges of it will vanish completely:

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/01/30/us...anted=all&_r=0

Old 10-08-2013, 01:57 AM

29,094 posts, read 26,008,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scrapheap View Post
What race does the Tea Party consider him? We can just go with that
The Tea Party is concerned with smaller and constitutionally limited government, supported by lower taxes which will create jobs and drive a strong economy, and ensuring that our elected leaders are held accountable to the people who elected them.

Your entire post is a non sequester.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies