Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-06-2013, 01:36 AM

3,353 posts, read 6,443,006 times

Advertisements

We honestly have no clue if NAFTA worked well or not, Clinton reigned on a great era of prosperity that seem to be primarily based on technological advancements which in return pushed down deficits even turning them into surpluses, increased wealth, and created millions of jobs. Would all I had mentioned in the last sentence have occurred without NAFTA? I think so, but we don't know the magnitude of NAFTA and if it did have an effect at all on the US growing prosperity. To cut to the chase, I'm not sure about TPP, I don't think its the right time to reign this one in because we have far too much to lose if it does happen to be a failure, NAFTA was implemented during a time of prosperity therefore the effects could be drowned out fairly easy, but not TPP. I would rather the US have a free trade agreement with the EU if anything, I think that would benefit fit us far more than the TPP.

Going back to what I was saying about prosperity and NAFTA, I don't want to make this into an ACA/ObamaCare hating thread, but I would say if a law like that were to be implemented, it should've been during the Clinton Era for the sheer fact that prosperity was rising quickly and it possibly could've been drowned out if it didn't work too well.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-06-2013, 02:06 AM

29,827 posts, read 24,917,786 times
What can the U.S. export to low wage nations? Well, since the price of labor influences the final cost of providing goods and services, I would suspect very little. Even commodities, there are plenty of other countries that can provide necessary resources that are much closer. Maybe we could export our worthless politicians

The way I see it, this type of partnership just grant more low wage nations preferential trading status. Great for corps looking to relocate the few American jobs left. Obviously, not so great for the 60-something percent of Americans who are clinging to their jobs by the fingernails.

Old 10-06-2013, 10:56 AM

8,483 posts, read 6,935,208 times
Just more of Global Inc. Same as NAFTA.

Old 10-06-2013, 09:08 PM

3,353 posts, read 6,443,006 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by andywire View Post
What can the U.S. export to low wage nations? Well, since the price of labor influences the final cost of providing goods and services, I would suspect very little. Even commodities, there are plenty of other countries that can provide necessary resources that are much closer. Maybe we could export our worthless politicians

The way I see it, this type of partnership just grant more low wage nations preferential trading status. Great for corps looking to relocate the few American jobs left. Obviously, not so great for the 60-something percent of Americans who are clinging to their jobs by the fingernails.
The issue with wealth is why I'd rather enter into an EU-US agreement rather than this one, there is still wealth in the EU and we already work together extensively on many things. The EU is even more expensive to operate in comparison to the US therefore many companies would locate back in the US from the EU.

Old 10-06-2013, 09:14 PM

9,282 posts, read 6,744,646 times
I will bite the labor force in the ass, so it will harm what ever party crafted it, this will be Obama`s NAFTA.

Old 10-06-2013, 09:43 PM

33,387 posts, read 34,854,052 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CDusr View Post
Just more of Global Inc. Same as NAFTA.
yep, just another step along the way to total immersion in full globalism.

Old 05-24-2015, 02:32 PM

824 posts, read 1,177,924 times
Treasonous, pure treasonous.

Old 05-24-2015, 05:02 PM

22,662 posts, read 24,610,454 times
Might as well, cat is out of the bag.

If US manufacturers cannot compete on a global-scale, including inside the US borders, too bad.

Old 05-24-2015, 05:03 PM

24,418 posts, read 23,076,143 times
Proof both parties are working together against the citizens of the United States.

Old 05-24-2015, 05:21 PM

29,827 posts, read 24,917,786 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Icy Tea View Post
Proof both parties are working together against the citizens of the United States.
Not just proof... More proof...

Our founding fathers created a system of government that was designed to be slow and inefficient, for reasons like this. Unfortunately, those safeguards were disassembled through the passing of time.

And here we are today, held hostage by a rogue political system that certainly does not represent "we the people".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies