Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-10-2013, 08:12 PM

7,800 posts, read 10,108,790 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kibby View Post
I guess it might depend a bit on where you live ...... but, don't make the mistake of thinking "Not my town". It's a lot more than "pockets" or even "isolated Cities" - why do you think that the proven strategy in Mexico won't apply here? I've lived my entire (and long) life in a border State - this sickness is moving North as these Drug Lords are fighting over USA "Territory" now.

If you happen to live in a Sanctuary City ..... your City is already infiltrated. Time is short to attempt to take it back, but it won't be easy.
I doubt we will ever see things as bad as Mexico. Remember, we don't have the engrained culture of corruption within the government, military, and law enforcement agencies that is so common in Latin America. Additionally if they tried to pull the assassinations and occupations of entire towns the FedGov would declare an temporary exemption of Posse Comitatus and have the US military wipe them from the face of the planet Earth.

Do the drug cartels have a few insiders here and there? Sure.
Can the drug cartels buy off a Border Patrol agent or a Customs officer here and there? Sure, it's already happened a few times.
Can they kill the odd person here and there? Yeah, it's happened several times.
Could they do some localized vote fraud? Heck yeah.

Can they invade Phoenix and kidnap and execute the mayor and his family and then behead the police chief? No
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-10-2013, 08:14 PM

35,704 posts, read 21,063,743 times
OH boy! in all walks of life - all there are humans and some humans fail miserably at what they do- so therefore some will fall by the sound of ching ching- cops get arrested all the time, why do you supposed there is always an " Internal Affairs" Office of Responsiblity etc etc , in place>?

Old 10-10-2013, 08:31 PM

14,361 posts, read 9,790,545 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytrump View Post
OH boy! in all walks of life - all there are humans and some humans fail miserably at what they do- so therefore some will fall by the sound of ching ching- cops get arrested all the time, why do you supposed there is always an " Internal Affairs" Office of Responsiblity etc etc , in place>?
Good point!

When IA fails, or is complicit, we get this:
ZCommunications | New Orleans Police Corruption and Repression by Darwin BondGraham | ZMagazine Article

Old 10-10-2013, 08:52 PM

17,440 posts, read 9,271,173 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WIHS2006 View Post
I doubt we will ever see things as bad as Mexico. Remember, we don't have the engrained culture of corruption within the government, military, and law enforcement agencies that is so common in Latin America. Additionally if they tried to pull the assassinations and occupations of entire towns the FedGov would declare an temporary exemption of Posse Comitatus and have the US military wipe them from the face of the planet Earth.

Can the drug cartels buy off a Border Patrol agent or a Customs officer here and there? Sure, it's already happened a few times.

Can they invade Phoenix and kidnap and execute the mayor and his family and then behead the police chief? No
I totally agree that the Cartels will never take over the USA the way they have Mexico. More than one reason for that - but a big part of it is that the Americans are armed and the Mexican citizens are not. That statement doesn't have anything to do with 2nd amendment rights - it has to do with reality. The Mexican citizens were disarmed by law and the Cartels had no resistance. Hard to fight back against armed Narcos with just kitchen knives.

I pretty much grew up on the border, have family that still had land and lives on the border - our ancestors crossed from Mexico into the USA - before it was the USA.

I think it's impossible for anyone to really understand unless they live in these areas. Don't kid yourself - there are border towns on the USA/Mexican border that are totally controlled by Drug Cartels. Some of them are battlegrounds for the US Citizens just trying to hold their ground.

We need immigration reform for this country - but a political solution is NO solution at all.

Old 10-10-2013, 11:47 PM

20,524 posts, read 15,906,907 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WIHS2006 View Post

That'd be the WORST thing that a bunch of crooked cops could do. Word was when the Mob got too uppity in Vegas 50 years ago; the Feds went in and pretty much took it apart. IMHO the Mob in 2013 would rather lay low and avoid trouble with "clean" people; other gangsters, that's a different story.

Old 10-10-2013, 11:49 PM

13,255 posts, read 12,129,807 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by no1brownsfan View Post
Basically the cops who play both sides of the drug war I find to be the lowest of the low! The war on drugs is a failure, and needs to be ended once and for all.

Definitely agree with that. That's pure evil.

Old 10-11-2013, 12:02 AM

56,988 posts, read 35,206,841 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vector1 View Post
The best example which no one has mentioned yet is the Miami River Cops back in the 80's. They were involved in protection, intimidation, evidence tampering, and even murder for drug lords. Heck some even became drug dealers themselves.
Even if you were to look up stories about them, I'd bet dollars to donuts that the primary reason they came about would not be discussed in the mainsteam articles.

The reason it occurred was due to a federal/state program of Affirmative Action. That is right, a crazy scheme to hire minorities at an accelerated rate to meet a quota system put in place. So instead of rejecting the typical applicant with a questionable past or character flaws, they hired any and every applicant based on their race or gender. They even went so far as to hire applicants with past criminal records. Needless to say it didn't take long for these so called police to allow their lack of a moral compass to start committing crime themselves.
Lol... You knew it was coming

White cops invented police corruption in this country.,

Old 10-11-2013, 12:03 AM

6,230 posts, read 6,924,987 times
American citizens fund these cartels with their own drug habits. Hell the cartels don't even need to pay off people, just threaten their families and chop off your head if you don't help out.

Old 10-11-2013, 12:13 AM

16,431 posts, read 22,202,108 times
They control entire national governments.

Decriminalize drugs and take out the profit. That's the only way to end it. It's not a good solution, it's the only solution.

Old 10-11-2013, 01:06 AM

16,603 posts, read 8,615,472 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucario View Post
You're right of course. There were never corrupt white cops, and there was never corruption in police departments before the 1970s.
Quote:
Originally Posted by theunbrainwashed View Post
Well, color me surprised. A RWNJ blaming police corruption on brown and black people . What more of society's ills would we not have if it weren't for ethnic minorities?
Classic apologist excuses, avoiding the ugly truth.

I am not sure what a RWNJ is, but I can only imagine it is a negative acronym for what you perceive as someone with a different point of view than your own.

Sure there have been corrupt cops throughout the history of LE, just as every profession has it's bad apples. However the Miami River Cops were a specific group that I cited as being one of the most corrupt and certainly infamous in LE history. They were all minorities and all were affirmative action hires. Some even had previous criminal histories, yet that was ignored in an effort to meet racial quotas.

So why not address that specific issue of the MRC's rather than dodge and deflect.

`
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies