Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-15-2013, 11:37 AM

185 posts, read 159,741 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
You think these middle east wars are big you aint seen nothing yet. Obama has allowed this all to transpire. He should be iimpeached. At least Biden is an American.

"It also called for an end to the use of the US dollar as the international reserve currency, a step that would ensure the international community could maintain a safe distance from the side-effects of domestic political turmoil in the United States."

Debt Ceiling: China Calls for World to Be 'De-Americanised' - IBTimes UK
Something like this isn't news to those that already recognize the decline of American hegemony for decades; political kabuki theater in DC notwithstanding.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-15-2013, 07:07 PM

3,353 posts, read 6,444,623 times
I'll just say this, we are in trouble as the worlds reserve currency.

Old 10-15-2013, 07:35 PM

18,812 posts, read 8,481,648 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMORE View Post
I'll just say this, we are in trouble as the worlds reserve currency.
When do you suppose we'll slip to number 2?

Old 10-16-2013, 05:03 AM

1,507 posts, read 1,976,229 times
If the damn Republican Tea bagger idiots would get off the lets hold hands and jump off the ledge we could get a deal done. Lets not pretend to deny that Ted Cruze is trying to solidify his base of tea bagging nuts while destroying the country in order to save it. LOL. I say Obama should at the last min, over ride congress and do what they can not by executive order. Screw Congress, never let the tea baggers destroy the nation.

Old 10-16-2013, 05:50 AM

13,163 posts, read 1,704,460 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saxondale351 View Post
If the damn Republican Tea bagger idiots would get off the lets hold hands and jump off the ledge we could get a deal done. Lets not pretend to deny that Ted Cruze is trying to solidify his base of tea bagging nuts while destroying the country in order to save it. LOL. I say Obama should at the last min, over ride congress and do what they can not by executive order. Screw Congress, never let the tea baggers destroy the nation.
The liberals must really be scared of the TEA party...so much venom poured out over them.

We conservatives ought to be just as enraged over Obama and his commie cohorts solidifying his base of uninformed, dumbed down liberals while destroying the country in his goal to fundamentally change it to something none of us would recognize.

"Screw Congress"? It's more like screw the Constitution. That's right in Obama's pocket. Hoping for a job in the administration, are you?

Old 10-16-2013, 09:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plopupondaorgy View Post
At any rate, the American century has passed and the mantle now moves to China and several other nations leading the way. Europe has become the boutique it has always wanted to be and only by concentrating itself into a semi-unified nation will it survive the coming changes. Europe buys a lot of Chinese goods these days too, naturally, as Europeans have fallen for this service-sector decadence just like Americans have. People in both places have become spoilt, more interested in shopping for the sake of consumption than keeping their lives balanced and unsubsidized. Only the weak want to be subsidized, btw, no matter how they dress up their frailties with so much fuss and made-up obligations they have become as children in need of a guardian.
As already said, China is expanding because of the USD right now. And you don't think China, their people and industries are not subsidized?

Old 10-16-2013, 02:26 PM

10,016 posts, read 12,585,178 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
Yep in fact the tea party is fighting against running the debt up any further so this very thing doesn't happen. Obama wants to keep borrowing of course.
He absolutely has to borrow to honour the debts incurred by the freakin GOP when they were in power.
You know, trying to blame Obama for US indebtedness is as smart as blaming the evaporation of water in my pool for a hurricane. It's just way beyond stupidity.

If Obama is the source of the financial problems in the USA then my old, not very environmentally friendly car is responsible for all the pollution in North America. Oh!!! bad example, the RWNJs don't believe in pollution!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 10-16-2013, 02:31 PM

10,216 posts, read 8,123,991 times
Yawn....... China has bigger problems to worry about than the USD.

Old 10-16-2013, 10:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plopupondaorgy View Post
Irrelevant as this is China's and other places' century, not America's. I think that is a good thing and America's further slide into the abyss it wants so badly is a good thing for America too. Don't think they aren't planning for the eventual economic reality that will hit the US hard someday soon.

The American dollar has to be weakened eventually to make room for a globalized currency that is linked to more than one nation, if only for appearances, if only because as much as people like our money they don't much care for Americans nor American influences. Jeans are one thing, dual citizenship thru birth tourism another, but the rest? No. Americans are far too serious these days about nothing they can affect, far too lenient with responsibilities they should own and what an American thinks of the Taliban, other regions feel the same way about homosexuals and fundie Christians and so forth. Not my view, but I'm not everybody tho I can see why they look so untowardly at such ideas. Plus, Americans are snotty and rude even when they aren't aware of being so to those not like them. That sort of haughtiness does get noticed by others.

American's need for mass subsidization in every aspect of their lives from the state is a purposeful development. How else to make newcomers comfortable and the residents already here feeling less 'exceptional' in their own conceit. Plus, there is a lot of money in subsidizing HC, food, rent, non-oil energy sources and the rest. More, there is an aura of control, of necessity to follow the course and jump on the wave that the state mandates. A place like America already understands populism in spades but fails to recognize when that streak is being used to make them more dependent, as with others in regions less advanced or developing, less narcissistic and spoilt. I like the fact that it is happening because for far too long Americans have had a greedy way of hoarding and using others to live highly and they can use the humility that comes with being nothing more than another face in the crowd without the mysterious rogue sentiment that used to go along with the anonymity. All this surveillance might give America its soul back and bring them in line with the rest of the world.

Let China help make and manage a new global currency, hopefully not one so thoroughly ridiculous as the USD has become. I mean, if Europe and most of NA is going to preach about diversity and how race doesn't matter, they should practice their mantra to the fullest and let someone else get in on the action of global manipulation. Anything else is hypocrisy. I like how they have played the Yuan pegged to the USD, I like their sense of industriousness too. It beats lard-assed Americans thinking another hot pocket freebie or another new piece of shiny junk put on the credit card will make them more appreciated as human beings or whatever drivel they have been taught indicates a level of high self-esteem by the commercials and the social workers.
Hardly irrelevant as China will at some point have to unpeg and create more Yuan and more debt to fund their industry, economy and people, and then find ways to spread that money/debt all over the planet. Just as we have done. And as they pursue their own interest, we will continue with ours. China's advance in the world over time does not necessarily imply our withdrawal. A future basket of currencies as world reserves makes a lot of sense.
The Unloved Dollar Standard: From Bretton Woods to the Rise of China: Ronald I. McKinnon: 9780199937004: Amazon.com: Books
Currency Wars: The Making of the Next Global Crisis: James Rickards: 9781591844495: Amazon.com: Books
Exorbitant Privilege: The Rise and Fall of the Dollar and the Future of the International Monetary System: Barry Eichengreen: 9780199753789: Amazon.com: Books

Old 10-16-2013, 11:06 PM

29,407 posts, read 22,021,070 times
No it doesn't if your the US who made the deal with OPEC. You of course would love to see this happen so the US can be taken down a peg. You don't realize what will start WWIII nor do you care. It aint terrorism or anybody trying to grab land it is all about economic power. Obama it seems wants us to bow out so you are safe. We should be in Iran right now if the US cared about our economy. We are doomed though. Good work. It didn't all have to come to this. Obama made it a reality.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies