Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-16-2013, 05:04 AM

24,421 posts, read 23,080,421 times

Advertisements

I would expect now that many Wal Mart's would close their doors if there were EBT shut downs to control theft and looting. Its an insurance issue, they freaked over people getting trampled on Black Fridays and don't like violence of any kind in their stores.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-16-2013, 05:06 AM

3,160 posts, read 4,368,556 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
And Clinton had the option to veto, but he didn't. Funny how you deflect to Booosh while protecting Clinton.

(Well, actually it's not funny at all. It's part and parcel of your philosophy of protecting Democrats and Barack Obama from the travesties that they have bestowed on this nation. We shouldn't be surprised that you'd protect Clinton too.)

keep in mind, slick willie is a sexual predator and seria rapist but democrats worship him like a god...

Old 10-16-2013, 10:46 AM

18,161 posts, read 15,638,146 times
I'm wondering, a brief glitch sets off a looting spree like this, what might happen when the benefits just get cut off, come November? Shut it down, no food allowances, indefinitely? I can see riotous looting sprees in cities across the nation. Literal food riots. Things could get ugly. This is heading toward getting WAY out of hand.

I don't feel I'm being overly concerned, here. The dependent class is not known for rational behavior. Theze people live allotment to allotment, take that away, and that's all the excuse they will need to just go out and take. Smashing storefronts maybe even raiding homes. It will all start over food, then, just like the Rodney King riots, EVERYTHING will be fair game. Don't know bout everyone else, but I'm preparing for the worst. Glad I don't live in a major city.

Old 10-16-2013, 10:51 AM

624 posts, read 940,017 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
So what happens to those EBT "debit" cards that went over their balances ?
I guess taxpayers will pick up the tab for that one.
From what I understand, the negative balances will roll over and be deducted from subsequent months' allotments, just as positive balances roll over to the next month. I wonder if the system was set up to accommodate negative balances, though. If it isn't in the coding, this could be a real mess.

I am on SNAP and would never even think of doing something this unethical. Shame on those people.

Old 10-16-2013, 10:57 AM

624 posts, read 940,017 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NVplumber View Post
I'm wondering, a brief glitch sets off a looting spree like this, what might happen when the benefits just get cut off, come November? Shut it down, no food allowances, indefinitely? I can see riotous looting sprees in cities across the nation. Literal food riots. Things could get ugly. This is heading toward getting WAY out of hand.

I don't feel I'm being overly concerned, here. The dependent class is not known for rational behavior. Theze people live allotment to allotment, take that away, and that's all the excuse they will need to just go out and take. Smashing storefronts maybe even raiding homes. It will all start over food, then, just like the Rodney King riots, EVERYTHING will be fair game. Don't know bout everyone else, but I'm preparing for the worst. Glad I don't live in a major city.
I don't see that happening, necessarily. I guess we'll see.

What kills me is the lack of will to organize properly for formal protest of benefit reductions. Not in Washington, per se, since SNAP recipients generally don't travel much, but at seats of government in their states. Riots only make people look like animals. Organized protests make people look like voters.

Old 10-16-2013, 11:46 AM

18,161 posts, read 15,638,146 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slithytoves View Post
I don't see that happening, necessarily. I guess we'll see.

What kills me is the lack of will to organize properly for formal protest of benefit reductions. Not in Washington, per se, since SNAP recipients generally don't travel much, but at seats of government in their states. Riots only make people look like animals. Organized protests make people look like voters.
A huge number of recipients of SNAP don't even know how our government works, nor do they care. Organizing as a voting bloc to protest? Ummm...I don't think that would compute. More likely is a rage reaction, and a desire to "get theirs" one way or another. We are not talking about educated and thoughtful people here. This is a mob gone wild, waiting to happen. As you said, we will see, and I hope I'm wrong, or better yet, DC quits the games and gets this resolved.

Old 10-16-2013, 12:06 PM

14,483 posts, read 11,289,544 times
All I can say is that this really looks bad. These people have no morals.

Old 10-16-2013, 01:30 PM

2,463 posts, read 2,790,336 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speleothem View Post
So, it's acceptable to steal from those who "can afford it?"
If Walmart is going to make stupid decisions to accept EBT cards regardless of cash balance, yes.

Old 10-16-2013, 01:42 PM

9,141 posts, read 5,807,618 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 9162 View Post
If Walmart is going to make stupid decisions to accept EBT cards regardless of cash balance, yes.
Yes? Really?
You support theft. OK.

Old 10-16-2013, 01:59 PM

4,837 posts, read 4,169,687 times
Interesting that theft/shifty business practice is celebrated or looked over when it's the big banks, wall street, millionaires doing it but when it's some poor black folk then by GOD, PARASITES!!!!!! I don't think you people could be more hypocritical if you tried.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies