Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-15-2013, 09:44 AM

2,083 posts, read 1,621,351 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtc08 View Post
it is human to try and take advantage of a situation to benefit yourself, now the limit to where you will go is where morals and ethics come in.
Humans know the difference between right and wrong. This was theft, pure and simple. You only have to look at the stripped down shelves and the abandoned carts to see that these people were trying to get something for nothing. That is stealing -- there is no gray area in this matter.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-15-2013, 09:48 AM

3,620 posts, read 3,837,396 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vejadu View Post
Humans know the difference between right and wrong. This was theft, pure and simple. You only have to look at the stripped down shelves and the abandoned carts to see that these people were trying to get something for nothing. That is stealing -- there is no gray area in this matter.
can say the same thing about all the movies and music people download illegally, which most people including myself and probably yourself do.

just tired of this fake outrage and these holier than thou grandstanders who say im good, im pure, i never do anything wrong. look at them, they are whats wrong with society while you are downloading a 10 gig version of batman from some torrent site.

just tired of the bs.

we all take advantage of situations, all of us do. im just willing to admit it.

Old 11-15-2013, 03:00 PM

9,141 posts, read 5,806,242 times
Quote:
9/10 of us take advantage like they did if the system was down. we all take advantage of things in our daily life.

i use a handicap vehicle access tag when im perfectly healthy. i park right in front and walk in,have for years.

every one of us does something, just that every one pretends they are high and mighty and never take advantage of any situation.

its just those evil people who do that, not me, im pure.

bs, we all do

That's how thieves and looters think...everybody does it.
I have never parked in a handicapped space in my life and I am not a thief.

Old 11-15-2013, 03:02 PM

20,054 posts, read 18,288,764 times
Quote:

the same people who say they are god reincarnated and never do anything wrong and blame these people at walmart, are the same ones who have 250 gigs of movies and music on there computer.
What a coincidence. That sounds like the setup of a typical EBT cardholder also.

Old 11-15-2013, 03:02 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,519,997 times
Those abandoned carts were NOT full of milk and bread and eggs.
That should tell you the calibre of those that just wanted "a little more than what they had".

Old 11-15-2013, 03:12 PM

7,321 posts, read 6,929,454 times
How did you think Obama got in place, it wasn't honesty ?
He is no different than his voters.

Old 11-15-2013, 04:29 PM

3,620 posts, read 3,837,396 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by summers73 View Post
What a coincidence. That sounds like the setup of a typical EBT cardholder also.
sounds like your average adult male.

Old 11-15-2013, 04:53 PM

9,141 posts, read 5,806,242 times
Quote:
sounds like your average adult male.

Does it make you feel better about yourself to believe everybody else is a criminal?

Old 11-15-2013, 04:58 PM

3,997 posts, read 4,145,129 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speleothem View Post
That's how thieves and looters think...everybody does it.
I have never parked in a handicapped space in my life and I am not a thief.
Me neither. Once got home from the grocery and noticed the clerk hadn't charged me for a couple of things. Guessing the scanner didn't catch it?? Didn't matter... I drove back to the store, told the manager, and paid. There is nothing worse than a thief. You need something, ask for it, I'll probably gladly give it to you. Steal it... well.. hell has a special place waiting just for you.

Old 11-15-2013, 05:19 PM

24,561 posts, read 40,296,127 times
Quote:
have never been in that situation.

the same people who say they are god reincarnated and never do anything wrong and blame these people at walmart, are the same ones who have 250 gigs of movies and music on there computer.

im just tired of the bs.

it is human to try and take advantage of a situation to benefit yourself, now the limit to where you will go is where morals and ethics come in.

me parking in a parking spot isnt affecting anyone.
Except for actual handicapped people. People who abuse handicapped spots are scum.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AV8n View Post
Except the truly handicapped person who now has to park somewhere else.
My mother is paralyzed on one side and is legally blind. Dad has a hanger for his car but he only uses handicapped spots if mom is with him...when they're not all being occupied by people like the other poster, that is. My father and I have had to nearly CARRY my mother through parking lots, past cars occupying handicapped spots with NO plate and NO hanger. Makes me sick.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies