Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-16-2013, 10:52 PM

41,110 posts, read 25,745,785 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zelva View Post
I don't think this sort of thing happened during the first 'great' depression. Hum.....
But then again, there weren't EBT cards.
There was work for welfare programs. I started a thread about it but because included the words "work for welfare" it was ignored.

Federal Emergency Relief Administration was the name given by the Roosevelt Administration to the Emergency Relief Administration (ERA) which President Herbert Hoover had created in 1932. The main goal was alleviating household unemployment by creating new unskilled jobs in local and state government. Jobs were more expensive than direct cash payments (called "the dole"), but were psychologically more beneficial to the unemployed, who wanted any sort of job, for self-esteem. The CWA created construction jobs, mainly improving or constructing buildings and bridges.

The left says we need to improve our infrastructure. So instead demanding more money from the tax payer, instead of giving money away and paying other welfare subsidies make them productive part of society and make them work on the roads and bridges. I can hear the screeching now.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-16-2013, 10:53 PM

41,110 posts, read 25,745,785 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fitzy24 View Post
Oh come on... we pay for these types at least we could watch the comedy and get a good laugh as they steal to eat.

Old 10-17-2013, 06:22 AM

33,016 posts, read 27,469,142 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
There was work for welfare programs. I started a thread about it but because included the words "work for welfare" it was ignored.

Federal Emergency Relief Administration was the name given by the Roosevelt Administration to the Emergency Relief Administration (ERA) which President Herbert Hoover had created in 1932. The main goal was alleviating household unemployment by creating new unskilled jobs in local and state government. Jobs were more expensive than direct cash payments (called "the dole"), but were psychologically more beneficial to the unemployed, who wanted any sort of job, for self-esteem. The CWA created construction jobs, mainly improving or constructing buildings and bridges.

The left says we need to improve our infrastructure. So instead demanding more money from the tax payer, instead of giving money away and paying other welfare subsidies make them productive part of society and make them work on the roads and bridges. I can hear the screeching now.

People want money for nothing and chicks* for free.

* But not Chick-fil-A

Old 10-17-2013, 02:08 PM

2,463 posts, read 2,789,918 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by northnut View Post
Interesting that theft/shifty business practice is celebrated or looked over when it's the big banks, wall street, millionaires doing it but when it's some poor black folk then by GOD, PARASITES!!!!!! I don't think you people could be more hypocritical if you tried.
Not to mention, that the greed of billionaires is actually celebrated by middle class republicans to boot. The celebrate the greed of big oil, after all they have every right to gouge Americans! And they shouldn't have to pay any more taxes than any member of the middle class!

Old 10-21-2013, 04:31 AM

20,948 posts, read 19,057,820 times
An "honor system" only works when the people have "honor".

Old 10-21-2013, 05:27 AM

16,956 posts, read 16,760,894 times
Here it is...EBT

Before you shop, check your last receipt to find out how much money is in your account, or call 1-888-328-2666 for your balance.

http://www.ct.gov/dss/cwp/view.asp?a=2349&q=304628

Old 10-21-2013, 12:49 PM

7,321 posts, read 6,929,454 times
I say again,
The over draft should have been recorded and no more could be drawn till it is paid off ,either by what is normally deposited, or the person the card is issued to, pays it off..

Old 10-21-2013, 01:05 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,509,263 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by arleigh View Post
I say again,
The over draft should have been recorded and no more could be drawn till it is paid off ,either by what is normally deposited, or the person the card is issued to, pays it off..
News site reports said the fed agency returned payments to Walmart as "insufficient funds".
Walmart got theirs back This is now Walmart's loss, not taxpayers.

Old 10-22-2013, 08:13 PM

14,416 posts, read 22,493,467 times
I really want the thieves to get charged back for it though.

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk 4

Old 11-14-2013, 09:53 AM

7,006 posts, read 6,996,400 times
Louisiana Residents Who Milked SNAP Outage May Lose Food Benefits
While Walmart declined to prosecute shoppers who tried to buy carts filled with merchandise that cost far more than the real balances on their cards, the state of Louisiana will not be so gracious. They're pursuing sanctions against people who tried to overspend.

The punishment for people who misuse SNAP cards is losing access to the program for as long as two years.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies