Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-14-2013, 05:10 PM

19,023 posts, read 25,957,812 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by banjomike View Post
You are willing, then, to hand over the House's job to the President? Why is that? After all, the budget is the Constitutional responsibility of the House alone. The President and Senate can only recommend a budget they create, and both have presented possible budgets, time after time, only to see them all rejected by the House.

Its' the old divisions that were built into the Constitution. Our founding fathers never envisioned one branch of government would completely refuse to govern using nothing but extortion and obstruction.
Yeah and they never envisioned a black man as pres, which is why the one side won't budge from wanton spending of what we do not have. Just admit it Obama is getting his way to make the USA the newest 3rd would country.

The rest of the world can see that now. Why are the PC and left so blind? There is nothing liberal at all about the left currently nothing unless insanity is a good thing.

Even if you could raise the debt ceiling do you think there is anyone left we could BORROW from?

I wouldn't lend the left 50 cents at this point. What could I expect as a return? 2 cents on a dollar? Be lucky to get that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-14-2013, 05:15 PM

10,216 posts, read 8,115,191 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alphamale View Post
We conservatives see the country moving further and further from our constitutional roots.
Our constitutional roots? What does that even mean?

We no longer have slavery or a sizable portion of slaves living among us. We no longer are rural, agrarian society but an urban industrialized society. We no longer are a newly formed country with little relative geopolitical and/or military power.

So.... I'm not sure if you are just coming to the conclusion that our society resembles very very little of our "roots" or just don't understand that you can't govern the same way when your society has fundamentally changed.......

Quote:
dummycrats see the successful as being cows to be looted to fund those they see as "needy".

We've come to the point where the "needy" outnumber the productive.
Nah..... that's just something crooked politicians tell their sheep. With higher profits, increased productivity, the private sector has gotten very good at making money while keeping wages flat, jobs low or shipped overseas or replaced by a computer. It's really easy to make the sheep point fingers at each other instead of asking why the wealth isn't trickling down....

Old 10-14-2013, 05:15 PM

9,470 posts, read 6,966,933 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkpunk View Post
So do the far right? What's the difference between the two? Not much. Both sides are full of idealist nut jobs who do not help because they want things their way or the highway.
I don't think you have any idea what "far left" or "far right" or any of the other labled (and mislabeled) governmental philosophies mean.

I am considered "extreme right" by people like you, but all I advocate is that we follow the Constitution, the plain meaning of it.

It is and was well crafted, and the concept behind it is very sound, and it contains the means to modify it if the states feel the need to delegate more powers to the federal government. Or remove some, if need be.

It's reasonable and clear. And very rational.

To call me an 'extremist' is to call the founders "extremists", which is fine, of course. But that's what the King of England said about them, too. So, I think I'm in good company, on very defensible ground.

Old 10-14-2013, 05:22 PM

10,216 posts, read 8,115,191 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pnwmdk View Post
I don't think you have any idea what "far left" or "far right" or any of the other labled (and mislabeled) governmental philosophies mean.

I am considered "extreme right" by people like you, but all I advocate is that we follow the Constitution, the plain meaning of it.

It is and was well crafted, and the concept behind it is very sound, and it contains the means to modify it if the states feel the need to delegate more powers to the federal government. Or remove some, if need be.

It's reasonable and clear. And very rational.

To call me an 'extremist' is to call the founders "extremists", which is fine, of course. But that's what the King of England said about them, too. So, I think I'm in good company, on very defensible ground.
But..... the plain meaning of it leaves it up to the Supreme Court to decide constitutionality...... Not you. It's pretty straight forward. You are extreme right because what YOU really WANT is for the country to follow the constitution to how YOU see fit.

Old 10-14-2013, 05:32 PM

76,975 posts, read 47,604,577 times
This is an golden opportunity for the GOP to propose real common sense cuts, to the big money holes like welfare, military, subsidies etc and they could talk about tax reform, and many other things most people and the WH would agree upon, but they are blowing on bickering about Obamacare, where the savings would be minimal to none. They are acting like sore losers, and the nation sees it. People are sick and tired of these games. It is an opportunity, which is being squandered.

Old 10-14-2013, 06:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dv1033 View Post
But..... the plain meaning of it leaves it up to the Supreme Court to decide constitutionality...... Not you. It's pretty straight forward. You are extreme right because what YOU really WANT is for the country to follow the constitution to how YOU see fit.
No, it does not.

Show me where it says "the Supreme court shall, in all cases, decide what this Constitution means".

NOWHERE does it say that.

It delegates its meaning TO NOBODY. It stands, as it is written, as its own standard.

I defy you to provide ANY argument that says that the Constitution created 3 branches of government, and gave 1 of them the power to decide what it wanted the others to do and how. It did not. It said the federal government will have a court system, and the supreme court will be the highest court, above which there is no legal power. It also gave the Congress the power to write the law. And, it gave the states the power to modify the Constitution, to FORCE the SCOTUS and even the Congress to do what they wanted, if need be. That's why you'll find that there's more than one means of introducing amendments. It was never intended that ANY branch of government could obstruct the states or people from the plain meaning of the law that it is inferior to.

Old 10-14-2013, 06:08 PM

30,251 posts, read 23,723,072 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slithytoves View Post
One thing most all of us have in common is a general and growing frustration with gridlock and ineffectiveness in our government.

Why do you think this seems to be polarizing us further as opposed to pushing us more towards the center?

I'm not naive...I have my own thoughts, but would like to hear yours.
It gives people a feeling of control when they feel so out of control. We can't just waltz up to our Congress critters, or the President, and tell them what crap work they are doing, or what piles of horse manure we think they are....and we're mad. Even the ones who think they are getting everything they want, are not happy. If they were, they wouldn't be spending all this time on CD insulting people left and right.

So, we're all unhappy, and we can't just tell Congress, the Pres, or anyone else for that matter, how we feel. Well, we can write a strongly worded letter but we know that it won't be seen by the very person we want to read it. So we take it out on each other...because we have to release somehow...and we actually think that we can change any minds by doing so. It makes us feel as if we have some sort of control. Fact is, I don't think we've had control for awhile.

Old 10-14-2013, 06:10 PM

33,942 posts, read 22,515,133 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rggr View Post
You'll see it here - everybody already has their mind made up who to blame for everything and when it get tough, the blame just gets more intense - and blind.
Quote:
Actually, there's definitive truth. And the left doesn't have it. It rejects facts, reason, logic, and reality.
AND there you have it ~ extremists on the right cannot or are not willing to meet in the middle. There is a small, but loud, contingent of the tea party that simply hates government. How do you compromise with THAT?

Quote:
Originally Posted by alphamale View Post
We conservatives see the country moving further and further from our constitutional roots.

dummycrats see the successful as being cows to be looted to fund those they see as "needy".

We've come to the point where the "needy" outnumber the productive.

Look at what dummycrats did in Walmart over the weekend....."if it's free, it's for me!"
And, I'm sorry, but the level of discourse from the extremist right is much like the above. It's like tryint to debate a third grader. There simply is no common ground.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac_Muz View Post
Yeah and they never envisioned a black man as pres, which is why the one side won't budge from wanton spending of what we do not have. Just admit it Obama is getting his way to make the USA the newest 3rd would country.

The rest of the world can see that now. Why are the PC and left so blind? There is nothing liberal at all about the left currently nothing unless insanity is a good thing.

Even if you could raise the debt ceiling do you think there is anyone left we could BORROW from?

I wouldn't lend the left 50 cents at this point. What could I expect as a return? 2 cents on a dollar? Be lucky to get that.
See my post above. It's like trying to nail jelly to a tree.

Old 10-14-2013, 06:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
AND there you have it ~ extremists on the right cannot or are not willing to meet in the middle. There is a small, but loud, contingent of the tea party that simply hates government. How do you compromise with THAT?
It is unseemly to expect me to compromise my morality. Same with all the TEA Party people.
Everything the Democrats want is immoral.

Quote:
And, I'm sorry, but the level of discourse from the extremist right is much like the above. It's like tryint to debate a third grader. There simply is no common ground.
Of course there's no common ground. A man walks up to you and says "I deserve, and I am taking, a large share of your money and what you have, because I feel like giving it to people I want to benefit. Hand it over or I'll take it by force". There is no common ground to be had with him. There is no moral common ground with the left. It is immoral, totally.

Old 10-14-2013, 06:19 PM

33,942 posts, read 22,515,133 times
Quote:
It is unseemly to expect me to compromise my morality. Same with all the TEA Party people.
Everything the Democrats want is immoral.

Of course there's no common ground. A man walks up to you and says "I deserve, and I am taking, a large share of your money and what you have, because I feel like giving it to people I want to benefit. Hand it over or I'll take it by force". There is no common ground to be had with him. There is no moral common ground with the left. It is immoral, totally.
Why is it then ~ that the conservative right is taking such a hit these days? Because your views are NOT the view of most Americans. Most Americans are NOT extremists and you are. Simple as that

Teabaggers in office should enjoy they time they have had. It's coming to an end.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies