Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-16-2013, 12:44 AM

27,156 posts, read 15,330,669 times

Advertisements

I believe he could be this dangerous.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-16-2013, 12:47 AM

41,110 posts, read 25,750,585 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MOS0311 View Post
Actually we haven't. What we have seen is a minority of ignorant fanatics who are hell bent on attempting to defund Obamacare and willing to destroy the Nation's credit in the process.

The real concearn is that these lunatics believe that it is totally acceptable to hamstring the government anytime they don't get their way.
I'm not worried about Obamacare, it will defund itself.

Old 10-16-2013, 12:49 AM

11,181 posts, read 10,537,988 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 20yrsinBranson View Post
There is more than enough money available to pay the interest on our debts. I do not know the details, but I have heard that it is against the law to default on our debts if the money is available. Perhaps it is (another) impeachable offense if he fails to obey the law.
I know your screen name and have followed your posts, you have contributed much good. Here, on this issue, you're woefully wrong and misinformed on all points.

Old 10-16-2013, 12:54 AM

15,852 posts, read 35,145,620 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by biscuitmom View Post
I know your screen name and have followed your posts, you have contributed much good. Here, on this issue, you're woefully wrong and misinformed on all points.
Serves me right for listening to second hand information. I shall read up on all this tomorrow so that I don't continue to misunderstand the situation.

Thanks for being kind in your reply. I'm never too proud to admit when I am wrong.

20yrsinBranson

Old 10-16-2013, 01:14 AM

2,158 posts, read 1,995,111 times
I think the U.S. should default and actually repudiate most of its debt. Much of the debt is owed to private banking interests that did little more than create the funds out of thin air and then charge the U.S. interest (as well as the principal that cost the bankers nothing to create) on this.
The U.S. needs to abolish the Federal Reserve and revert to the Constitutional mandate of Congress issuing the currency. Private interests should never be in control of a nation's money supply, and that's exactly what the Federal Reserve is.

Old 10-16-2013, 01:31 AM

11,181 posts, read 10,537,988 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 20yrsinBranson View Post
Serves me right for listening to second hand information. I shall read up on all this tomorrow so that I don't continue to misunderstand the situation.

Thanks for being kind in your reply. I'm never too proud to admit when I am wrong.

20yrsinBranson
Well. This. Thank you in return, and I will strive to be as open-minded as you.

Old 10-16-2013, 03:48 AM

11,086 posts, read 8,549,057 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
We have all witnessed the extent Obama and his administration will go to to cause problems for the American people when he does not get his way. It is reported that even though we would be to pay the interest payment, there is a real concern that Obama will purposely not pay the interest payments to make political hay.
This is what happens with a President with Narcissistic Personality Disorder.

Remember what happened when Jim Jones didn't get HIS way??

Old 10-16-2013, 04:37 AM

6,391 posts, read 5,170,222 times
Quote:
We have all witnessed the extent Obama and his administration will go to to cause problems for the American people when he does not get his way. It is reported that even though we would be to pay the interest payment, there is a real concern that Obama will purposely not pay the interest payments to make political hay.
He's stupid. The United States takes in more money in taxes and fees every day, then they payment of our debt and interest is. The absurd idea that we are going to default is nothing more that whining from the fringes.

Old 10-16-2013, 05:11 AM

1,131 posts, read 2,027,388 times
The Democratic strategy is utterly dependent on deficit spending. Push come to shove, Obama will do everything to preserve our ability to continue borrowing. Bond interest and maturing bonds will be paid. Companies that have routine receivables with the Federal Government, however, may find their payments arriving late.

Old 10-16-2013, 05:42 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,659,569 times
Quote:
I have not seen any withnesses, nor reports supporting your claims.

The question: Should be pay the Chinese (as you suggest), as opposed the Americans?

There will be some really tough calls to make when you have $5.00 in your pocket, and $10.00 worth of bills.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies