Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-21-2013, 11:52 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,624,265 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkpunk View Post
The only way they will be voted out is through a primary that IF the person voted for the shutdown, they held accountable for it.

Is this rational thought?
What happens if these people campaigned on getting rid of Obamacare and restoring the Republic at all cost.... and won.
Will they be held accountable and by who?

The Kentucky Kickback, killed Mitch McConnell term as Senate minority leader. He will be primaried.

Old 10-21-2013, 11:57 AM

2,635 posts, read 3,511,513 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ringwise View Post
Cruz is hardly a redneck. In fact, he has close to (and exceeds) the credentials of Obama.

Cruz presses the ideologies of the voters that he was elected to represent. It's what he was elected to do.

Cruz was not responsible for any of that cost. The president and Senate were equally (if not more) responsible, because they a) refused to compromise, and b) spent more money shutting down the govt than it would have cost to keep it open.

Cruz didn't implement the ObamaCare website that is costing billions, and doesn't work at all.
Cruz is the ultimate virus. The damage he has done within the GOP, Obama could only have dreamed of doing from the outside:

1. He effectively gave Obama top cover with the shutdown. All the focus on the shutdown effectively took away news coverage of issues with the ACA rollout. Only now is the news finally starting to catch up.

2. The final compromise was actually more favorable to Democrats than the initial proposal in September (especially on timelines).

3. The impact of the shutdown has now put the Republican control of the House into question. Moderate republicans are especially vulnerable, with primary challengers on the Right. Given previous history, if primary'd out then the Democrats usually win the seat. All they need to gain is 17 seats, at least 40 are in play.

4. The GOP now owns the sequester. Last year they were quick to point out that it was Obama's idea and they were 'forced' to accept it. Now they crowed about keeping it in place.

5. The business community is seriously reconsidering their support. A lot of that $24 billion of economic activity lost due to the shutdown came out of their pockets. Groups like the U.S. Chamber of Commerce have actively stated they will not support Tea Party candidates or groups against establishment candidates. Expect to see funding for Tea Party groups evaporate this year.

Despite all this, Cruz is the hero of the TP. With CR expiring 15 January, he's indicated no change in course. If he succeeds in shutting down the government again, then it will only reinforce everything above. Two shutdowns within a year of elections will reverberate with most voters.

Old 10-21-2013, 11:58 AM

3,620 posts, read 3,836,149 times
the male sarah palin.

Old 10-21-2013, 12:11 PM

4,176 posts, read 4,670,550 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gtc08 View Post
the male sarah palin.
I don't think so. Cruz is more like Michele Bachmann. Crazy, but not stupid.

Old 10-21-2013, 12:14 PM

13,887 posts, read 13,671,534 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimuelojones View Post
I glad he has loyal enthusiastic constituents in Texas...At least he can come home for an ego boost; becasue He isnt getting much love in the rest of the free world.

You don't know how wrong you are.

But then, you never do. And you always are.

Old 10-21-2013, 12:16 PM

47,525 posts, read 69,698,996 times
Ted Cruz is hispanic, it must be why racists don't like him. That's what liberals claim when someone questions Obama in any way.

Old 10-21-2013, 12:18 PM

25,619 posts, read 36,701,448 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
Naturally, these are the people that supported this con artist in the first place. Why is it news that they would not support him still? Although, he has clearly lost support in general.
The smell of fear is thick in the air. LOL....

Old 10-21-2013, 12:23 PM

9,127 posts, read 7,943,324 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Cooper View Post
You don't know how wrong you are.

But then, you never do. And you always are.

I made three statements. Are they all wrong or is one more wrong than the others?

BTW if you think Im consistantly wrong, that is valifdation to me that I'm on the right track. I would be disappointed in myself if I thought like a parrot.

Old 10-21-2013, 12:26 PM

38,936 posts, read 23,897,671 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
Is this rational thought?
What happens if these people campaigned on getting rid of Obamacare and restoring the Republic at all cost.... and won.
Will they be held accountable and by who?
I don't know, their state or district by those affected by it.
As I said, the house is gonna be harder to evict (due to tea party districts.)

Old 10-21-2013, 12:31 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,624,265 times
Only if Obama had made a stand for a principal he was elected to do, while he was a senator......

As we have seen as a senator, Obama says one thing and as a president says something 180º

Please keep Ted as my Senator. Don't beg or provoke him to run for President, he may take you up on it. Then I would not be able to get him back.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies