Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-25-2013, 02:43 PM

39,078 posts, read 51,231,444 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arjay51 View Post
Once again, you continue your lies. Private sectors working on government contracts are government employees. If the government does not pay them to perform specific government derived jobs then they have not job. If your employer takes exception to the way you do your job, you get fired for your performance.

Government = employer.

Even those with your point of view should be able to see that unless they have partaken of to much obamajuice.
Oh my, you really are in the dark about how all this works. In the case of this young woman, if I had to hazard a guess, I would guess that she was an employee of General Dynamics, a publically-traded company that has a contract to train and staff ACA call centers. Her company canned her, not the government.

This is one of several sites. Maybe it will help you get the picture:

General Dynamics to open Utah exchange call center | LifeHealthPro
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-25-2013, 04:09 PM

13,887 posts, read 13,671,534 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arjay51 View Post

In answer to they being forced to keep her when they do not desire to, does this not also apply to forcing this disaster of health care onto those who do not wish to participate? Or does this only apply when disagreeing with The One?

Hypocrisy at its finest.
Very good comparison.

Old 10-25-2013, 04:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
Oh my, you really are in the dark about how all this works. In the case of this young woman, if I had to hazard a guess, I would guess that she was an employee of General Dynamics, a publically-traded company that has a contract to train and staff ACA call centers. Her company canned her, not the government.

This is one of several sites. Maybe it will help you get the picture:

General Dynamics to open Utah exchange call center | LifeHealthPro
It didn't seem to soak in when you were told before, so allow me to repeat: This was not in Utah.

That said, having worked in government contract situations before, I have first hand knowledge that the person who funds the contract is the ultimate boss. The call center is merely a dispersement center. The funds and the rules all come from the entity that funds the job. In this case, that would be the government. The company that runs the call center is merely a middle man, dispersing scripts, guidelines, rules, and paychecks. This gal may not be a Civil Service employee and she may not have a government clearance, but ultimately, she's responsible to the government.

Got it now?

Old 10-25-2013, 04:32 PM

1,922 posts, read 1,745,659 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldhag1 View Post
She was really sweet and extremely pleasent. If I understood it correctly, she is a single mom, I hope if she loses her job over this that Sean Hannity is prepared to help her out. He better, as he went out of his way to make sure she was identifiable. It was a little scary how uninformed and uninterested she was in things that could have a big impact on her life, although at least she didn't vote.
Hillary, Eric Holder, and Kathlen Sebelius haven't been fired... why should an honest and polite call center employee lose her job?

Old 10-25-2013, 04:32 PM

4,373 posts, read 3,228,757 times
One person says "no one likes it" and all of sudden she speaks for everyone?

lol okay.

Old 10-25-2013, 04:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Cooper View Post
It didn't seem to soak in when you were told before, so allow me to repeat: This was not in Utah.

That said, having worked in government contract situations before, I have first hand knowledge that the person who funds the contract is the ultimate boss. The call center is merely a dispersement center. The funds and the rules all come from the entity that funds the job. In this case, that would be the government. The company that runs the call center is merely a middle man, dispersing scripts, guidelines, rules, and paychecks. This gal may not be a Civil Service employee and she may not have a government clearance, but ultimately, she's responsible to the government.

Got it now?
No you said Arizona last time and your remark was as irrelevant as it was this time. I put the link there to help one of your conservative colleagues navigate the confusing concept of government contracts with private firms and to show as clearly as you can to him that these call centers are private affairs run by companies like General Dynamics who do the hiring, firing, training payroll and so on without the government telling them what to do. Distort it how you wish, the woman got canned by her private sector employer not the government. She was not responsible to anyone other than her employer and served at his pleasure. It was their decision - and their right to let her go. You cons jumped all over this before you had the facts and made fools of yourselves (yet again). Let it go now.

Old 10-25-2013, 08:23 PM

Quote:
No you said Arizona last time and your remark was as irrelevant as it was this time. I put the link there to help one of your conservative colleagues navigate the confusing concept of government contracts with private firms and to show as clearly as you can to him that these call centers are private affairs run by companies like General Dynamics who do the hiring, firing, training payroll and so on without the government telling them what to do. Distort it how you wish, the woman got canned by her private sector employer not the government. She was not responsible to anyone other than her employer and served at his pleasure. It was their decision - and their right to let her go. You cons jumped all over this before you had the facts and made fools of yourselves (yet again). Let it go now.
I said Arizona? I have no clue what you're talking about. Prove that I've ever used the word Arizona in any of my posts on this entire fora. I don't believe I have. Certainly not about this story. I did say clear back in the beginning that the call center was in Florida. Nothing was even remotely said by me about Arizona.

So I await your proof.

And by the way, conservatives have not said anything that was not true. Another massive fail on your part. Seems to be a pattern.

Waiting.....................

Old 10-25-2013, 08:29 PM

Quote:
I said Arizona? I have no clue what you're talking about. Prove that I've ever used the word Arizona in any of my posts on this entire fora. I don't believe I have. Certainly not about this story. I did say clear back in the beginning that the call center was in Florida. Nothing was even remotely said by me about Arizona.

So I await your proof.

And by the way, conservatives have not said anything that was not true. Another massive fail on your part. Seems to be a pattern.

Waiting.....................
You said "Phoenix". Same difference. Anyway, once again, that is irrelevant. The point that you heard swooshing over your head was that the call centers are operated by a private firm, General Dynamics. They have them in Phoenix, Sandy, and Tampa FL among other locations. The people who work there are employees of Vangent (a GD company) and the government has no say in their hiring or firing. Get it?

Old 10-25-2013, 08:36 PM

Quote:
You said "Phoenix". Same difference.
I asked you to prove it. You can't. Because I didn't.

I said Panama City FLorida.

Never mind. I won't be able to see your response. Life is far too short to waste this kind of time.

Old 10-25-2013, 08:42 PM

Quote:
I asked you to prove it. You can't. Because I didn't.

I said Panama City FLorida.

Never mind. I won't be able to see your response. Life is far too short to waste this kind of time.
OK. I went back and checked. It wasn't you. It was one of the many conservative clones on the forum. You all sing from the same sheet of music so my error is understandable if unforgivable.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies