Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-28-2013, 12:18 AM

8,091 posts, read 5,909,551 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilovethecommunity View Post
It's better today than it was before. The murder rate was higher in the days where "it used to be nice"
We live in a state of surveillance... and when it comes to prototypes of that phenomenon...there is NYC, and then everybody else.

Murder rates were higher across the board in the 90's because there simply were not cameras ,or people armed with them, in every nook.and cranny.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-28-2013, 12:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CDJD View Post
^ Not to mention, we're talking about New York... you never know who is who in New York. A guy in regular old Levi's could a vacationer, have a commute from Queens, or he could own a view of Central Park. This kid could have been a thief, but also could have been a millionaire's daughter... have you seen the way kids dress these days..? They all wear mostly the same brands, and the brands that are "rich" go unlabeled... Rick Ownes and Target Store sweats aren't discernible to most people.
I doubt a millionaires daughter would be pregnant with her second child, going through nursing school while pregnant..and waiting for a tax return to buy a $2500 handbag.

Sure, anything is possible. But using deductive reasoning....I'd bet my Roth IRA that this chick is hard up.

Old 10-28-2013, 12:26 AM

18,258 posts, read 22,525,235 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hot_Handz View Post
I doubt a millionaires daughter would be pregnant with her second child, going through nursing school while pregnant..and waiting for a tax return to buy a $2500 handbag.

Sure, anything is possible. But using deductive reasoning....I'd bet my Roth IRA that this chick is hard up.
Why do you care? Its not your money?

Old 10-28-2013, 12:28 AM

14,416 posts, read 22,477,117 times
Quote:

But the point is the store clerk's have no way of knowing their customers personal life..or did she wear a sign that said "I'm pregnant and broke"?

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk 4

Old 10-28-2013, 01:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
Why do you care? Its not your money?
If it was EIC money....it kind of is, isn't it?

Old 10-28-2013, 01:09 AM

Location: where people are either too stupid to leave or too stuck to move
3,982 posts, read 6,686,373 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardA View Post
I suspect by the end of the week a whole slew of Black kids will claim discrimination. Why are progressives being so mean to young black mothers buying $2,500 bags? Do they have no conscience?

Another black Barneys shopper accused of credit card fraud after buying $2,500 purse: claim - NY Daily News

Btw is the intent of the earned income tax credit to allow poor people to buy expensive bags?
You're hateful obsession of black people was once funny but now I'm thinking maybe you need help

Old 10-28-2013, 01:30 AM

835 posts, read 1,040,353 times
Quote:
We live in a state of surveillance... and when it comes to prototypes of that phenomenon...there is NYC, and then everybody else.

Murder rates were higher across the board in the 90's because there simply were not cameras ,or people armed with them, in every nook.and cranny.
So you're confirming that today's Canrsie is safer than the old Canrsie, right? Murders and other crimes are lower than they were in the days where it "used to be nice".

Or are you only saying that it's a dump because of the change in demographics?

Old 10-28-2013, 01:36 AM

Quote:
So you're confirming that today's Canrsie is safer than the old Canrsie, right? Murders and other crimes are lower than they were in the days where it "used to be nice".

Or are you only saying that it's a dump because of the change in demographics?
It's a dump because of the lack of neighborhood upkeep. And yes, in addition to demographics...I'd say it is much less family oriented

Any other swings you wish to take?

Old 10-28-2013, 02:22 AM

835 posts, read 1,040,353 times
Quote:
It's a dump because of the lack of neighborhood upkeep. And yes, in addition to demographics...I'd say it is much less family oriented

Any other swings you wish to take?
It was more family oriented when the crime was higher?

Old 10-28-2013, 02:35 AM

Quote:
It was more family oriented when the crime was higher?
Actually yes, it was a nicer neighborhood. Again, you cannot cherry pick ONE selection of data and say "this is what makes a neighborhood bad"...there are many other non-aggressive or passive-aggressive factors which make neighborhoods undesirable to live in.

Upper East Side Sees Increase in Major Crimes This Year - Upper East Side - DNAinfo.com New York

Uh ih...crime is way up on the upper east side...better get your bags packed and move to Canarsie, right? Of course, that isn't happening lollll
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies