Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-30-2013, 07:49 PM

38,707 posts, read 103,258,652 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Little-Acorn View Post
Lying is necessary to get his agenda passed.

If he told people honestly what he intended to do, who would ever vote for him?
He told us during the election campaign that he intended to "fundamentally transform the country." I for one took him at his word.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-30-2013, 07:52 PM

41,110 posts, read 25,768,529 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
Sigh. 62% of bankruptcies were for medical reasons. Of those...75% of those folks had insurance. So yeah he is right. those were people who thought they were insured on a really inexpensive plan.

That didnt REALLY cover them.

That being said....he needs to step up and say "OK yeah a lot of plans went away on this, more then we were expecting, I was wrong when I said X"

Yes I voted for him, no I don't regret it. Get a moderate Republican up and I might vote for him. Huntsmen was good (yes I know you all hated him) and I might have voted for him. Romney was a freaking nightmare.
I just had major surgery and my insurance is very good. They quickly authorized my treatment and I was able to get the care I needed. When the bills started rolling in they were also very quickly paid. But now my insurance policy is being terminated due to Obamacare. I do get a year extension so I won't have to worry about the nightmare of Obamacare until Dec 2014. It was an excellent policy

Obama and the Democrats are lying. Don't believe them.

Old 10-30-2013, 07:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drover View Post
He told us during the election campaign that he intended to "fundamentally transform the country." I for one took him at his word.
It's about the only thing Obama was not lying about.

Old 10-30-2013, 07:56 PM

Frank Pallone D-NJ is calling my insurance lousy, it was a EXCELLENT insurance policy. Because of Obamacare my monthly premiums and deductibles are going up. How about you Obama and Frank pay them for me.

Old 10-30-2013, 07:58 PM

38,496 posts, read 25,846,421 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
Oh so we are talking about insurance now and not healthcare? LOL There is a huge difference. Liberals can't understand that fact. Insurance companies like you though because the unthinkable doesn't happen often and even if it does they try and find a way to get out of paying. Watch the government in action when they have to start paying all these pre plans. Oh wait never mind it's not their money so they don't care.
You on Medicare Chief?

Old 10-30-2013, 08:00 PM

29,407 posts, read 22,028,424 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
You on Medicare Chief?
Are you jojan?

No I work. Unlike you apparently. You seem to know more about medicare than anybody on the forum so I took it that you were neck deep in it. Or oh wait is this the normal liberal speil when they have no argument left they scream that everybody is on medicare who complains about Obamacare? Which is it? Either argument is stupid so take your pick hero.

Old 10-30-2013, 08:07 PM

8,391 posts, read 6,303,147 times
They are bad actors. The new health care law grandfathered in many of these plans that existed before the law.

Yet the administration said to insurers change these policies in specifics ways and those ways were detailed and that plan will be in violation of the law because the insurer is offering the customers worse insurance. This was announced at least in 2010 by the administration.

Now insurers knowing the law decided to change those policies in the very ways that they knew violated the law. It is those companies fault.

The administration is protecting consumers from getting worse health insurance. That is why this whole fake controversy is going no where.

Once it is looked into WHY are these policies being dropped and it is because the insurers are offering worse insurance that violates the law that they have known about for over 3yrs, then where does this fake controversy go? Are people going to insist that consumers get worse insurance in violation of the law?

Old 10-30-2013, 08:07 PM

15,539 posts, read 10,521,878 times
That seems to be the new talking point petch751, our policies suck. We are poor ignorant little fools and they are going to rescue us. The liars.

Old 10-30-2013, 08:09 PM

5,064 posts, read 5,735,265 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
675,00 by your estimation.....every year. year after year. I hope to live to be 80. Thats 54 million people in my lifetime. Those 14 million? The vast majority of them are going to pick a plan and keep going.
And how many of those come from the 14 million? We have no idea. That's the point. This is a fake excuse trying to cover for Obama lying about people being able to keep their insurance.

Old 10-30-2013, 08:14 PM

12,149 posts, read 8,427,366 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brentwoodgirl View Post
Your article says nothing about the people buying private individual policies, which is what Obamacare is getting cancelled.

But using the numbers in your article:

1.5 million bankrupticies

60% from medical bills- 900,000

75% with medical insurance- 675,000

Now we know some of them had insurance through their jobs, the article mentions that. So Obama just screwed up the insurance market for 14,000,000 people to maybe save a small percentage from bankruptcy.

The article also says that the average amount of bills bankrupted by those with insurance is $17,000. That's an amount most people can work through in a few years. Hell, that's the amount many people will face in higher insurance costs, deductibles, and copays through the Obamacare plans.
Most of the cancelled plans are NOT individual plans.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies