Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-01-2013, 11:16 AM

31,074 posts, read 22,086,243 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardA View Post
They're not in a position to work because they're new mothers, no mention of husbands and we are supposed to feed them. Heck no cut them all off.
Husbands? I think the term Baby Daddy was meant for this type of situation. They probably have money coming in from them too, it just can't be disclosed because it would further cut into their Disability and food stamps. Unfortunately the babies will be covered by our ever diminishing supply of tax money available. Additionally, with the every increasing # of Illegals competing for those same resources the traditional American Disability and Welfare user will have to suffer through these cut backs. Unfortunatey, our elderly and other people who rely on disability also have to suffer through this

I know one thing for sure, I would personally lobby to have free Tubal ligation for these girls and or pay for all the birth control pills they could swallow to not encourage another group of multi generation welfare abusers.

Last edited by LS Jaun; 11-01-2013 at 11:37 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-01-2013, 11:17 AM

63,919 posts, read 46,748,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyMack View Post
She should have NO problem feeding her "family" on that amount.

Where are the baby daddies for the one woman that just had a baby and the one that is pregnant?

Maybe they need to go on Maury to DNA test the potential daddies.
If/when the mothers apply for TANF, the state will typically go for child support.

That works when the bio dad is employed and his earnings are subject to garnishment.
It does not work so well when the bio dad is unemployed, working for cash or in prison.

Some of these women have a strong preference to cut all ties with the bio father for a variety of reasons, including but not limited to fear. Others do so to protect the bio dad in hopes he will love them.

Old 11-01-2013, 11:19 AM

872 posts, read 828,115 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamme73 View Post
Look it up yourself.
In other words, you don't have the facts to support your opinion.

Old 11-01-2013, 11:24 AM

8,391 posts, read 6,297,969 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soup Sandwich View Post
What? The government taking less of my own money in the form of a tax break is not a government subsidy. How I manage my lifestyle is irrelevant as long as I'm still paying federal taxes. I don't need to be scrutinized when I'm the one paying into the system. The people that need to be scrutinized are the ones just taking out of the system. You don't turn the water up when you suspect a leaky bathtub. You fix the drain plug.

I DESERVE my own money from my own labor. Every last cent of it. But as a society, we also consider that humanity as a whole deserve a chance at having basic life necessities and something to fall back on when times are tough, and the price we pay for that particular aspect comes in the form of welfare subsidies derived from federal tax dollars. We do not, however, expect to be taken advantage of. Ultimately, we are the ones holding this whole roof up from collapsing on everyone's heads. You start nipping at our heels and saying the ones doing all the work can't take breaks, you might not like what happens when they can no longer support the system.
Oh for crying out loud not this dumb argument.

Ok there is a landlord, that says to tenants if you tend my garden around my property, I will take $100 dollars a month off in rent.

Now the landlord can either wait till the end of the year and right a check for $1200 or the landlord can take the $100 dollars upfront off the monthly rent. Either way, whether the landlord mails a check or not, the landlord is spending $1200.

The federal government works the same way. As tax payers we owe taxes by law. To OWE means the money doesn't belong to you. Ok, this is no semantics, but reality.

The government is owed taxes, if the federal government collected all taxes owed and then mailed out checks based on the various tax deductions, breaks, credits, that is the same thing as the federal government not collecting those taxes in the first place. Either way the government is spending.

455 posts, read 898,620 times
Quote:
I don't hate anyone. I wish conservatives didn't hate poor people, because as Americans I'd like to see us come together to help out one another more, but conservatives hate too many of their fellow Americans for that to occur.
Using the same authority you use to generalize "facts" into existence, I say you hate all Conservatives.
There.
Now you cannot argue against it, because my statement has validated itself in your reality using the same mechanisms you use.

20,300 posts, read 22,224,166 times
Quote:
Yes, the taxpayers pay for all government programs. Is that a revelation for you?
And that is exactly why all these programs need to be held to a high standard of scrutiny. Every Fed program seems to hemorrhage cash and everyone from our elected reps down to the paper shuffler at the bottom seems to feel this is acceptable.
Then you have the various recipients who feel entitled as if they some how earned these pay outs. Your anger should be with anyone and everyone who abuses the system.

775 posts, read 1,259,601 times
Quote:
No, I don't care what you have to say if it is stupid. I don't care if you are poor. Does that mean you can then say what other poor people deserve from the government? That is a stupid way of thinking so of course it is irrelevant to me.

There is no agenda, conservatives hate poor people.

I don't care who you deem to truly need something that is not how we decide who is or isn't legally able to get government benefits.

Do you really think the standard for if someone gets government help should be based on if YOU think they truly deserve it? This is a stupid idea and irrelevant.

I don't care about your estimation of the lives of other people and who you think has lead their lives in such a manner that you deem it ok for them to get help from their own government.

Your personal issues with poor people are your concern.

Our government shouldn't be run based on your personal biases.
Clearly you care. Quite a bit by your numerous emotional charged responses.

We could also say that you hate rich people or people that have worked hard and have a nice nest egg. Doesn't matter what those people think as pong as they work for you, to pay for you.

Old 11-01-2013, 11:27 AM

8,391 posts, read 6,297,969 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by no1brownsfan View Post
No the only spoof in this video is the mockery and a slap in the face towards hardworking taxpayers who pay for those who are of the entitlement mentality! And quite frankly those are the ones who are doing a disservice to those in this country who truly need a safety net.
No, its a spoof, and please stop with taxpayers nonsense.

The food stamp program is 2% of the federal budget, which means if taxpayers are concerned with their tax burden, if we never spent a dime on the food stamp program ever again, their tax burden would be unchanged.

So I don't believe the lie that this is about taxes, because it is not. It is about hatred of poor people.

9,601 posts, read 31,704,817 times
OUTRAGEOUS . . .

Welfare, not just Food Stamps, has created a HORRIFIC Dead-End LIFESTYLE where no one wins.

The fraud is literally OUT OF CONTROL and all forms of welfare need some type of realistic time limit with few, if any, exceptions.

42,732 posts, read 29,884,155 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tassy001 View Post
In other words, you don't have the facts to support your opinion.
Actually, Iamme's assertions are founded on facts. Fraud is a miniscule problem in the food stamp program. And of course, we all wish that it were a non-existent problem in the food stamp program. But even in a recent news story from FOXNEWS, the fact that fraud is not the problem, is acknowledged.

Lawmakers could save millions by targeting food stamp fraud -- will they? | Fox News
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies