Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-05-2013, 01:43 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,193,725 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardA View Post
Yup through high school.
The chess, debate and synchronized swim team don't count.

Old 11-05-2013, 01:45 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,193,725 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SHABAZZ310 View Post
Have you ever been part of a sports team?
Hell no. That's blatantly obvious.

Old 11-05-2013, 01:48 PM

3,620 posts, read 3,835,695 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
The chess, debate and synchronized swim team don't count.
lmao.

Old 11-05-2013, 02:27 PM

15,355 posts, read 12,650,100 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post

This is some sad sh#t for real.
some real sad sh#t...

I have a hard time believing EdwardA is black.. he may have a permanent tan but he has the spine of a Samuel Jackson in Django.

Old 11-05-2013, 02:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardA View Post
First off Im not taking Incognitos side. I think the media blows things way out of proportion and Martin should have defended himself. These incidents should have been handled internally.

Once again he didn't complain about the harassment which occurred months ago. He got mad and stormed out of facility after his teammates got up after he say down to eat with them. There are 53 guys on the team nobody stood up for him. No Black players took up for him. Normally during incidents like this I've witnessed at least one dude will be like lay off the person being tormented. That didn't happen.

Let's be real the average NFL black player has more in common with Incognito than Martin. Martin probably came off odd to them too. So spare me the race solidarity crap, his black brothers stood by while the White guy made his life a living hell.
no.. YOU blew things out of proportion with the liberal media rant... then you smartened up for a minute and actually dug further into the story and realized how stupid you sounded.

Stop trying to make Incognito into more than he is.. he is a bully and an idiot but bullies have a way of getting others to follow out of fear of being the next target.

Martin is different. He just wanted to come in and do his job. None of these guys are his brothers and since Martin was starting there were probably a few "brothers" who wished he would check out so they could get his spot.

You have no idea who tried or didn't try to stick up for him and this is one of the reasons Miami hasn't won jack sh#t since Shula left.

Old 11-05-2013, 02:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hot_Handz View Post
I'm saying...are these consequences perceived? Before you start throwing around the term "extortion" which is a felony offense and can get somebody jail time....you have to have EXPLICIT threats. You can't just say "I know Richie would be mean to me if I didn't give him the money" ...that isn't extortion.
have you read the transcripts?

"I'll kill your family?"

Old 11-05-2013, 02:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hot_Handz View Post
Incognito has a rep as a scumbag, no doubt. But so does Suh...would you take Suh on your squad tomorrow? HELL YES you would!

I don't know if Martin did the "right" thing...so they played a childish prank at a lunch table. Cmon...really? That was the breaking point?
Does Suh threaten and try to injure his own teammates? If so.. then no, I wouldn't want him.

Old 11-05-2013, 02:45 PM

8,091 posts, read 5,910,529 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by diva360 View Post
You were the one that brought up punching in the stomach to deflect my argument, not me. I have never disputed that football is a violent game or that stomach punches could not happen. The game clearly is violent; I merely said that "choking" and "face-punching" are not allowed. Nothing I said undermines that, nor does anything you posted

There may be rites of passage associated with football in the NFL, but given the fact that I work with college-level players all the time, I would probably be in a good situation to assess that what you propose as a fact might be false, and that players, at least at the college level, tend to support their team members no matter what. After all, and this is another fallacy of argument, I'd like you to prove this: you say that "Incognitos [sic] brand of hazing . . . is probably pretty benign . . . or on par . . . with hazing league wide." Got any proof, HotHandz? Remember, it is another fallacy of argument to say that you don't have evidence even though it must be everywhere(!): successful argumentation depends upon evidence. Simply asserting that there is no evidence for whatever reason (other players haven't come forward; no one else has blown a whistle; coming forward would damage their manhood; or whatever) does not constitute proof; by making those assertions, you are trying to prove that something is true by asserting that it can't be falsified. We are all awaiting evidence of unsportsmanlike conduct on a par with Incognito's that would lend truth to your claims.

I'll just add that one of the few reasons that I care about this argument and care about it passionately, outside of my own passion for professional football, is that I love sports and I work very closely with college athletes every semester. I know how hard they work to balance everything successfully, and to a man and a woman, they find Incognito's behavior disgusting. We actually talked about it in class yesterday as it was pertinent to what we were discussing. While there were mixed reactions to how Martin handled the situation, everyone hated Incognito's actions. And, hothandz, if you think I teach a big batch of coddled babies, I would challenge you to come down and meet them, as that is not the case at all.
Rich Gannon recalls ugly hazing incident with Raiders

Alleged Hazing Incident Sidelines Cleeland - Los Angeles Times

Garrett says hazing part of NFL culture | Dallas Cowboys | Latest news and video on the Dalla...

There are a few testimonies from ex-players....one guy says it's part of the culture.

As to Incognito, you clearly refuse to acknowledge context in your incessant attempts at strawmanning. I, very clearly, stated Incognitos hazing is "probably" on par with the rest of the league.

It was never explicitly stated as fact...therefore...I do not have to substantiate it with anything but logic. And my logic being that this would have been a total non-issue had Martin not broke down. So, to think that this is an anomaly...when you have several accounts offrom ex players and current stating it's a culture in the NFL...is kind of naive.

The media has sunk their meathooks in and the sensationalism is going to run it's course.

Old 11-05-2013, 02:48 PM

48,502 posts, read 96,848,488 times
The league has long tolerated thugs like this guy and Sui but now they will have to deal with it and the damage it does to their brand.this guys history is now coming out as well as coaches who passed on him because of it.It seesm once this guy came out complaining there is a line of those who line up to complain its been a problem for long time.

Old 11-05-2013, 03:08 PM

8,091 posts, read 5,910,529 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Feltdesigner View Post
have you read the transcripts?

"I'll kill your family?"
Lol...I'm sorry but I just find that funny.

Like, if I was Martin....how can you take a line like that serious?

Will Ferrell murders a family - YouTube

Even Martin tried to throw ice water on the situation by saying "don't believe everything you read in the news"...Maybe the dude stormed out because he felt he paid his dues enough already and just got frustrated. Whatever the case may be....there were examples of hazing where players were physically injured and the game moves on....this is being dramatized....I'm sorry.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies