Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-05-2013, 07:59 AM

7,474 posts, read 22,898,486 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardA View Post
Extortion? Oh brother.
EdwardA, you are way off the rails on this one, I suggest you quit while you're behind. You're only making a fool of yourself sticking up for that white trash. Richie has a history and his career is over. He will never play pro football anywhere again. Standing behind him puts you in a very bad light..

Old 11-05-2013, 08:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
You must be thinking of a different sports league.

Johnathan Martin was a second Round pick in the NFL draft,his contract is worth more than 4 million a year.
That four mil is not for one year, it for 5..! The NFL doesn't allow players to get the big payday until after year three.... YOU must be thinking of a different sport..!!

Old 11-05-2013, 08:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
mixed up contracts, i was reading Incongnito's. The point is, Martin was making decent money. (this discussion was off subject), not 500,000 as claimed.
500,000 wasn't claimed, just guessed at, and it wasn't far off...

Old 11-05-2013, 08:09 AM

1,027 posts, read 1,380,536 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilt11 View Post
Good point. This wasn't bullying and to say it is, is ridiculous. I hate the media more and more every year.
what would you call it then? Harrassment? Is this just a game of semantics? Harassment and bullying are the same thing. Incognito is a beast and became famous afte knocking a bouncer out cold at a Miami night club. I love how hot hands and tilt11 are acting like they would "put his head through a locker" if it was them in Martins place. You guys would run faster to the authorities for protection than I could say the word wussy.

Old 11-05-2013, 08:10 AM

14,917 posts, read 13,117,788 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hot_Handz View Post
I don't have an issue with Martins.reaction. He should have stuffed Incignitos head through a locker. Or....leave the sport.
Yeah, sure you don't have a problem with it. Didn't you, just a few posts ago, decry his reaction by saying that it shows he's a pu**y who isn't man enough to live?

And no, Martin should not respond by physically assaulting the man harassing him. Two wrongs don't make a right.

Old 11-05-2013, 08:10 AM

56,988 posts, read 35,255,869 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardA View Post
Evidently some execs said they would take Incignito before Martin. Moot anyway because Incognitos playing days are done.
What does that have to do with anything? This isn't about football talent. Not even close to what the real issue is.

This is about a guy that doesn't fit in. He's bookish, fragile and socially awkward. He's not naturally "one of the guys." He grew up sheltered, and doesn't know how to handle confrontation. Moreover, he perceives his tormentor to be a guy that seemingly has the backing of his teammates and management seeing as how he's a veteran that sits on the Leadership Committee of the team.

But somehow in your mind, instead of realizing that your teammate is different from the rest of the team and perhaps helping him fit in better, it's ok to pick on the guy and harass him to the point that he can't take it any longer? Attack him with racial slurs, and make his life hell. That's your style, huh?

Amazing. Simply unbelievable.

I've always thought that you're supposed to look out for people that aren't quite as strong as you or others might be. Especially if they're your teammate.

And again, you just couldn't wait to take the side of a white guy over a black guy...even though the white guy is a known thug that got ran off of two D-1 programs, was considered to be a DND (do not draft) by damn near every draft investigative service, run off the Rams, and is considered to be an incorrigible dirty player and totally without character. SMH

I can only imagine the thread you would've started had Incognito been black with the same background. Oh yeah...that would've been a doozy. Especially once you'd found out that he sent the guy threatening voicemail loaded with racial slurs and had extorted the guy for thousands of dollars for dinners and a Vegas trip. You and your "why do the blacks" crew would've had a field day.

This is some sad sh#t for real.

Old 11-05-2013, 08:11 AM

Quote:
I can't stand Richie Incognito...he is a very unathletic overachiever who gets by on scummy and dirty play...

That being said....I'd totally want him on my team.

That sums up the argument here. The food chain.
You can now have him on your team, because he will never play another down for any other NFL team. His career is over...

Old 11-05-2013, 08:11 AM

8,091 posts, read 5,919,450 times
if Richie Incognitos career is OVER...that will be the biggest social travesty in probably all of sports... EVER.

If Richie Incgonito is blackballed from the sport....it will set an awful precedent. Especially when you consider...

Ray Lewis PAID his way out of a murder charge...where he was at the very least an accomplice...only to become a hero because he is great at football.

Dez Bryant beats his own mother...only to get disregarded.

Chris Henry (R.I.P) date rapes a MINOR only to get a contract extension.

Bam Morris gets caught with 6 pounds of marijuana and reports to training camp like it never happened... only to get caught, again, later with 200 pounds of weed.

Dontae Stallworth.....KILLED a man with his car....WELCOME BACK!

Leonard Little??? See Dontae Stallworth...

I bet if Rae Carruth was paroled Goodell would reinstate him.

And this is just a FRACTION of the examples...you can find so many more. And college too....

Lawrence Phillips anybody?? I wonder if I threw my girlfriend down a flight of stairs if I would be allowed to play in a National Bowl game.

Old 11-05-2013, 08:15 AM

I find it interesting how the sides have changed. What a different climate between politics and sports.. I'm siding with all those I'm usually battling against in here. The guys I hate when discussing politics are now my buddies... and vice versa.

Old 11-05-2013, 08:15 AM

14,917 posts, read 13,117,788 times
Quote:
The point is that football is a violent and aggressive sport and lots of dirty and nasty things happen in the game ESPECIALLY in the trenches
And what does this have to do with the thread? We're not talking about actions taking place in the heat of the game. We're talking about a co-worker harassing, threatening, extorting, etc a guy outside of the workplace.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies