Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-05-2013, 06:09 AM

4,586 posts, read 5,615,133 times

Advertisements

So I just had to stop at my Publix for a minute, and the guys at check out were talking about how someone complained about the Christmas stuff they put out, and how now they can't hang Christmas decorations anymore unless they get approval from "Corporate"!!! WHAT????

I mean really? people have nothing better to complain about?

At my kids school this poor kid couldn't decorate a pumpkin because the "parents don't believe in holidays"? WTH!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-05-2013, 06:21 AM

641 posts, read 1,021,540 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhotoProIP View Post
So I just had to stop at my Publix for a minute, and the guys at check out were talking about how someone complained about the Christmas stuff they put out, and how now they can't hang Christmas decorations anymore unless they get approval from "Corporate"!!! WHAT????

I mean really? people have nothing better to complain about?

At my kids school this poor kid couldn't decorate a pumpkin because the "parents don't believe in holidays"? WTH!!!
Oh yea, this is a nationawide PANDEMIC. Just because some people dont believe in our NATIONAL holidays, we ae no longer allowed to Celebrate CHRISTmas... This is how they destroy you from the inside out. Starts with attacking your culture.

Old 11-05-2013, 06:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red3311 View Post
Oh yea, this is a nationawide PANDEMIC. Just because some people dont believe in our NATIONAL holidays, we ae no longer allowed to Celebrate CHRISTmas... This is how they destroy you from the inside out. Starts with attacking your culture.
This is ridiculously rude. These are MINORITY sects!

I already emailed Publix about it.

Last edited by PhotoProIP; 11-05-2013 at 07:08 AM..

Old 11-05-2013, 07:17 AM

7,126 posts, read 8,658,886 times
Yes the is the new "PC" form of inclusion...don't want to offend non-Christians by heaven forbid wishing them Merry Christmas...so have to say Happy Holiday...so next eliminate the holiday altogether...we won't need terrorists to destroy us from the outside...we will do it to ourselves from within...

Old 11-05-2013, 07:23 AM

2,826 posts, read 3,994,360 times
Welcome to Liberal America, where Christmas and jungle gyms are illegal.

Old 11-05-2013, 07:31 AM

6,617 posts, read 5,014,844 times
These are private businesses you are talking about, no one is coming to your house and telling you not to celebrate this holiday or that holiday, so no one is destroying anything, simply businesses who feel like they rather not alienate a section of their customer base, albeit a small one, strictly a business decision. I don't understand the outrage if you want to see Christmas decorations (btw 2 months before Christmas), then go a different store or hang them up in your house, your church, your cubicle, why are you upset that this one place doesn't have them which they probably will eventually anyway.

Old 11-05-2013, 07:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DUNNDFRNT View Post
These are private businesses you are talking about, no one is coming to your house and telling you not to celebrate this holiday or that holiday, so no one is destroying anything, simply businesses who feel like they rather not alienate a section of their customer base, albeit a small one, strictly a business decision. I don't understand the outrage if you want to see Christmas decorations (btw 2 months before Christmas), then go a different store or hang them up in your house, your church, your cubicle, why are you upset that this one place doesn't have them which they probably will eventually anyway.
Does Publix only cater to liberals? or whomever these sects are? Nope; they are a service business catering to everyone! Everyone from every race, religion, and corner of the world shops there. To alienate a HUGE portion of your customers because some idiot had a bad day and decided that Xmas is not an appropriate holiday to celebrate anymore is a really bad business decision. A discriminatory one for that matter.

Old 11-05-2013, 08:03 AM

1,798 posts, read 3,023,417 times
At least Publix doesn't torture their employees with the same repetitive christmas songs for nearly two months. Hearing little Michael Jackson, "Yeah yeah, I did see santa claus" made me glad he OD'd.

Old 11-05-2013, 08:05 AM

3,177 posts, read 6,829,130 times
Well, then I guess they shouldn't be selling any Christmas-related merchandise, right?

Old 11-05-2013, 08:05 AM

2,826 posts, read 3,994,360 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhotoProIP View Post
Does Publix only cater to liberals? or whomever these sects are? Nope; they are a service business catering to everyone! Everyone from every race, religion, and corner of the world shops there. To alienate a HUGE portion of your customers because some idiot had a bad day and decided that Xmas is not an appropriate holiday to celebrate anymore is a really bad business decision. A discriminatory one for that matter.
You mean CHRISTMAS?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies