Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-11-2013, 02:09 PM

6,957 posts, read 8,494,901 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tassy001 View Post
Agreed. FancyFeast's version of the South is far-fetched.
Not really! If you've ever been to a Wal-Mart in the South, you've find many of the customers who not only have "magnetic personalities", they have "gravitational attraction" as well! Some of those obese ladies riding around on the electric shopping carts have about the same gross weight as a Toyota Corolla!

Old 11-11-2013, 02:10 PM

872 posts, read 828,115 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lionsgators View Post
you just claimed that the south was made up of fat white gun toting camo wearing conservatives. I guess that's what they call love in whatever state you live in.
Nope, that's what the twisted Left calls love.

Old 11-11-2013, 02:11 PM

8,560 posts, read 6,409,029 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lionsgators View Post
you just claimed that the south was made up of fat white gun toting camo wearing conservatives. I guess that's what they call love in whatever state you live in.
It's called reality.

Old 11-11-2013, 02:12 PM

6,073 posts, read 4,753,297 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FancyFeast5000 View Post
rotfl. Thank you, thank you, thank you. I do, in fact, live in the South, and as I said I've lived almost my entire life in the South, and I am very pleased that you think otherwise. Amazing that all the bigotry and racism didn't/hasn't "rubbed" off on me! I was born in North Carolina, but no longer live in that part of the South, but still in the South. That's why I'm familiar with so many bigots and how they behave, at all social levels.
so you are familiar with all of those gun toting fat rednecks in NC, but you apparently never saw the fat black diabetics in greenville, greensboro, hillsboro, durham, wilmington, elizabeth city, fayette-nam, hickory, etc. all of those fat white gun toting rednecks voted for obama in 2008. you should move up to the northeast where they simply don't allow blacks. now the italians and the irish? that's another issue.

Old 11-11-2013, 02:12 PM

4,837 posts, read 4,168,316 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerLily24 View Post
This, in a nutshell.

I think that people absolutely should make good food choices and should be given the tools to do so. Imagine the outcry, however, if the government were to start sending people en masse to nutrition classes. I expect that it would be something akin to the silliness about FEMA camps.
Just more liberal indoctrination.

Fast food, junk food, etc. are very expensive in the long run but the fact remains that when people are suffering from food insecurity, those types of foods are almost always going to be the first things that they reach for be it for reward, instant feelings of fullness, whatever.
Until that food insecurity is relieved people will continue to make poor choices. And it does nothing for the cause to stomp one's feet and whine about the long reach of government when people attempt to do just that.
All that does is prove that people really couldn't care less about anything other than their own narrow agenda.
I was driving thru a not so great part of town like last year & Burger King had a billboard touting "Feed a Family of 4 For $15.00$!" I was just so grossed out by that.

Old 11-11-2013, 02:13 PM

23,838 posts, read 23,131,520 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
I think the OP is missing the point of the article, poor nutrition and obesity are a huge problem in this country (no pun intended.)
Oh, I didn't miss the point. Not even close. It appears that in fact it is YOU who missed the point....which is liberal ideology leading to a net drag on society through government handouts. You folks OWN this woman and her problems. The sad part is that you actually embrace these problems instead of seeking to fix them.......all because you want a vote from these leeches.

Old 11-11-2013, 02:16 PM

6,073 posts, read 4,753,297 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by northnut View Post
I was driving thru a not so great part of town like last year & Burger King had a billboard touting "Feed a Family of 4 For $15.00$!" I was just so grossed out by that.
what were you grossed out by? burger king, or the parasite that saw the ad and thought it was a good dinner option? I could feed a family of 4 for 2 days for $15. healthy meals too.

872 posts, read 828,115 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FancyFeast5000 View Post
It's called reality.
Only if somone on the Left says it.... if someone on the right says it... it's racism.

8,560 posts, read 6,409,029 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tassy001 View Post
I don't need my eyesight checked.....and I could care less what you think about where I live.
Then why do you keep posting about me?

4,837 posts, read 4,168,316 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
Oh, I didn't miss the point. Not even close. It appears that in fact it is YOU who missed the point....which is liberal ideology leading to a net drag on society through government handouts. You folks OWN this woman and her problems. The sad part is that you actually embrace these problems instead of seeking to fix them.......all because you want a vote from these leeches.
LOL, your "thinking" process is so *$$ backwards it's hilarious. And what's even better is, you don't even realize it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.