Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-14-2013, 11:59 AM

13,255 posts, read 12,131,938 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hnsq View Post
It accomplished something in my city - they cause several million dollars in damages to public parks.
Your industry caused several Trillions of dollars of loss to the entire country.

Call it a wash.

Last edited by Gtownoe; 11-14-2013 at 12:11 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-14-2013, 12:05 PM

23,561 posts, read 17,237,701 times
Unless the 'rich' put their cash in mason jards and bury them in the backyard, their investments keeps businesses and the economy growing.

The age old strategy of the class division myth perpetrated by those who want to take power are stuck in the dark age when wealthy did hoard their jewels in treasure chests and towers.

Old 11-14-2013, 12:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kracer View Post
Unless the 'rich' put their cash in mason jards and bury them in the backyard, their investments keeps businesses and the economy growing.

The age old strategy of the class division myth perpetrated by those who want to take power are stuck in the dark age when wealthy did hoard their jewels in treasure chests and towers.
Ummm, no.

That's not how things work.

I can give you an explanation in a bit why its better for the overall Economy if there are more spenders (Middle Income and Lower Income brackets with disposable income).

Old 11-14-2013, 12:15 PM

9,855 posts, read 15,208,847 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gtownoe View Post
Your industry caused several Trillions of dollars of loss to the entire country.

Call it a wash.
When did that happen? I know my industry caused millions of people to have enough money to retire comfortably, but I am sure you are more than OK with ignoring that fact.

Old 11-14-2013, 12:16 PM

20,462 posts, read 12,387,859 times
Quote:
It accomplished something in my city - they cause several million dollars in damages to public parks.
and they pooped on some police cars! dont for get the poop!

Old 11-14-2013, 12:33 PM

Quote:
When did that happen? I know my industry caused millions of people to have enough money to retire comfortably, but I am sure you are more than OK with ignoring that fact.
Please.

My roommate lost nearly half of his savings after the Financial meltdown.

I also fail to see how it helps to unlawfully kick millions of homeowners out of their home.

The Finance industry is currently one of the most corrupt. I lump you guys in with the Police and politicians.

Old 11-14-2013, 12:46 PM

9,855 posts, read 15,208,847 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gtownoe View Post
Please.

My roommate lost nearly half of his savings after the Financial meltdown.

I also fail to see how it helps to unlawfully kick millions of homeowners out of their home.

The Finance industry is currently one of the most corrupt. I lump you guys in with the Police and politicians.
Why were homeowners buying homes that they couldn't afford in the first place? It isn't a credit card company's fault if you put more on it than you can afford. Home purchases were the exact same way. No one was unlawfully kicked out of their home. If you can't pay your mortgage, it is 100% lawful to kick you out. You don't own your home until the mortgage is paid off. Until then, it belongs to the bank.

Also, I am sure you won't hear your roommate complaining about the excessive returns gained during the 70's-90's. Complaining about the downside risk while being OK with the upside is more than a little hypocritical. Also, if your roommate doubled down in equity after the crash (like any sane person did), he would have been more than OK.

Given how hypocritical and ignorant of finance and economics you are, it doesn't surprise me that you feel the way you do.

Old 11-14-2013, 12:51 PM

8,483 posts, read 6,935,208 times
Quote:
Why were homeowners buying homes that they couldn't afford in the first place? It isn't a credit card company's fault if you put more on it than you can afford. Home purchases were the exact same way. No one was unlawfully kicked out of their home. If you can't pay your mortgage, it is 100% lawful to kick you out. You don't own your home until the mortgage is paid off. Until then, it belongs to the bank.

Also, I am sure you won't hear your roommate complaining about the excessive returns gained during the 70's-90's. Complaining about the downside risk while being OK with the upside is more than a little hypocritical. Also, if your roommate doubled down in equity after the crash (like any sane person did), he would have been more than OK.

Given how hypocritical and ignorant of finance and economics you are, it doesn't surprise me that you feel the way you do.
This is a very topical and biased argument, basically amounting to a poor spin.

Old 11-14-2013, 12:54 PM

Quote:

Gtown

As many times as I've brought this up, your still using the same tired argument.

The Huffington Post reported. Nearly a third of foreclosed borrowers, or 1.2 million, in 2009 and 2010 were fighting off foreclosure even though they never defaulted on their loans or were otherwise in good standing under bank-approved plans.

1 in 3 Foreclosures Have Bank Errors to Blame | AOL Real Estate

My roommate is in his early 30's. I'm pretty sure he could care less about the 80's and 90's. He's not "dumb" because he lost out during the crash. Millions of Americans lost out. In fact, he's one of the smartest people I know and I'd put his resume up against yours any day of the week.

And for me, I'm so hypocritical and ignorant that Wall St. hired me

As usual, the lies and half truths are debunked.

Old 11-14-2013, 12:57 PM

872 posts, read 828,264 times
Quote:

Agreed. Just because a bank tells says, you have been approved for a loan up to 400k, does not always mean you can afford a 400k home.

I know there were some people who lost their jobs and lost their homes.....I am not talking about that.

If you purchased a home with no money down for an amount you knew was going to be a struggle to pay.....and have an ARM loan.......that's what I am talking about.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies