Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-23-2013, 06:11 PM

2,158 posts, read 1,999,380 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by adiosToreador View Post
I don't watch television.

I'm not denying the United States is in deep sh*t. What I am saying is that the United States will be fine well after Ron Paul is gone.

What is he doing that's holding us together exactly?
He wasn't holding you together. He was the guy who could have righted things and got you on a course to solvency and getting back to basics constitution-wise. You have no hope with the clown in the White House now and would have had no hope with Romney either. They represent the status quo.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-23-2013, 07:28 PM

29,636 posts, read 16,648,854 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patton360 View Post
What could he do as one of 435 votes?
So in other words, you agree that you were wrong.

Old 11-23-2013, 07:45 PM

7,713 posts, read 4,768,548 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
? What exactly did Ron Paul do while in congress that he would be so greatly missed ?
You're right again that Ron Paul didn't accomplish much in Congress. Congress is like an organized crime family, it's only strength is in it's numbers. Paul was honest, ethical, followed the Constitution, looked out for his constituents & didn't take lobbyist money, so it's no shocker that the Democrats & Republicans would work against him right? The Progressives/Conservatives couldn't chance an honest man jeopardizing the rackets they have running against the people.

One of my favorite moments was when Ron Paul voted "No" to spending $30,000 taxpayer dollars on a Congressional Medal of Honor for Rosa Parks. The Progressives went to the mattresses to paint Ron Paul as a racist for being the only "No" vote. As is usually the case, the answer is more profound than status quo followers are capable or willing to see. Paul challenged Congress, that if they wanted to give Rosa Parks a medal that they should pay for it personally. He pulled out $100 as the first donation towards Rosa Parks' medal. Not one other Congressman thought it was worthy of contributing their own money.

The story sums up why Ron Paul couldn't get things passed through Congress. Because of the low-IQ Congressmen the D's & R's push through, not because he personally was ineffectual.

Old 11-23-2013, 07:46 PM

2,158 posts, read 1,999,380 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
So in other words, you agree that you were wrong.
Wrong about what? Can you ever come back with something other than a trite one-liner that is irrelevant to anything that was discussed?

Old 11-23-2013, 08:32 PM

78,862 posts, read 46,787,593 times
The original question was, would Ron Paul lie to you like Barack Obama has.

I say No.
Obama has set a high goal to reach.

Old 11-23-2013, 08:53 PM

17,823 posts, read 23,514,771 times
After reading his daughter a bed time story the little girl asked her father "Do all fairy-tales begin with 'Once upon a time…' and end with '…and they lived happily ever after?'" The father replied "No, some fairy-tales begin with 'If elected I promise…' and end with '…for the sake of our children.'"

Old 11-23-2013, 09:01 PM

78,862 posts, read 46,787,593 times
Who would you trust with your life?
Ron Paul
or
Barack Obama

Old 11-24-2013, 02:30 AM

4,373 posts, read 3,237,447 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
Ron Paul
or
Barack Obama
Neither since both are politicians and politicians lie.

Old 11-24-2013, 04:20 AM

143 posts, read 122,572 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
Ron Paul
or
Barack Obama
Absolutely neither, because both will do what is politically advantageous to them. Don't be naive to think that Ron Paul spent all those years in Congress without practicing some shrewd political games any less than Obama. Both are charlatans of different stripes. One sells their supporters on the fantasy of a limitless cornucopia of things from the government largess without consequence, while the other sells the fantasy that in the absence of government power that there will not be an even more obtrusive power to fill the void. There is no such thing as unfettered liberty or freedom. The laws of man and/or nature will always restrict freedom. Fantasy spinners the both of them. But if you set politics aside, in a practical sense, yes, I would trust Ron Paul with my life more than Barack Obama because at least he has medical training. Barack Obama could just refer me to a website...

Old 11-24-2013, 06:23 AM

79,908 posts, read 44,380,376 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by adiosToreador View Post
You're the one made the positive assertion that Ron Paul always tells the truth.
No, you can't even be truthful here. I never made any such accusation. The question was whether or not Paul would have lied to us like Obama has. I think by the way this thread has went that the answer to that is clearly no, but it was your accusation that all politicians lie and you were asked to back up that accusation with a Paul lie. You seem to be unable to. Don't make your failings about me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies