Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-27-2013, 12:47 PM

23,838 posts, read 23,190,446 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-Rob123 View Post
The strange part to me is that while no issue can ever be straight down the middle of conservative - right wing, or liberal-left wing, it does seem like most people who are opposed to gun regulation are on the conservative right. Those are the same people who usually (again, usually) talk about their Christian morals. If this holds true then I certainly would not worry about about "People on both sides of the law enforcement divide might die..." since the last thing a follower of Christ would do is attempt to kill or even hurt another person for doing the job that their boss assigned them to do.
So I wouldn't worry about that

Unless of course the group you are referencing when you say "We were right, and.."I Told you So" aren't anything more than a bunch of hypocrites
Stupid post. Infinitely stupid.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-27-2013, 12:50 PM

23,824 posts, read 24,201,561 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmqueen View Post
Once again, peaceful, America-loving gun owners show their true colors ...
What are you talking about?

If you're going to converse, it's immensely helpful to everyone involved if you would make some sense. Incoherent babbling only wastes everyone's time.

Old 11-27-2013, 12:53 PM

1,111 posts, read 1,328,457 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
Stupid post. Infinitely stupid.
In what way? Please educate me

Quote:
jmqueen was clearly referencing the part where "gun lover" claims that there may be violent reactions to this. Try and keep up.

Old 11-27-2013, 01:08 PM

23,838 posts, read 23,190,446 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by T-Rob123 View Post
In what way? Please educate me

jmqueen was clearly referencing the part where "gun lover" claims that there may be violent reactions to this. Try and keep up.
To assert that Christians have no right to use firearms in a manner that they see fit (lest the be hypocrites), including during any attempt to confiscate those firearms, simply because they are Christians shows just how fundamentally disingenuous your brand of liberalism really is.

Old 11-27-2013, 01:10 PM

23,677 posts, read 17,369,328 times
NY City, not NY state.

Even so, the law has created criminals out of law abiding citizens and does absolutely nothing to make people safer. This is clearly a step to ban ownership of firearms.

Too bad the criminals will fail to comply and the pin points of gun violence will still cluster despite the 'law'.

Wait until the first horor story of some guy without so much as a traffic ticket gets charged and ends up in prison. That scenario is equivalent to being in Dante's 10th circle of hell or the joy of a Soviet gulag.

Old 11-27-2013, 01:16 PM

57,404 posts, read 26,420,071 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gunlover View Post

New York’s SAFE Act is a bad, bad thing. It requires people to register, sell or transfer (out of state) “assault rifles†and “high capacity†magazines. Many Empire State gun and standard capacity ammunition magazine owners have complied. Many have not. So, at some point, the State’s gonna go get ‘em. People on both sides of the law enforcement divide might die and the s will hit the fan. Meanwhile, there it is: the reason why expanded background checks, indeed all background checks and any type of registration, set the stage for confiscation. And tyranny.

This goes to show how the Civilian Disarmament Complex never stops, and is never to be compromised with.

Once again, We were right, and we will say "I Told You So".
That is a NY City regulation that you quoted and has been on the book for years, their regulations are more restrictive than the SAFE Act which applies to all of NY State. This is not confiscation, there is no uprising and no one had taken issue before.

References to this big standoff coming are threats from immature people who let guns govern every waking moment of their lives, more sensible people see the that this is a simple regulation and move on with their lives.

Old 11-27-2013, 01:17 PM

1,111 posts, read 1,328,457 times
Quote:
To assert that Christians have no right to use firearms in a manner that they see fit (lest the be hypocrites), including during any attempt to confiscate those firearms, simply because they are Christians shows just how fundamentally disingenuous your brand of liberalism really is.
So when I say that a true Christian would never pull out a gun and shoot a police officer who's simply doing the task he was sent out to do, your argument is that the fact that the person claims to be a Christian would have no bearing on whether or not he would be fine with killing a person?

Talk about fundamentally disingenuous

Old 11-27-2013, 01:21 PM

34,289 posts, read 19,455,837 times
Whats fascinating is that it doesn't exempt police officers. And yet the governor has specifically said that police officers are exempt.

Bloomberg apparently supported the act heavily.

LOL....some firearm manufacturers have refused to sell weapons to the NY police departments since it would be technically illegal to do so.

MANY of the counties have refused to implement or support the law, and it is currently being opposed in court.

Overall...this was a hasty response to the sandy shootings, and is a horrible idea.

I suspect a lot of people will be prepping weapons for long term storage, and burying them.

Old 11-27-2013, 01:27 PM

5,563 posts, read 4,277,058 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by swagger View Post

If you're going to converse, it's immensely helpful to everyone involved if you would make some sense. Incoherent babbling only wastes everyone's time.
It's pretty simple. The post above mine, promising violence. Hardly the first time on this board, of course.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dub dub II View Post
Wow, should be fun to watch.

"You can have my gun when you pry it from my cold, dead hands..."

Time to prove it.

Old 11-27-2013, 01:32 PM

23,824 posts, read 24,201,561 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmqueen View Post
It's pretty simple. The post above mine, promising violence. Hardly the first time on this board, of course.
LOL!

I guess your sarcasm meter is broken, unless it's just overpowered by your frothy gun grabbing ultra-liberal ideological never-surrender "I must always be right" way that you tend to have about things.

Regardless, you were wrong. Again. As usual.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies