Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-28-2013, 04:08 AM

30,419 posts, read 20,300,389 times

Advertisements

"It is axiomatic that a president who screws over half the population of the country in the most personal way cannot be regarded tenderly by history. By in effect imposing a massive tax increase disguised as health insurance cost increases, after promising that health care costs would go down, he risks what I have dubbed the Obamacare Recession hitting the country hard next year. Families are going to have cut spending on all sorts of discretionary purchases, and restaurants, hard goods producers, housing, and almost all other sectors of the economy are going to be hit hard"
Read more: Blog: Common Core third grade book goes full Dear Leader on Obama

There can be no doubt that the above will prove to be true. When the government demands so much more of your personal income (with you getting nothing in return) the effect it will have on the economy is obvious.

Fewer dollars in circulation to buy goods and services. We will all be hurting. And, the Democrats cannot call it the Bush recession any longer. They own it entirely.

The rest of the above linked article will make you just as sick.

Last edited by nononsenseguy; 11-28-2013 at 04:20 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-28-2013, 04:59 AM

10,834 posts, read 14,931,891 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
"It is axiomatic that a president who screws over half the population of the country in the most personal way cannot be regarded tenderly by history. By in effect imposing a massive tax increase disguised as health insurance cost increases, after promising that health care costs would go down, he risks what I have dubbed the Obamacare Recession hitting the country hard next year. Families are going to have cut spending on all sorts of discretionary purchases, and restaurants, hard goods producers, housing, and almost all other sectors of the economy are going to be hit hard"
Read more: Blog: Common Core third grade book goes full Dear Leader on Obama

There can be no doubt that the above will prove to be true. When the government demands so much more of your personal income (with you getting nothing in return) the effect it will have on the economy is obvious.

Fewer dollars in circulation to buy goods and services. We will all be hurting. And, the Democrats cannot call it the Bush recession any longer. They own it entirely.

The rest of the above linked article will make you just as sick.

What gets me is the American people have been so dumbed down they'd elect Obama for a third term if they could.

So that is what passes for education in America today? Wow, just wow.

Old 11-28-2013, 05:31 AM
bUU

12,074 posts, read 10,702,808 times
ECHO Echo echo echo....

Beyond that ... There were eight recessions in the second half of the 20th Century. There have been two recessions in the 21st Century so far, one starting in 2001 and the other starting in 2007. That means we're due for six more over the next 37 years, and that the next one is statistically due within the next five years. "Predicting" something practically destined to happen is silly.

Old 11-28-2013, 05:34 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,608,641 times
My wife is in the process of trying to sell her flowershop business.
During recessions(2001 & 2007-2010) it takes a big hit and I have to finance it through my other businesses.

I have retooled my business to a specific market(high end) and not trying to get everyone to bite, by working off low price & volume.
I learned that during recessions, my business drops in specific markets but stays steady in the highend market place.

Old 11-28-2013, 05:45 AM

22,974 posts, read 27,003,525 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
My wife is in the process of trying to sell her flowershop business.
During recessions(2001 & 2007-2010) it takes a big hit and I have to finance it through my other businesses.

I have retooled my business to a specific market(high end) and not trying to get everyone to bite, by working off low price & volume.
I learned that during recessions, my business drops in specific markets but stays steady in the highend market place.
Unless and until such a time as Obama and friends realize their dreams of draining every last penny from your high end customers through taxes,fees and surcharges.
Shame on YOU for depending on the "evil rich" to run and grow your business. You should be put up for a public flogging at the least!
Who are the "evil rich"? Well, anyone who has more than the person with less of course... Silly!

Old 11-28-2013, 05:48 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,460,154 times
With interest rates near 0% and the Fed pumping $80 billion a month into the system the US has no tools to deal with another recession and it would hit us full force.

The Fed has already mentioned this concern in one of their meetings.

Old 11-28-2013, 06:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimj View Post
Unless and until such a time as Obama and friends realize their dreams of draining every last penny from your high end customers through taxes,fees and surcharges.
Shame on YOU for depending on the "evil rich" to run and grow your business. You should be put up for a public flogging at the least!
Who are the "evil rich"? Well, anyone who has more than the person with less of course... Silly!

I have to say, I have never been hired by a poor person.

Old 11-28-2013, 06:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
With interest rates near 0% and the Fed pumping $80 billion a month into the system the US has no tools to deal with another recession and it would hit us full force.

Obamacare, new regulations and restrictions, none of that will do as much damage to us as the two things you've mentioned.
This constant QE is killing us slowly but surely. Let's see how happy everyone is when the music stops and everyone has to find a seat.

Old 11-28-2013, 06:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
I have to say, I have never been hired by a poor person.
True enough! But,but,but you're part of the prooooobbbblllllem! Catering to the "rich" and not shunning them.
(you do realize I've been in sarcasm mode right?)

Old 11-28-2013, 06:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post

Ron Paul is right. The entire system has to hit bottom, without artificial bandaids, propping it up.

Only then will the ship right itself. The money bubble has been created since the fed was formed and really accelerated when it took over the world monetary system.

A morgan dollar, still buys the same amount of goods as it did the day it was minted.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies