Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-02-2013, 06:19 PM

4,130 posts, read 4,462,953 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by barkomatic View Post
I believe that I responded to your post in a respectful way so I'm not sure why you are so angry.

Anyway, my point in bringing up Israel is that its possible for a country to hide nukes. That's all.

I agree the OP is indeed assuming that Japan has nukes simply because it makes sense to him--that's not a confirmation that they do of course. I'm just saying its possible that the U.S. may have sneaked some nukes to Japan considering the obvious strategic advantage--but its unlikely since if China ever found out there would be a big mess.
Sorry, said as nice as possible belief in silly things isn't respected. There is no anger behind that, just facts.

If pointing out your silly beliefs seems like rage and disrespect, the best thing is to stop believing in them. If stating facts back to you of elementary school principals that people should only believe what they can have evidence for, instead of anything that flies their way, is a huge horror...that's your problem and not mine. Simple statements again, don't go reading frothing rage into them again.

Respect is earned, and not for things easily debunked by what can be learned in 5th grade science classes.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-03-2013, 06:31 AM

1,871 posts, read 4,268,149 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EmeraldCityWanderer View Post
Sorry, said as nice as possible belief in silly things isn't respected. There is no anger behind that, just facts.

If pointing out your silly beliefs seems like rage and disrespect, the best thing is to stop believing in them. If stating facts back to you of elementary school principals that people should only believe what they can have evidence for, instead of anything that flies their way, is a huge horror...that's your problem and not mine. Simple statements again, don't go reading frothing rage into them again.

Respect is earned, and not for things easily debunked by what can be learned in 5th grade science classes.
Your name calling and poor grammar don't add credibility to your arguments. They make you seem immature and frivolous. If you want people to take you seriously, you need to be more measured in your responses.

Old 12-03-2013, 08:34 AM

78,433 posts, read 60,640,522 times
FYI- The advantage of having nukes in the modern era is as a deterrent. It does you no good to have them, keep them silent and then use them to retaliate when you are a glowing husk....or to use them when a conventional war starts and then essentially guarantee a nuclear exchange.

As such, having "secret nukes" makes absolutely zero sense.

Additionally, they have treaties with the US and if push came to shove I'd guess Japan could make a nuke in less than a year and have delivery systems.

Old 12-03-2013, 12:28 PM

6,104 posts, read 5,993,815 times
Japan is one of a number of nations that has the knowledge, the resources and the nuclear infrastructure (Uranium enrichment, nuclear fuel reprosessing, indigenous nuclear and fast nuclear reactors and supercomputers capable of optimizing the design of an advanced thermonuclear weapon) to make military nuclear weapons. Japan is one of the world's largest stockpiles of Pu recovered from spent nuclear fuel. So Japan has all it needs to go nuclear at any time.

As for gettting the weapons on target Japan builds its own missiles including one new solid fueled rocket similar in scale to the US Minuteman 1. Japan does make Fighter Bombers like the F-15J made by Mitsubishi and is a partner in the F-35 program so it manufactures major structures for this plane as well. Japan is also testing and building drones .

Other nations in the region that can build nuclear weapons if they chose to include South Korea, Taiwan and Australia.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies