Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-14-2013, 08:58 AM

Location: Georgia, on the Florida line, right above Tallahassee
10,471 posts, read 15,837,011 times

Advertisements

Yeah, that just looks ridiculous on its face. Getting tired of people saying "HATE LIAR OBAMA."
You voted him in. He's the best liar that was available. At least his lies were consistent.

They all lie. That's what they do. That's what all politicians do. People seem to think that it is a new thing. That's what makes me crack up. "Oh, this one is telling the truth." OK. Enjoy your unwillingness to accept that they all lie.

Anyone that thinks a politician tells the truth all the time is an idiot. Go back 40 years. No president has ever told the whole truth.

Old 12-14-2013, 09:09 AM

3,463 posts, read 5,662,507 times
The issue I have with Obama, as one who did get suckered, we knew we weren't getting a 60's Bobby Kennedy type democrat, but we really did believe there might be something behind the "Hope/Change" mantra. Not only was there no "Change", Obama has turned out to be as republican as Nixon, McConnell or any of the current FOX/Rush party. While the Obamacare stuff is getting all the press, its the other things that aren't getting press that make him so reprehensible. The anti-american trade agreements. Not following through on promises made to the middle class, forgetting about all the environmental issue he spoke of pre-election~ One lie and broken promise after another. The Revenge of Cheney Part III.
The reason Obama is failing now is not because of repub obstructionism, everybody expects them to be a factor, it because his core is leaving him en masse. He squandered a golden opportunity to put the final nail in the coffin of nu-feudalist republicanism, and instead of letting the hammer dropped, he ran to them with his tail between his legs, so now they live on to possibly win another election another day.

Old 12-14-2013, 09:11 AM

12,270 posts, read 11,333,807 times
Nah, that's hockeypucks. Everything Obama said to push the ACA through was a lie. You can play the equivalency game all you want, but no president has so directly betrayed the trust of the American people. You can see it in the polls and the way the Democrats dumped the nuclear option. They need to pack the courts with liberal appointees to save Obamacare after the public dumps the Dems in 2014.

Old 12-14-2013, 09:18 AM

15,047 posts, read 8,876,449 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dockside View Post
Nah, that's hockeypucks. Everything Obama said to push the ACA through was a lie. You can play the equivalency game all you want, but no president has so directly betrayed the trust of the American people.
GWB lied us into a war that cost many thousands of American soldiers their lives, cost many, many more their limbs and their health, and squandered billions of our dollars. Talk about betraying the trust of the American people. Sorry, but nothing in the last five years compares.

I find it amusing that people look to any politician to be a paragon of truthfulness. Those of you who do are really, really naive.

Old 12-14-2013, 09:25 AM

17,440 posts, read 9,273,672 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 70Ford View Post
Getting tired of people saying "HATE LIAR OBAMA."
You voted him in. He's the best liar that was available. At least his lies were consistent.
I haven't actually read any "I hate liar Obama", nor have I heard it on TV. I guess that daring to point out his lies equates in the Leftist Followers as "hate". You bring up an excellent point about his "consistent lies" - people had to be aware of those "lies" before the election (both of them actually) and yet they still voted for him. Says a lot about our society today - electing a known liar to the President's office is "cool". It's all razzle-dazzle.

Quote:
They all lie. That's what they do. That's what all politicians do. People seem to think that it is a new thing. That's what makes me crack up. "Oh, this one is telling the truth." OK. Enjoy your unwillingness to accept that they all lie.
Another good point - politicians lie. We should all be aware of that and most probably are aware of that.
On the other hand - Obama is so Arrogant about it. He lies and then when caught, insists he never really said that at all. He has become a joke. He has become the joke that is hurting a lot of people now, and they don't think that's very funny. He should have kept to his lies about Energy, Jobs, his Mother, his relatives, Immigration, spending, cronyism … the list goes on - and stayed away from the Health Insurance of every American citizen.

Oddly enough - I don't think his lies about Health Care/Health Insurance are what has caused the Media to find their spine and actually start doing some Random Acts of Journalism. Obama and Holder made a grave error when they went after the Associated Press writers with phone/email taps and after James Rosen with the same + an secret court order designating Rosen as a Criminal Conspiracist.

Once the press fully understood that none of them were safe from the Obama retribution - they woke up.

26,211 posts, read 19,529,215 times
Wingnuts compare trying to reform healthcare with daily lies about a threat from Saddam Hussein that cost over 4000 American lives, 10 times that many wounded, both physically and mentally, and over 100,000 innocent civilians killed. The stark contrast in what outrages these two groups does the best job in exposing the pathology of the American Wingnut.

What Pres. Obama should have done from the very onset is push his agenda through without an iota of concern whether or not the Teabaggers, wingnuts and racists in the GOP voting bloc liked it or not. They were going to hate him regardless.

He should have been more like Bush, but he stayed in the middle of the road and got ran over by both parties. In the end, he has done little to please either political party.

At least Bush retained a messianic zeal with his true believers, those cheerleaders for the Iraq war.

27,145 posts, read 15,327,118 times
Obama is the here & now.

No behavior from anyone, at any other time, excuses him.

To do otherwise is a child's argument.

Old 12-14-2013, 09:26 AM

6,262 posts, read 5,072,162 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeyJude514 View Post
GWB lied us into a war that cost many thousands of American soldiers their lives, cost many, many more their limbs and their health, and squandered billions of our dollars. Sorry, but nothing in the last five years compares.

I find it amusing that people look to any politician to be a paragon of truthfulness. Those of you who do are really, really naive.
1. He didn't lie us into a war and it is disingenous to keep saying that. Everybody thought there were WMD's and the Dems were chomping at the bit as much as the Repubs to invade Iraq.

2. Obama isn't any better or worse than any other president we've had. They're all lying scum suckers but THIS scum sucker has messed with 1/6th of the economy and will eventually adversely impact hundreds of millions of citizens.

3. Trying to deflect away from Obama's lies by pointing to the fact that other presidents lie as well, is a fools' game. We're not talking about Bush or Clinton of freakin' Kennedy. We're talking about THESE lies from THIS president.

Old 12-14-2013, 09:27 AM

2,419 posts, read 2,989,879 times
I don't think they're naive. It's just the latest angle they're using for their own political purposes. Personally, I don't feel that Obama deserves so much condemnation for "the lie" when the fact of the matter is that it was mostly the insurance companies choice to cancel policies. The government didn't make them cancel policies that were grandfathered in and it didn't make them create new policies that they knew did not comply with the new rules and would have to be cancelled. I find it interesting that the insurance companies are shouldering almost none of the blame when they are the ones manipulating the system. The government, for the most part, didn't prevent people from keeping their insurance, it was the insurance companies themselves who chose to cancel policies and mislead people. Why doesn't anyone blame THEM?

Old 12-14-2013, 09:30 AM

1,179 posts, read 1,553,400 times
No president has ever expected to get away with lying as much as Barack Obama.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies