Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-14-2013, 02:58 PM

10,793 posts, read 13,539,180 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by juneaubound View Post
See bolded above.

1. Better policies for many THOUSANDS? Thousands? Really? There are almost 6 million who have been kicked off their insurance and there will be millions more once the employer mandate kicks in, and I have to ask why you are bragging about better policies for thousands.

2. I can match you random and useless anecodotal story for story.

3. I would advise that you shift your focus from those on the left and Iraq, to those on the left and how Obamacare is affecting them.

Left leaning citizens are bailing on the president and support for Obamacare in droves. For a reason. The law sucks bad and it's going to hurt people, and the blind law does NOT care how the blindly loyal voted in the last election.

Leftist politicians are bailing on Obamacare (and that will include the president sooner than later) because the law sucks bad, they know it, and they will be scrambling to do whatever they need to do to hang on to their jobs next year.

Everyone from the president on down are scurrying like cockroaches in the light. It would be funny if it wasn't so sad.

2014 is coming

Old 12-14-2013, 03:05 PM

768 posts, read 858,141 times
They all lie, but not with that smirky, narcisstic, phony attitude that he has. As for saying untruths....he gets a 10. And, yes, they all have lied, but again, not so blatantly.

Old 12-14-2013, 03:11 PM

41,110 posts, read 25,719,480 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LynnKrause1 View Post
They all lie, but not with that smirky, narcisstic, phony attitude that he has. As for saying untruths....he gets a 10. And, yes, they all have lied, but again, not so blatantly.
Then Obama tried to lie to cover up the Obamacare lie.

This is the biggest example of breakdown of a politician since watergate.

Old 12-14-2013, 03:14 PM

19,893 posts, read 18,436,651 times
That for the most party is very true, not a politician if you don't lie. But when you lie on a regualr level each and every day a new lie. did not know, looking into it, will get back to you in a few days, after i learn the truth. Blah blah blah.

Obama is caught in so many damn lies, i started out in the beginning even though i did not vote for him, wanting to believe in him. But on occasion after occasion after occasion, caught in so many damn lies blame the other guy, that he does on a regualr 24/7 so often.

It is not only that he lies, but his fudgin arrogance to the point, you wish to slap him, not literally but his arrogance in you have to beleive in him, makes some sick. The lies told when he is found out, then another lie is told and his cycle has begun. I don't think he will ever be completely honest and sincere and truthful with us, and that is my right to do so you can beleive, that is your right.

I don't fudging believe that he or the Democrats did not know the full scope of this current health care bill fiasco years ago, they were told the truth. Lie after lie after lie about it, makes me sick. And if i recall each and every democrat voted for this stupid ass bill. Now i have friends finding out the truth about it, democrats and republicians alike.

There premiums and deductibles have gone thru the roof, less coverage tripe the price for most of them, even some younger adults my daughter knows. But less coverage some now have no prescription coverage, this is the **** excuse u me, but it is. What part of you get to keep your current health care provider and your Doctor was true? answer me that, because i know many who will beg to differ with you.

I love my Doctor as does my husband his life has been save twice by his Doctor, we can keep him, but at such a high premium, we will have to put longer hours in working, a ridiculous amount we will have to pay in order to keep our Doctor, i mean the price has skyrocked, and i am not happy about this. How is this fair, when right now, we have great coverage, so much is covered for us, all of a sudden this is not the case, you tell me why.

When you fudgin inject government in every phrase of our life, when they tell us what we can and cannot do, they make the rules, we have a problem. And don't admit it, but this is exactly what we have with Obama.

Old 12-14-2013, 03:48 PM

33,942 posts, read 22,512,088 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by daylux View Post
Wow, logic 101.

Well, Hitler did it. Stalin did it. Mao did it. So what if Obama does it, it's been done people! Dictators and communists control/kill people!

Lying is wrong, but we don't dismiss it on the basis that many other people lie too.
Well, your choice of liars is duly noted. Did you conveniently leave out Reagan, Bush I and II, Clinton, Nixon, and every single President in between?

Of course we dismiss it - it just depends on whether that was the President of our choice.

Old 12-14-2013, 03:52 PM

41,110 posts, read 25,719,480 times
Obama is not only a lier he is a very vindictive man.

Old 12-14-2013, 04:00 PM

7,359 posts, read 5,460,918 times
I find it interesting how a few months ago the story was that Obama wasn't a liar. Now the story is that all politicians lie so it's no big deal. It just makes it blatantly obvious how so many liberals have no principles.

If I defended a politician, saying that he didn't lie and then was proven that he did lie I would back down. I'd say "well my bad I guess he did lie". But these people just switched from "no he didn't lie" to "he lied, so what" without missing a beat.

Liberals, it really ruins your credibility. When you show that you don't care about honesty, it becomes difficult to take anything you say seriously.

Old 12-14-2013, 04:03 PM

33,942 posts, read 22,512,088 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kidkaos2 View Post
I find it interesting how a few months ago the story was that Obama wasn't a liar. Now the story is that all politicians lie so it's no big deal. It just makes it blatantly obvious how so many liberals have no principles.

If I defended a politician, saying that he didn't lie and then was proven that he did lie I would back down. I'd say "well my bad I guess he did lie". But these people just switched from "no he didn't lie" to "he lied, so what" without missing a beat.

Liberals, it really ruins your credibility. When you show that you don't care about honesty, it becomes difficult to take anything you say seriously.
All politicians LIE and that has been my position all along.

Old 12-14-2013, 04:14 PM

11,143 posts, read 10,704,481 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 70Ford View Post
Yeah, that just looks ridiculous on its face. Getting tired of people saying "HATE LIAR OBAMA."
You voted him in. He's the best liar that was available. At least his lies were consistent.

They all lie. That's what they do. That's what all politicians do. People seem to think that it is a new thing. That's what makes me crack up. "Oh, this one is telling the truth." OK. Enjoy your unwillingness to accept that they all lie.

Anyone that thinks a politician tells the truth all the time is an idiot. Go back 40 years. No president has ever told the whole truth.
A good analogy for your argument would be "All children misbehave. There is no reason to hold them accountable for it or discipline them." Try parenting with that mentality and see where it gets you.

Old 12-14-2013, 04:26 PM

19,893 posts, read 18,436,651 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimRom View Post
A good analogy for your argument would be "All children misbehave. There is no reason to hold them accountable for it or discipline them." Try parenting with that mentality and see where it gets you.

That is a very good analogy. If someone is going to misbehave, and yet not be held accountable for the action, not even a slap on the wrist. We have a problem.

Problem is when somone has been caught misbehaving many times over, and caught in such calous blatent lies, and no discipline, how will this person ever learn about what accountability and responsibility means.

Like a child, this person has not been taught anything, except that he or she can get away with such calculating risk. And therefore do this action over and over again.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies