Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-14-2013, 11:18 AM

10,793 posts, read 13,539,180 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ntwrkguy1 View Post
I agree with you 100%.

Obama was so obsessed with his legacy -- to make up for that paper-thin resume of his -- that he lied, and lied big time. His lie affected tens of millions of people directly, and you can make the case that his lie impacted virtually every US household in some way. What was most troubling (and pathetic) about Obama is that he did this with the cover of the media, and the strategic playing of the race card.

Well, as the saying goes, the cat (or rat, in Obama's case) is out of the bag. If his approval rating isn't in the low 30's by the time his pathetic presidency is over, then either the polls are rigged or his supporters are as blind and naive as we believe them to be.

We've only experienced the tip of the iceberg with the Obamacare disaster. 2014 is right around the corner, and you can expect a whole lot of lying to be originating from the Blight House.
I wish I could rep you 10 times....What happens when the people in the media start losing their employer coverage?? That's gonna be interesting.....Will they continue to play guard dogs for Obama or will their eyes be opened to what they have helped happen???

Old 12-14-2013, 11:19 AM

8,016 posts, read 5,853,160 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
This ^^^^

Obama lied his way into office. Everything about Obama is a lie. Obama lied to us and it's going to cost every productive American big. Slugs will continue to support him because they aren't paying for his lie.

Now OP, go cry in your cereal. Your god is a scam.
So true.

Even in that stupid "Dreams From My Father" book -- yeah, that same father who was already married when he began sleeping with 17 year-old Stanley...err, "Ann" Dunham -- there is a preface about how some of the people in the book are "composite characters."

Composite characters? This guy couldn't even get by with lying about events in this book, he had to lie about PEOPLE in this book? And then there was the famous passage about how he told his classmates in HI that his father was a fierce warrior, the leader of all the warriors, in a tribe full of warriors in Kenya. Which might have been okay, except for two things:

1. Obama wasn't in the second grade, he was in high school when he told this fib, which is really pathetic
2. Obama Sr. wasn't a fierce warrior, he was an alcoholic

Honestly, when you look at his COMPLETELY dysfunctional existence from conception to adulthood, I am hardly shocked he does lie. He is far and away the most embarrassing president this country has ever had, from his upbringing to his presidency.

And yet his supporters blindly cling to his every word, defending his lying at every turn, not unlike the followers of Manson or Jones.

Old 12-14-2013, 11:20 AM

58,973 posts, read 27,267,735 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 70Ford View Post
Yeah, that just looks ridiculous on its face. Getting tired of people saying "HATE LIAR OBAMA."
You voted him in. He's the best liar that was available. At least his lies were consistent.

They all lie. That's what they do. That's what all politicians do. People seem to think that it is a new thing. That's what makes me crack up. "Oh, this one is telling the truth." OK. Enjoy your unwillingness to accept that they all lie.

Anyone that thinks a politician tells the truth all the time is an idiot. Go back 40 years. No president has ever told the whole truth.
So, what is your real point?

Today, Obama is President so we talk about him.

Are you suggesting that we DON'T bring up when he lies?

Old 12-14-2013, 11:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
So, what is your real point?

Today, Obama is President so we talk about him.

Are you suggesting that we DON'T bring up when he lies?
They would love that.

Old 12-14-2013, 11:27 AM

41,110 posts, read 25,719,480 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ntwrkguy1 View Post
2. Obama Sr. wasn't a fierce warrior, he was an alcoholic

Honestly, when you look at his COMPLETELY dysfunctional existence from conception to adulthood, I am hardly shocked he does lie. He is far and away the most embarrassing president this country has ever had, from his upbringing to his presidency.

And yet his supporters blindly cling to his every word, defending his lying at every turn, not unlike the followers of Manson or Jones.
So we could have plucked some fatherless child, daddy's too busy throwing another one down, off the street and made him president.

Old 12-14-2013, 11:31 AM

Quote:
So we could have plucked some fatherless child, daddy's too busy throwing another one down, off the street and made him president.
If we did, we wouldn't have Obamacare to deal with!

Old 12-14-2013, 11:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
Wingnuts compare trying to reform healthcare with daily lies about a threat from Saddam Hussein that cost over 4000 American lives, 10 times that many wounded, both physically and mentally, and over 100,000 innocent civilians killed. The stark contrast in what outrages these two groups does the best job in exposing the pathology of the American Wingnut.

What Pres. Obama should have done from the very onset is push his agenda through without an iota of concern whether or not the Teabaggers, wingnuts and racists in the GOP voting bloc liked it or not. They were going to hate him regardless.

He should have been more like Bush, but he stayed in the middle of the road and got ran over by both parties. In the end, he has done little to please either political party.

At least Bush retained a messianic zeal with his true believers, those cheerleaders for the Iraq war.
Perfect example of the loony left.

First, and you have been told this over and over and still repeat the same olg garbage, Bush went onto war withe blessing and saupport of Congress. The dem Senate Majority Leader and the dem House Minority Leaders BOTH co-sponsored the bill giving Bush authority to go into war.

Most top dem leaders voted for the bill. I'd bet you even supported and voted for several of them. sometimes twice yet you NEVER criticize any of them.

Second, Obama, with the help of the dems in Congress, passed a bill to takes over 1/6 of the American economy and will NOT do what it was promised to do WITHOUT 1 single repub in either house voting for it.

It was passed with procedural shenanigans, Dems were bribed to vote in favor.

If you think the Iraq war and ObamaCare can be compared politically the same the same, well, it is no wonder you are a liberal.

Post fail, again.

P.S. Saddam KILLED MORE of his OWN people then the war has, including children.

Last edited by Quick Enough; 12-14-2013 at 11:50 AM..

Old 12-14-2013, 11:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheepie2000 View Post
I don't think they're naive. It's just the latest angle they're using for their own political purposes. Personally, I don't feel that Obama deserves so much condemnation for "the lie" when the fact of the matter is that it was mostly the insurance companies choice to cancel policies. The government didn't make them cancel policies that were grandfathered in and it didn't make them create new policies that they knew did not comply with the new rules and would have to be cancelled. I find it interesting that the insurance companies are shouldering almost none of the blame when they are the ones manipulating the system. The government, for the most part, didn't prevent people from keeping their insurance, it was the insurance companies themselves who chose to cancel policies and mislead people. Why doesn't anyone blame THEM?
"when the fact of the matter is that it was mostly the insurance companies choice to cancel policies. The government didn't make them cancel policies"

Yes the government did.

ALL health care insurance policies, just like auto and home insurance, are for a 1 year period.

ObamaCare MANDATED that ONLY policies that met the ObamaCare requirements CAN BE ISSUED.

The grandfathering clause was modified to make sure NO current policy would comply with the NEW requirements and could NOT be renewed.

Old 12-14-2013, 11:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by citizenkane2 View Post
I wish I could rep you 10 times....What happens when the people in the media start losing their employer coverage?? That's gonna be interesting.....Will they continue to play guard dogs for Obama or will their eyes be opened to what they have helped happen???
That's what's going to be interesting -- when the impact hits home with the same media people who have been giving him this cover, how will they respond? Will they report the truth? Or will they continue to turn a blind eye towards what has happened? How many of them will fear retribution (IRS or otherwise) from one of the most petty and vindictive presidents in history?

Old 12-14-2013, 11:43 AM

Quote:
Honestly, I think we could have gotten better results.

I would sincerely hope that Hollywood doesn't make a miniseries or movie about this idiot's life. It would be a complete work of fiction, because if they told the truth, people would be shocked.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies