Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-14-2013, 09:18 PM

13,221 posts, read 12,316,695 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by surfman View Post
We can only vote for who we are given. I'm glad we had Bush instead of Gore when 911 came down. Kerry would have been one of the worst presidents as we can now see by his handling of Iran.

Sure we're lied to, but it's the level to which we are lied to. Obama has done something no other president has even done. He took control of 17% of the total economy on complete lies and misdirections. It's hardly the equivalent to "I didn't have sex with that woman." He will go down as the most incapable, thin skinned, narcicisstic President in history. I'm not sure the damage he and his crew have created can ever be fixed.

I guess that you missed the biggest point of all. If Bush had not screwed up the economy with an unnecessary war Obama would never had been president in the first place. Another thing why are'nt some of you republicans pissed off at your own party for nominating the Crypt Keeper and some dim witted knucklehead to run against him in the first place? Why was it that no real qualified republican ran during that time? Political suicide thats why. They knew after Bush pretty much ANY democrat would have beaten those jokers. The second time around who did they get? A circus clown car of Herman "Uncle Ruckus" Cain, Newt "Cantkeepawife"Gingrich, Rick" Tight Sweatervest" Santorum, Rick "Camp Racist" Perry and the winner Mitt "My Turn" Romney. So my question is where were the real republicans to fix the financial mess that Bush left in the first place? So now everyone is b/m about Obama and his lies and never once to mentioned the fact that leading republicans vowed to go against anything that he does and this was before he was even in office.

Old 12-14-2013, 09:26 PM

Location: Georgia, on the Florida line, right above Tallahassee
10,471 posts, read 15,829,266 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by simetime View Post
I guess that you missed the biggest point of all. If Bush had not screwed up the economy with an unnecessary war Obama would never had been president in the first place. Another thing why are'nt some of you republicans pissed off at your own party for nominating the Crypt Keeper and some dim witted knucklehead to run against him in the first place? Why was it that no real qualified republican ran during that time? Political suicide thats why. They knew after Bush pretty much ANY democrat would have beaten those jokers. The second time around who did they get? A circus clown car of Herman "Uncle Ruckus" Cain, Newt "Cantkeepawife"Gingrich, Rick" Tight Sweatervest" Santorum, Rick "Camp Racist" Perry and the winner Mitt "My Turn" Romney. So my question is where were the real republicans to fix the financial mess that Bush left in the first place? So now everyone is b/m about Obama and his lies and never once to mentioned the fact that leading republicans vowed to go against anything that he does and this was before he was even in office.
This. The offerings we got to vote for were crap.

I would have voted for McCain. Then he chose Palin, and ... hell no. She was/is an idiot. Then we got the flipper Romney. Hell no. And Ryan, who wants to just suck money from those that don't really have it.

Yeah. Easy choice.

Old 12-14-2013, 09:36 PM

14,888 posts, read 10,031,106 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeyJude514 View Post
[MOD CUT/rude] This country has survived much worse than Obamacare. We'll be paying for Bush's war of choice--both in money and in destroyed lives--for years and years to come. Not a word about that or the damage that caused.
So you overlook and condone lies from Obama because you believe that GWB lied too? Do you realize how stupid that sounds?

Old 12-14-2013, 10:08 PM

15,047 posts, read 8,869,455 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMoreYouKnow View Post
So you overlook and condone lies from Obama because you believe that GWB lied too? Do you realize how stupid that sounds?
Have you read this thread? It's filled with posts of people doing exactly that, only in reverse. But that, of course, YOU condone. Save your phony outrage for yourself.

Old 12-14-2013, 10:12 PM

41,110 posts, read 25,724,715 times
Quote:
Have you read this thread? It's filled with posts of people doing exactly that, only in reverse. But that, of course, YOU condone. Save your phony outrage for yourself.

Old 12-14-2013, 10:15 PM

41,110 posts, read 25,724,715 times
Quote:

Old 12-14-2013, 11:22 PM

32,053 posts, read 15,049,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ntwrkguy1 View Post
So true.

Even in that stupid "Dreams From My Father" book -- yeah, that same father who was already married when he began sleeping with 17 year-old Stanley...err, "Ann" Dunham -- there is a preface about how some of the people in the book are "composite characters."

Composite characters? This guy couldn't even get by with lying about events in this book, he had to lie about PEOPLE in this book? And then there was the famous passage about how he told his classmates in HI that his father was a fierce warrior, the leader of all the warriors, in a tribe full of warriors in Kenya. Which might have been okay, except for two things:

1. Obama wasn't in the second grade, he was in high school when he told this fib, which is really pathetic
2. Obama Sr. wasn't a fierce warrior, he was an alcoholic

Honestly, when you look at his COMPLETELY dysfunctional existence from conception to adulthood, I am hardly shocked he does lie. He is far and away the most embarrassing president this country has ever had, from his upbringing to his presidency.

And yet his supporters blindly cling to his every word, defending his lying at every turn, not unlike the followers of Manson or Jones.
So you read his book? Why would you do that when you hate him so much.

Old 12-15-2013, 06:53 AM

14,416 posts, read 22,477,117 times
I read Swedish papers and they love Obama. Or so it seems. I'm gonna be honest here but I don't watch the news much regarding all this as I find it incredibly boring . I hear from people how much Obama has lied; but how come if that's the case no media other than maybe Fox is reporting on it. Is the media really that biased? You would think they would be all over a story like that.

Old 12-15-2013, 07:02 AM

9,827 posts, read 6,934,095 times
Let me see if I have this straight. Lies by previous presidents whether they be proven or believed to be, excuses the current president. So in the future, if a president who is not in your party lies and is caught in that lie, will it also be excusable? Does that also excuse the lies of former presidents since you are accepting of the lies of this president?

Old 12-15-2013, 07:11 AM

26,211 posts, read 19,513,424 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by simetime View Post
I guess that you missed the biggest point of all. If Bush had not screwed up the economy with an unnecessary war Obama would never had been president in the first place. Another thing why are'nt some of you republicans pissed off at your own party for nominating the Crypt Keeper and some dim witted knucklehead to run against him in the first place? Why was it that no real qualified republican ran during that time?
Quite honestly, there weren't any. And there weren't any in 2012. Which begs the question, who will step up in 2016? The only Republican that gives them a good chance in 2016 is Christie, and he is as hated as Romney was because of his tendency to compromise and work with others.

I think the difference is that Romney was a complete fake, throwing his previous efforts under the bus to please the nutjobs. I don't think Christie will do the same thing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies