Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: What should happen to the Duck Dynasty Star for his statements about Gays?
He should be fired! 2 9.09%
He should be suspended 0 0%
He should be allowed to go back after an apology 1 4.55%
He should be able to state his opinion without fear losing his TV job 19 86.36%
Voters: 22. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-18-2013, 08:34 PM

1,519 posts, read 1,228,628 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
Those that love their sin more than Jesus is the dividing factor. Jesus said from the beginning, to repent from your sin. Homosexuality is a sin. This man is entitled to his belief in Jesus.

The gays are promoting sin through legislation. The Christians have every right to denounce sin if the gays can promote it. The gays hate the words of the bible and love their sin. That is their right. It is also the right for a Christian to have freedom to be a Christian and denounce the sin of homosexuality

Since when has anyone been silenced for promoting homosexuality? Yet the Christians are vilified and silenced for their belief.. so who is the real hater here?
I don't know whether homosexuals hate the words of the bible - they seem to have a strong dislike for those who hide behind the shield of religion to foster discrimination against their fellow citizens. I believe they are righteous in their quest to eradicate inequality.

And yet, no homosexual I have ever heard is out there trying to pass laws that discriminate against Christians. They ought to. After all, what's good for the goose is good for the gander, is it not?

Alas, you see, THEY understand American principles and act accordingly. It is YOU who fails to grasp the idea of equality by clinging to ancient and often outdated doctrine. Here in America, we separate church and state - and that includes YOUR religion.

The term "sin" is purely religious. It has no meaning to many Americans other than the association forced by religion, a meaning that is well known.

The reason you are experiencing vilification and silencing really has more to do with the tide having turned on you on a societal level. Just like it did on other controversial issues from women's rights to civil rights. There were always those who argued that they were fighting the "good fight" but who ended up on the "wrong" end of society's evaluation of their struggle.

Thus, you are not experiencing any laws being passed AGAINST Christians. What you are experiencing is a public backlash against the stance you are taking, a stance that is increasingly unpopular and perceived as being unjust.

You have every right to denounce homosexuality. Members of the KKK have every right to denounce blacks. White supremacists have every right to denounce whoever they happen to hate most at the moment. This is America and thus, this is a right that is granted to all of us, no matter how absurd our opinions are.

Voicing such opinions, quite frequently, comes with consequences, particularly if the opinions being voiced do not enjoy high public regard.

And that is, exactly, where you find yourself. You might think your quest is honorable. The company you keep, however, puts you in a very bad spot.

Last edited by Fuselage; 12-18-2013 at 09:28 PM..

Old 12-18-2013, 08:34 PM

14,888 posts, read 10,045,915 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by daylux View Post
I think his brothers or whoever are on the show need to rally around him and all quit or suspend themselves. Stand on their faith.
How would they even do the show without him? A&E didn't have a choice, they're trying to not get attacked by the rabid left.

Old 12-18-2013, 08:35 PM

904 posts, read 688,253 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMoreYouKnow View Post
I seriously doubt that as well, you don't create, run and own a multimillion dollar corporation and not have legal counsel. These guys were raking in cash and have millions of fans who will stand by them. These guys made more money selling stupid T shirts and blue tea cups than most people can even dream of, they'll be just fine even if A&E doesn't want them on the air.
There's always a Lawyer looking for a gig. Regardless of your current representation.

But your most definitely right.

Old 12-18-2013, 08:37 PM

10,016 posts, read 12,586,643 times
Reality shows just SUCK, period. I think they are a good sign of the dumbing down of the popular culture. Why people watch this crap is just way beyond me.

Old 12-18-2013, 08:43 PM

4,529 posts, read 5,141,109 times
What does homosexuality have to do with bestiality and promiscuity?

Old 12-18-2013, 08:43 PM

18,630 posts, read 19,431,930 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sargentodiaz View Post
Just an aside to anger some - I've never watched the show and have no interest in doing so. Reality TV is absolutely the LAST thing I'll ever watch on TV.

I DO watch Spanish talk shows and no ve las!!!
Never watched it either but the backlash against the backlash is growing. I do watch the First 48 but looks like that is out the window. Won't watch A&E until he is reinstated.

Old 12-18-2013, 08:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikebnllnb View Post
What does homosexuality have to do with bestiality promiscuity?
You'd have to ask God, He made the analogy. Homosexuality is a sin as is promiscuous behavior. Not sure why this is complicated for people to understand.

4,529 posts, read 5,141,109 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
From God's book.. Homosexuality is an abomination. The word of God is the judge.
Nothing but an unfounded belief. Let people live their lives free of judgement and persecution.

2,112 posts, read 2,598,470 times
Just another example of religious ignorance, and people wonder why we atheist continue to grow in number.

Old 12-18-2013, 08:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by daylux View Post
I think his brothers or whoever are on the show need to rally around him and all quit or suspend themselves. Stand on their faith.
That's what I'd do especially considering the family is independently wealthy. I'd also check with the lawyers to see if I can pursue opportunities at other networks.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies