Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-24-2013, 10:21 AM
i7pXFLbhE3gq

n/a posts

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Takkarr View Post
If cashiers stopped greeting people with "Happy Holiday" especially few days prior to Christmas, especially on Christmas Eve, and especially when they know most people are Christians and celebrate the national holiday, and especially for me wearing a visible cross then we would not complain.
Why do you get so worked up about what someone else says?

Why do you feel that everyone should say the one thing you've deemed acceptable?
Quote:
How come in the UK, Australia and elsewhere besides the US/Canada there is no war on Christmas? Please explain.
Because they lack a large enough group of perpetually outraged whiners and crybabies to pull off such a fabrication. Unfortunately, here we have the most popular news network dedicating the entire season to drumming up fake outrage and a seemingly endless number of people who think December is the month to be angry about nothing, instead of the season to celebrate the birth of their savior. The "War on Christmas" exists only in the twisted brains of people who always need something to be unhappy about.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-24-2013, 10:23 AM

82 posts, read 63,561 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by raindrop101 View Post
Does Christmas have so little meaning to you that someone saying "Happy Holidays" or calling a tree something other than a Christmas tree makes a difference?

Perhaps the cashier does not notice your cross? Perhaps the cashier wants to be inclusive of all of her customers rather than inclusive. Perhaps the cashier isn't Christian. Perhaps her boss isn't Christian.

Just say thank you or Merry Christmas back and go on with your celebration. I will never understand why saying something that includes everyone is offensive.
This is plain persecution and war on anything to do with Christianity. So every store I enter who die to sell for Christmas and keep hours opening longer in December are all owned and operated by non-Christians?

My cross is visible! Happy Holiday on Christmas Eve is offensive. Period.

Old 12-24-2013, 10:24 AM

1,026 posts, read 1,193,007 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonF View Post
Unfortunately, here we have the most popular news network dedicating the entire season to drumming up fake outrage and a seemingly endless number of people who think December is the month to be angry about nothing, instead of the season to celebrate the birth of their savior. The "War on Christmas" exists only in the twisted brains of people who always need something to be unhappy about.
Even Fox News knows that it has viewers that are not Christian.

Fox News Airs 'Happy Holidays' Message As Bill O'Reilly Declares Victory In War On Christmas

Old 12-24-2013, 10:24 AM

15,080 posts, read 14,327,358 times
Quote:
Greeks, Assyrians and Syriac Orthodox Churches celebrate Christmas on Dec 25.
Vast majority of Christians and the western world do it tomorrow.
I guess that's why our Eastern Orthodox Greek and Syrian churches are plumb full to bursting in January, and whichever day Easter falls on in the spring.
We need to have the police blocking off roads for the easement of the religious processions, and to shoo along gawkers.

Old 12-24-2013, 10:25 AM

3,393 posts, read 4,012,063 times
I LOVE living in the Midwest. Everybody has said Merry Christmas to us. Restaurant managers, cashiers, co-workers. I feels like I belong to a unified culture. I hate to say it, but in California, it felt lonely, like there were a hundred separate cultures. Here, like I said, it feels unified. There is something warm and welcoming about it.

Now, here's the funny part. I'm not even Christian. I just believe in celebrating Christmas as part of American culture. I celebrate Halloween too, even though I'm not a druid.

Old 12-24-2013, 10:26 AM

4,067 posts, read 2,274,211 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonF View Post
Oh look, yet another thread in which the poor persecuted majority whines that a national holiday, decorations everywhere, and Christmas music being piped into every store are not enough and instead chooses to use one of the two most important days in Christianity as an excuse to be angry and upset that they don't get to totally control the words that come out of everyone's mouths and don't get to completely ignore the other holidays people are also separating.

What sad, spiteful little people they are, taking one of the most joyous days they should have and twisting it into something to be mad about.
Does someone need a hug?

Old 12-24-2013, 10:28 AM

1,026 posts, read 1,193,007 times
Quote:
Happy Holiday on Christmas Eve is offensive. Period.
Well, while you are busy stewing in your anger over being offended, I will enjoy a nice evening at church followed by a lovely dinner with my friends and family. I know what really matters.

Happy Holidays!

Old 12-24-2013, 10:28 AM

46,963 posts, read 25,998,208 times
Quote:
My cross is visible!
It sure is... How did you manage that third nail? That's always the tricky part.

Old 12-24-2013, 10:29 AM

4,067 posts, read 2,274,211 times
Man, it seems like many of you need some hugs!

Old 12-24-2013, 10:29 AM
i7pXFLbhE3gq

n/a posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SandraMoore66 View Post
Does someone need a hug?
Apparently the OP does. Along with a heavy dose of sedatives so they can be calm until the season of outrage has ended.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies