Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-26-2013, 09:04 PM

2,727 posts, read 2,836,450 times

Advertisements

Do you realize how little sense this makes? That's the population, not the hate crime / crime / assault statistics.

Blacks account for 13% of population but responsible for about half the murders....does that mean black people are disproportionally convicted of murder? No, it means they disproportionally commit murder.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Californian34 View Post
do you dispute the fact that if 70+% of America is white and 13% of America is black, that convicting 59% white people of hate crimes, but 23% of black people with hate crimes means that black people are disproportionally convicted of hate crimes?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-26-2013, 09:04 PM

14,917 posts, read 13,112,399 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Packard fan View Post
It'd be real weird if that "Hispanic" was of straight Swedish heritage but was born and raised in LatAm and the "Caucasian" was an Englishman with the last name "Rodriguez". LOL!
And in relation to hate crime prosecution, it wouldn't matter one bit. Such prosecutions punish bias-motivated intent - they have nothing to do with the victim. If the criminal attacked a women he thought was Hispanic because she was Hispanic, I wouldn't matter one lick if she turned out to be a blond haired, blue eyed Swed.

Old 12-26-2013, 09:17 PM

4,911 posts, read 3,433,497 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
Who "investigates those motives and interpretation" ?? I mean cmon. Hate crime laws are just stupid. You don't think a biased prosecutor has never used hate crime law to "stick it" to somebody? It's pure BS. You commit a crime you do the time............this hate crime crap is bogus. Sorry if you don't agree. Folks want to tack on a PC crime for doing a crime. The crime in itself should be enough. Oh I forget liberals aren't happy..............lol. Just unreal
Probably the same people who determine if a murder was premeditated and was done with malice aforethought. Or back in the common law era before we had hate crimes determined if a person who broke into a dwelling house in the night time did so with the intent to commit a felony, which would have made it burglary

Old 12-26-2013, 09:23 PM

2,817 posts, read 3,464,753 times
That cop was off duty, that is not fair. He should have warned the kid that he was a cop prior to seeing the video.
That sounds like something a lawyer would say.

Old 12-26-2013, 09:29 PM

48,502 posts, read 96,909,608 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie53 View Post
I do too.
Me three.

14,917 posts, read 13,112,399 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Torpedos View Post
That cop was off duty, that is not fair. He should have warned the kid that he was a cop prior to seeing the video.
Why should he have done that?

29,407 posts, read 22,026,302 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hammertime33 View Post
Who investigates? Um, that would be the police and prosecutors. And bias motivated intent is very hard to prove - that's why there are so few "hate crime" prosecutions. That said, anytime a prosecutor has such evidence, he pursues the enhancement - as he should. I truly don't understand how anybody could be against these get tough on crime laws (and if somebody were against them, I'd expect it to be a bleeding-heart liberal who thinks it's too harsh of a way to treat criminals).
You can't understand because you are in your world of liberalism. I say how can you NOT understand my comment but I guess that is where we are. PC.........."hate crime".....what? Crime is a crime. I know the PC police think a crime against a certain group is now more "violent" than others but that is pure BS. If you don't think so look up the FBI stats. You could put a "hate crime" on anyone who commits a violent crime......as they must hate the person they are attacking or killing........but some just want to make it a race issue or what have you when it isn't..........and even if it is who cares the law will still put you in jail. So you go bray about "hate crimes". Just unreal is all I can say. World has gone mad.

Old 12-26-2013, 09:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmmjv View Post
Probably the same people who determine if a murder was premeditated and was done with malice aforethought. Or back in the common law era before we had hate crimes determined if a person who broke into a dwelling house in the night time did so with the intent to commit a felony, which would have made it burglary

Hmmmmmmm........so was your burgler back in the day a "hate crime" felon? I guess you don't get it either. Not a shock. Scream on.........

Old 12-26-2013, 09:33 PM

17,823 posts, read 23,469,696 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hammertime33 View Post
Hate crimes aren't "race based...laws." Hate crimes are laws that investigate the motivation and intent of perpetrators.
Hate crime laws are discriminatory in practice. You will notice that ONLY white males are ever charged with a "hate crime." There are thousands of minorities playing this "knockout" game, but the only person being charged with a hate crime is a white male.

Naturally, liberal freaks have no problem with this bigoted double-standard, since that was their intent from the very beginning, to manufacture a law that only white males can be charged with and no one else.

Old 12-26-2013, 09:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 60sfemi View Post
Some of the racist remarks he made on social media were so vile they couldn't be repeated on the news reports. This man was doing this out of hate, no other reason, other than he is a loser, of course. Throw the book at every one of these jerks they catch.
Oh no not on social media. Hey I got an idea..............DON"T READ IT. Unreal you folks are. Posting something on social media is not a hate crime even though you would love it to be. What a bunch of communists minds we have here.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies