Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-30-2013, 11:20 PM

32,084 posts, read 15,085,780 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
A lie right up there with "if you like your health care plan, you can keep it"
You really believe that anyone wants guns banned lol Ok Like I said...paranoid.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-30-2013, 11:23 PM

45,244 posts, read 26,477,444 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
Countless laws continually proposed over decades prove me not paranoid and you disingenuous.

Old 12-31-2013, 12:10 AM

13,933 posts, read 12,905,309 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Think4Yourself View Post
I love how the OP is encouraging people to commit felonies.
I love how you assume that's what I'm doing. They could move, or transfer the gun out of state. Both would be legal options.

That said, if it were me, there is no way I would register it. If I became a felon based on nothing but the fact that someone signed a piece of paper that puts a new law in to effect, so be it.

Old 12-31-2013, 12:26 AM

13,933 posts, read 12,905,309 times
Quote:
Oh good grief, no one wants to ban guns. They just want them registered. Stop being so paranoid lol
Quote:

Shocking Hot-Mic Gun Comments From New Jersey Senate: 'CONFISCATE, CONFISCATE, CONFISCATE' - YouTube

Dianne Feinstein "Mr & Mrs America turn them all in" - YouTube

https://www.govtrack.us/congress/bills/113/s150

{ no one is going to fall for your false promises that no one wants to ban guns }

Old 12-31-2013, 07:12 AM

18,161 posts, read 15,643,127 times
Glad I don't live in CT. If I did, I would NOT comply with the registration law. Its silly. Registering guns doesn't do a THING to deter crime, criminals who have guns aren't going to flock down to register them. Yea, I like it right here where I'm at. Where my guns are MY business and the bad guys are more afraid of citizens than cops.

Old 12-31-2013, 07:29 AM

23,861 posts, read 24,129,287 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadSpeak View Post
For those on this thread so against a gun registry what would happen if one of your guns was stolen ? Would you file a police report ? What if you registered the gun and the police were able to look it up index it properly and add a note to it in the database that the gun has been stolen. Now what if the person who stole it gets arrested and the gun gets taken by the police would you not want the police to know it's your gun so that they could then when done with the person who stole it give it back to you ?
I don't know about you, but I have records of everything of value that I own, including make, model and serial number. If any of it is stolen, whether it's a gun or a car or a television, I can provide the police with all the information they need, without a useless "registry" for every class of item that I own. We don't need a gun registry any more than we need a television registry.

Old 12-31-2013, 08:30 AM

46,322 posts, read 27,139,668 times
Quote:
Shows just how far your head is really in the sand....typical though...

Quote:
First, while she now contends that her intent is simply to restrict certain “bad” guns (based upon totally arbitrary criteria her staff has established), that claim doesn’t jibe with what she told CBS’s 60 Minutes. Upon seeing her Clinton gun ban enacted in 1994, she said:If I could have gotten 51 votes in the Senate of the United States for an outright ban, picking up every one of them . . . ‘Mr. and Mrs. America, turn ‘em all in,’ I would have done it.”
Gun Control Misses Mark: Sen. Feinstein Shoots-off Mouth, Hits Foot - Forbes

I know facts suck...huh...

Old 12-31-2013, 06:13 PM

26,143 posts, read 19,860,246 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469
Yes there is a current GUN AGENDA to disarm people!!!!!!

THEN ITS NWO TIME!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 12-31-2013, 11:35 PM

9,282 posts, read 6,747,760 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by northnut View Post
Gun nuts have a problem with anything relating to guns. They'd prefer to be able to stand in the middle of the street shooting people with no consequences.
Northnut, I would like to know where you get that idea.. show us..

You really know less then nothing about the gun culture..

Once More (With Feeling): The Only Reason For Registration Is . . .Confiscation.

Registration > confiscation > tyranny.

Old 12-31-2013, 11:36 PM

9,282 posts, read 6,747,760 times
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhipperSnapper 88 View Post
What is wrong natalie? reality got your liberal tongue?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies