Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-30-2013, 08:30 AM

37,229 posts, read 19,219,451 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhipperSnapper 88 View Post
Connecticut Gun Owners Wait in Line to Do Something Many Gun Owners Hope They Never Have To | Video | TheBlaze.com

I feel sorry for idiots like this one....

Charles Gillette, who was registering magazines, told the news station that he would have a problem with it if the state was trying to ban the magazines or firearms, but said “if they want to just know where they are, that’s fine with me.”

He really has no clue what is coming does he? Some people are just ignorant that way. It's too bad he's not smart enough to realize that "they have to know where they are" before they can effectively ban them.
It's been that way with fully automatic weapons for a long time.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-30-2013, 08:31 AM

2,836 posts, read 3,496,916 times
No. See Post#69, supra, at: //www.city-data.com/forum/32767964-post69.html

Old 12-30-2013, 09:38 AM

1,735 posts, read 1,770,636 times
As usual, gun control advocates pretending to care about reducing "gun violence".

Old 12-30-2013, 01:08 PM

7,242 posts, read 7,909,798 times
I love how the OP is encouraging people to commit felonies.

Old 12-30-2013, 01:19 PM

36,754 posts, read 14,834,803 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by northnut View Post
Gun nuts have a problem with anything relating to guns. They'd prefer to be able to stand in the middle of the street shooting people with no consequences.
There you are. Another sad example of misplaced anger--not at the unlicensed thugs who rule the 'hood with murder and mayhem, but at those who legally possess firearms (and, along with that, the ability to defend themselves and their families--must be jealous)

And the OP's right. People who think that there's "nothing wrong" with gun registration are sheeple. I'm acknowledging that this line was in CT but, hell, even here in NY, gun owners are crying foul and loudly.

Live free or die.

Old 12-30-2013, 01:56 PM

9,437 posts, read 7,372,524 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Think4Yourself View Post
I love how the OP is encouraging people to commit felonies.
Martin Luther King was a felon for resisting civil rights violations, Rosa Parks was too. Defying unjust laws is something that Americans should support, but it's clear todays liberals are all for whatever Big Brother does, as long as it's their party that passes the law.

Old 12-30-2013, 03:52 PM

1,148 posts, read 1,683,574 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haakon View Post
Martin Luther King was a felon for resisting civil rights violations, Rosa Parks was too. Defying unjust laws is something that Americans should support, but it's clear todays liberals are all for whatever Big Brother does, as long as it's their party that passes the law.
This.^^^^ No one will take away my right to defend myself. Live free or die. Besides, I wonder how many criminals, gangsters, murderers, rapists, and mass shooters are registering their guns. Maybe if you liberals talk nice to the would be mass shooters, rapists, and gangsters you will get them to register their guns.

Someone mentioned that registering allows police to track down stolen guns. Well, a friend of mine registered her car, it was stolen, and the police never found it. This happened near the US-Mexico border. We suspect the thief crossed the border with it or took it apart to sell the parts. There are no benefits to registration.

Old 12-30-2013, 07:57 PM

26,143 posts, read 19,850,298 times
Thumbs down *

Quote:
Sheeple In CT Stand In Long Lines To Register Their Guns....
I just read a thread on SB tonight where someone did this today!!!

Today, I registered my "assault weapons" - Page 5 - Survivalist Forum

ITS UNREAL!!! -- Now they know they have weapons AND WILL BE THE FIRST TO BE DISARMED!!

Wake up people!!!!!!!

Last edited by Dude111; 12-30-2013 at 09:00 PM..

Old 12-30-2013, 10:49 PM

32,073 posts, read 15,072,790 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhipperSnapper 88 View Post
Connecticut Gun Owners Wait in Line to Do Something Many Gun Owners Hope They Never Have To | Video | TheBlaze.com

I feel sorry for idiots like this one....

Charles Gillette, who was registering magazines, told the news station that he would have a problem with it if the state was trying to ban the magazines or firearms, but said “if they want to just know where they are, that’s fine with me.”

He really has no clue what is coming does he? Some people are just ignorant that way. It's too bad he's not smart enough to realize that "they have to know where they are" before they can effectively ban them.
Oh good grief, no one wants to ban guns. They just want them registered. Stop being so paranoid lol

Old 12-30-2013, 11:14 PM

45,232 posts, read 26,457,645 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
Oh good grief, no one wants to ban guns. They just want them registered. Stop being so paranoid lol
A lie right up there with "if you like your health care plan, you can keep it"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies