Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-28-2013, 01:32 PM

26,979 posts, read 15,892,870 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuyNTexas View Post
Oh yes, blame the victims rather than the culprits ... how original!

Now, you run along now .... go see if you can find some American made products for us patriots to buy .... a pair of levis, or a can opener for starters. Get back to us with your shopping results.
The victims? That is funny. Sorry, if you find those who believe the free market should extend beyond national boundaries have a victim mentality. I would argue it is the protectionist loons who are anti-freedom.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-28-2013, 01:33 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,210,872 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whogo View Post
Once again, it ain't the capitalists buying all them cheap Chinese goods. Before the Chinese it was cheap Japanese goods.

I suggest Americans manufacture goods at a price that Americans will buy. Problem solved.

Had to keep this short. Need to head to the Dollar Store.
That would mean relaxing our safety, environmental and welfare standards. Is that O.K.with you?

Old 12-28-2013, 01:35 PM

8,104 posts, read 3,961,090 times
Quote:
Once again, it ain't the capitalists buying all them cheap Chinese goods. Before the Chinese it was cheap Japanese goods.

I suggest Americans manufacture goods at a price that Americans will buy. Problem solved.

Had to keep this short. Need to head to the Dollar Store.
So let me see if I have this right.

It is not the ones setting policies in our government and those in bed with that are to blame but the ones buying what is put before them.

It is strange logic because other's tell me that those that set policies like CEO's in a company are what drives the companies and deserve the lions share of wealth from it, but those setting policies at the government level are not be held accountable or responsible for the condition this country is in?

Old 12-28-2013, 01:38 PM

8,104 posts, read 3,961,090 times
Quote:
The victims? That is funny. Sorry, if you find those who believe the free market should extend beyond national boundaries have a victim mentality. I would argue it is the protectionist loons who are anti-freedom.
A Free Market would entail every company is responsible and accountable for themselves which is far from the case in this country where more and more money is spent every year to out do each other so they get the Gov contracts or policies favoring their industry.

A GLOBAL Free Market would also not have a military like ours going around the globe defending Banking and Business interests for the elite at the top when they are supposed to be a defensive military for our nation and not the world.

Old 12-28-2013, 01:40 PM

48,502 posts, read 96,867,563 times
the only change is trickle down I US is that government is more and more the middleman to mnay.it all comes fron GDP prodeuced.government will always be the bottom.But like middle class its more the world economy but still middle class worldwide had grown. Its really the success of capitalism worldwide and markets system.The government dependent actually here benefit because of cheaper goods altho some depend on price fixing in a close non-compettiive market have loss.

Old 12-28-2013, 02:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
That would mean relaxing our safety, environmental and welfare standards. Is that O.K.with you?
Which of those standards do the goods I buy at the Dollar Store violate? Do the feds know about this?

Old 12-28-2013, 02:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by J746NEW View Post
A Free Market would entail every company is responsible and accountable for themselves which is far from the case in this country where more and more money is spent every year to out do each other so they get the Gov contracts or policies favoring their industry.

A GLOBAL Free Market would also not have a military like ours going around the globe defending Banking and Business interests for the elite at the top when they are supposed to be a defensive military for our nation and not the world.
Agreed. Liberalized trade agreements are simply a step in the right direction.

Old 12-28-2013, 02:09 PM

15,094 posts, read 8,636,857 times
Quote:
Well, before we go gettin' into all of that extending beyond national borders talk, we need to first secure free markets within our own borders first, and that would first require that we wrest the control of our currency away from the international gangsters who now control it, making any talk of free markets the words of a fool.

You cannot have free markets when the lifeblood of those markets ... capital isn't free. When a monopoly controls money ... both in terms of cost and availabilty, you are guaranteed only one outcome ... and it will always be to the benefit of the men that hold that monopoly on the money supply.

Now, if you buy into this braindead tripe of "protectionism", you're beyond help. What we have is a fixed poker game which has the Federal Reserve serving as the dealer who's rules allow him to stack the deck any way he finda most advantageous. That would be bad enough if this were Vegas, and wise players could get up and leave the table ... but the rules of this game don't allow that ... you have to stay in, until you are wiped out, because it's the only game in town.

In light of that, only the dealer, or an embicile would say "shut up and quit trying to protect yourself".

Old 12-28-2013, 02:22 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,210,872 times
Quote:
Which of those standards do the goods I buy at the Dollar Store violate? Do the feds know about this?
China does not have the same standards we have.

Chinese city choking under dense smog | The Columbus Dispatch

SHANGHAI — Shanghai warned children and the elderly to stay indoors yesterday as smog enveloped China’s commercial hub. Levels of the worst pollutants surged to more than 15 times World Health Organization guidelines.

Yes, the Feds know about this.

Old 12-28-2013, 02:36 PM

15,094 posts, read 8,636,857 times
Quote:
Agreed. Liberalized trade agreements are simply a step in the right direction.
Liberals ... actually you're not liberals at all ... Thomas Jefferson was a liberal. I'm not sure what YOU are ... but what this system is, is the worst of two worlds, where we have fixed and privatized profits, and socialized risk and loss. Unchecked greed on one hand, and no risk on the other ... hardly what anyone could call free market.

Liberlized trade agreements indeed .... you nuts can't even learn from your own disasters ... you drill a hole in your own boat, and it sinks in a couple of hours. Give you a brand new boat, and you think drilling a bigger hole this time will offer a better outcome. Stupid doesn't even begin to describe this type of thinking, and I'm not sure the english language has an adequate word for it.

Every single trade agreement implemented over the last two decades has produced the exact results it's opponents warned about ... your solution is that we need more of them, only more "liberalized" versions?

I suppose this would include a wage war rather than tariffs. And if lazy Americans don't want to work 12 hour shifts for $1.50 per day, those chinese workers won fair & square, huh?

This is why liberals cannot be allowed to have any input in any policy that affects others, and should be left to commit suicide alone.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies