Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-28-2013, 01:24 PM

33,016 posts, read 27,446,502 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
freemkt posted one time "tax the chit out of landlords" lol. That's how little they understand and that is part of the reason they are failing. They won't even educate themselves to know what she was saying.

SIGH. That was in response to someone insisting that renters magically escape - don't pay - property taxes. My sarcastic reasoning was intended as an analogy to the idea "if raising the minimum wage is such a great idea, why not raise it to $100/hr?" i.e. if renters don't pay property taxes, taxing landlords up the wazoo is painless to renters, right?

Personally, I vote against property taxes most of the time, and vote against unfair rental property taxes all the time.

Old 12-28-2013, 01:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
LOL same here. I never asked for a dime. I have friends who built 3000 sq ft houses and drive a new car every couple years. They say it's their reward to themselves. One was amazed at what I had in my retirement accounts. He works where I do and is the same pay grade. He asked how can you put that much away?
Well my mortgage isn't 2 grand a month, I don't have 500 dollar a month car payments and I don't eat out 3 times a week. I never finance a toy.
I could retire now, but I have a plan to work a few more years and really pad the deck. I will also retire to Thailand where our dollar goes a lot farther. I love it there and best of all it never snows.

The part I really like is how people who can't afford to buy a house get to pay more for housing than people who already own a house.

Old 12-28-2013, 01:28 PM

2,226 posts, read 2,102,497 times
Quote:
So raise taxes on employers, let in more illegals then cry the blues. lol
No one is suggesting raising taxes, just make the taxes that were subsidized, therefore unfairly reduced, start getting fairly paid! It was a conservative that gave the last batch of illegals, legal......we have less illegal immigration then ever before! No jobs, they are staying home.

Old 12-28-2013, 01:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
Actually I posted that most people are fooled into thinking tax rates are low because they ONLY look at federal income taxes and they don't consider anything else.
Correct, texas property taxes are absurd!

Old 12-28-2013, 01:31 PM

41,110 posts, read 25,723,050 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 60sfemi View Post
No one is suggesting raising taxes, just make the taxes that were subsidized, therefore unfairly reduced, start getting fairly paid! It was a conservative that gave the last batch of illegals, legal......we have less illegal immigration then ever before! No jobs, they are staying home.
Sorry, I was never subsidized but I still pay taxes up the ass.

Old 12-28-2013, 01:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
See that's what fools most people. They only consider federal income tax as a "tax".
Your total "tax liability" is near 43%.

It was 38% in 2012 and 43% in 2013.
Next year it will hover near 50% for some people with new

what's worse than a helicopter mom?

a helicopter Uncle.

Old 12-28-2013, 01:33 PM

Quote:
LOL peaking over shoulder? You don't read well do you. If you never had to use an EBT maybe you should mind your own business and stop worrying about everyone else.
I'm not the one complaining about someone taking tax money to buy unneeded purchases. I complain when my tax money goes into the hands of bureaucrats and politicians and corporate wall streeters!

Old 12-28-2013, 01:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by redfish1 View Post
A lot of people don't understand this. The reason people in these states are so anti-welfare/food assistance is because they see the most abuse. Go to a state like Mississippi or South Carolina and you will see generations of poor black families that don't work. People up north see this too, providing they're willing to drive to the ghetto, but they're not surrounded by it 24/7 like people down south are. I'm originally from Bellingham WA. I never understood why white people down south were the way they are until spent some time in these states. I still don't agree with the way these people think, but I definitely see where they're coming from.
How about visiting the Appalachians, where all the white welfare mooshiners and methlab folks live! More white people also, in the south are on welfare than black people.

Old 12-28-2013, 01:35 PM

41,110 posts, read 25,723,050 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 60sfemi View Post
I'm not the one complaining about someone taking tax money to buy unneeded purchases. I complain when my tax money goes into the hands of bureaucrats and politicians and corporate wall streeters!
Exactly, so take money off the people and funnel it straight to government. That's what Obama did. Also who do you think makes money on EBT cards? Banks of course.

Old 12-28-2013, 01:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElizaTeal View Post
Here's a clue, Papa Murphy's take and bake pizza. Yes, some fast food joints accept SNAP cards.

Take-and-bake is eligible for SNAP because it's not cooked. Fast food eligibility was added in some areas a few years ago.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies