Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-31-2013, 09:09 AM

15,047 posts, read 8,890,503 times

Advertisements

Minor children of people in public life should always be off limits, without exception. They have no say in the actions, paths or behavior the adults in their lives choose. I'm glad MSNBC apologized. I hope it sets a better tone for the future from all sides of the aisle. (Well, on the eve of a new year, one can hope, right?)

Old 12-31-2013, 09:11 AM

45,521 posts, read 60,760,162 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeyJude514 View Post
Minor children of people in public life should always be off limits, without exception. They have no say in the actions, paths or behavior the adults in their lives choose. I'm glad MSNBC apologized. I hope it sets a better tone for the future from all sides of the aisle. (Well, on the eve of a new year, one can hope, right?)
Amended by many to read:
Unless those officials are Republican or named Palin.

Old 12-31-2013, 09:11 AM

29,219 posts, read 22,424,843 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by afoigrokerkok View Post
Yet the liberals on here will STILL think this was perfectly acceptable.
This liberal did not!
I have always believed that going after a candidate's young children is a very sleazy cheap shot, and I have hated it when someone does it, no matter what their party is.

This instance was particularly rotten. Romney lost, and it was a grandchild who was attacked. That's like kicking someone's teeth out after they have been knocked unconscious.

I don't have cable, so I never watch MSNBC, but I believe whoever said this should be fired. And I know I speak for other liberals when I say it. Out of bounds is out of bounds, period.

Old 12-31-2013, 09:12 AM

17,468 posts, read 12,959,926 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donn2390 View Post
If your boss told you to apologize or look for a new job, you would sound very sincere also... If they didn't mean the insults, they wouldn't have said them...
Does seem to be a trait of the left these days! Say what they will and turn around the next day just to apologize. They must think people are that stupid!

Old 12-31-2013, 09:16 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,299,963 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
The difference between liberals and conservatives is that when liberals say something offensive and realize it, they apologize. Conservatives, on the other hand, blame the object of their insensitivity for being overly sensitive or pull out that tired conservative excuse for racism and bigotry, "political correctness" to excuse their actions.
It must be awful going through life carrying this much bitterness.

Old 12-31-2013, 09:17 AM

7,493 posts, read 6,280,613 times
Apology's are always second page small type things. Don't cost a thing to apologize.

Old 12-31-2013, 09:19 AM

47,525 posts, read 69,777,324 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
I am sorry. Without reservation or qualification. I apologize to the Romney family.

MSNBC Host Apologizes for Segment Mocking Romney’s Adopted Black Grandson | TheBlaze.com

It appears to me to be a sincere apology. One should get credit for that.
The liberals are proving what utter jerks they really are. What a bunch of racist hypocrits.

Old 12-31-2013, 09:20 AM

17,468 posts, read 12,959,926 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
The difference between liberals and conservatives is that when liberals say something offensive and realize it, they apologize. Conservatives, on the other hand, blame the object of their insensitivity for being overly sensitive or pull out that tired conservative excuse for racism and bigotry, "political correctness" to excuse their actions.
You actually think liberals don't have it planned out and for the most part it's ratings their looking for.

Do you notice the common thread in ratings and voting? Seems this is the ONLY goal of the liberal mine!

Old 12-31-2013, 09:24 AM

37,803 posts, read 41,074,974 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
I am sorry. Without reservation or qualification. I apologize to the Romney family.

MSNBC Host Apologizes for Segment Mocking Romney’s Adopted Black Grandson | TheBlaze.com

It appears to me to be a sincere apology. One should get credit for that.
No one would even know she said it if the other cable channels didn't cover the other cable channels. Sometimes I think they say stupid stuff for the publicity the other cable channels and websites give them knowing they can always apologize later.

P.S. You take nice photos. I voted for both of them.

Old 12-31-2013, 09:25 AM

15,047 posts, read 8,890,503 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by North Beach Person View Post
Amended by many to read:
Unless those officials are Republican or named Palin.
Not by me. I said without exception. Now once a child reaches majority age and then puts themselves in the public eye, as Bristol Palin did with her reality shows, then they become responsible for their own actions and will have to deal with criticism, just like every other adult.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3~Shepherds
Does seem to be a trait of the left these days! Say what they will and turn around the next day just to apologize. They must think people are that stupid!
Stupid things are routinely said by those on both sides of the aisle. Would you feel better if no one ever apologized for the stupid things they say?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies