Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-08-2014, 05:34 AM

8,289 posts, read 13,564,801 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivorytickler View Post
Not really. The purpose of sexuality is procreation. We're talking going completely against the purpose of sex. If the purpose of sex is procreation and gays cannot procreate with each other, there is nothing basic about their sexuality.
Well then by your definition our only purpose on Earth is to "procreate"? What happened to the concept that we are "divine" beings in such that we are able to manipulate the world around us?

There is a lot more to sex than "procreation"! Hell amoebas can do that without a brain.

Old 01-08-2014, 05:36 AM

17,842 posts, read 14,384,541 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhipperSnapper 88 View Post
I feel sorry for them as well. I'm sorry that they are unjustly equated by people like you with people who practice bestiality or that they are committing a "sin" { as if such a thing actually exists here in the real world } I feel sorry that they are hated and discriminated against by certain factions and are considered a threat to the morality of children.

I don't feel sorry for them "because" of their homosexuality.... by all accounts they live happy and productive lives and don't harm anyone else with their existence.

That doesn't mean that I think homosexuality is normal though, because I don't, and I don't feel like a bigot for saying so, and I don't think anyone else should be persecuted for saying so either.
I think that poster's comment (the original one I quoted, not so much the edited one) are an example of the ignorant nasty animus that exists towards gay and lesbian people that they have to put up with hearing all the time.

You yourself might not mean 'abnormal' in a negative perjorative way, but people like that do. And they don't usually just stop with saying homosexuality is abnormal. It usually comes with comparisons with bestiality and pedophilia, negative stereotypes, misinformation, vilification, reducing gay and lesbian down to just sex acts rather than who they are as people, discrimination etc.

To you as a heterosexual, homosexuality wouldn't feel normal or natural- maybe it even seems bizarre to you. But to a homosexual it's perfectly normal and natural. Their orientation is as much a part of who they are, as you being heterosexual is a part of who you are. Heterosexuality would feel abnormal to a gay and lesbian person, although they are more used to being around heterosexuals than heterosexuals are used to being around homosexuals- purely because of the numbers.

The word 'abnormal' is mostly used in a negative pejorative way by most people who call gay and lesbian people abnormal. So if so much animus already exists towards gay and lesbian people, why fan the flames of ignorance and hate by using words that can convey a negative inference instead of using terms that are more neutral like just saying they aren't the norm or are a minority?

The more people like you use words like 'abnormal', the more the really ignorant nasty minded people think it's perfectly acceptable to go further. They dehumanize and vilify gay and lesbian people by comparing them to pedophiles, rapists, murderers, people who have sex with animals etc and then feel 'justified' in discriminating against them- all for no other reason than because they are a minority whose natural orientation is to love someone of the same gender rather than the opposite gender.

Last edited by Ceist; 01-08-2014 at 05:49 AM..

Old 01-08-2014, 05:42 AM

9,127 posts, read 7,943,324 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bideshi View Post
Homosexual acts are an immoral perversion and justly criticised. Criticism of immoral perversion is an acceptable form of prejudice.
What sexual acts you consider as immoral and perverse may in no way be considered the same by a norm of humans. Making your list of acts abnormal.

Old 01-08-2014, 05:43 AM

1,074 posts, read 758,082 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Futurist110 View Post
Being gay is abnormal in the sense that being black or being Jewish or whatever is abnormal--it does not describe the majority of the population.
You're confused. Being black or being Jewish is not an abnormality in any sense. I think you need a dictionary.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Futurist110 View Post
Anyway, if one says that being gay is abnormal, then many people might (perhaps sometimes incorrectly) interpret it as an attempt to say something bad about gay people.
That's usually the way so-called "gay" people interpret it, is it not? They call it "hate speech" (one of their favorite weapons — very "Alinsky." The "gay" activists have adopted the "Rules for Radicals" to advance their unholy agenda).

Old 01-08-2014, 05:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimuelojones View Post
Human sexuality is on a long linear continuum. Most sexual pracitces are shared by hetrosexual practitioners and homosexual practitioners. If you are normal, your share almost all the same sexual practices as do homosexuals. The only small distinction is your choice of partner[s]. You choose to focus on that one distinction.

So if you only focus on partner, you are abnormal among educated humans, of your understanding of human sexuality.
Oh, really? And you know this because ... ???

Pardon me while I puke.

Old 01-08-2014, 05:48 AM

5,365 posts, read 6,337,762 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhipperSnapper 88 View Post
High profile people say rude things all the time but don't face the same consequences and backlash that those who say rude things about the gay community do..... why is that?

No, I don't "have a problem" with oral sex, nor do I "have a problem" with homosexuals.

Both are abnormal and are not natural.
Oh really? Like what? Please give examples because I am pretty sure that it is unacceptable to say such derogatory things about the traits of people that they have no control over.

Old 01-08-2014, 05:50 AM

Quote:
Race is not a behavior. Homosexual acts are. There is no comparison. Homosexual acts are bad.
They know this. They are trying to brainwash the masses into acceptance of their disgusting behavior. They believe that if they insist it is normal often enough, and forcefully enough, normal people will begin to accept them as "normal."

Old 01-08-2014, 05:55 AM

Quote:
Race is not a behavior. Homosexual acts are. There is no comparison. Homosexual acts are bad.
Why? Because you say so? I love homosexual acts.

And the innate attraction one has to the same sex they have no control over. Just as they can not control their skin color or whether they are left handed. Don't tell people that their choices are living in solitude or taking partners that they are not sexually attracted to (or further, sexually repulsed by).

Old 01-08-2014, 05:57 AM

18,461 posts, read 7,089,783 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimuelojones View Post
How so is your tought process the same because you do the very same things in your posting as you critizise in your post?...thats how.
Your saying it does not make it so.
There was nothing I said in my post that was not true.

Personally, my feelings on Homosexuality are much the same as the OP , I really could not care less about what consenting adults do or if they want to get married etc.

To me it's really non of my business and therefore a non issue.

But compared to many other Conservatives whose views are socially farther to the right than I am, my opinions are out of the norm for my peer group.

Making me abnormal in that respect and I have no problem with someone describing me in that way.

Sometimes things are not said or done out of malice........ They just "are"

However, the Left wishes to ascribe malice even when none exists to better fit their narrative of making Homosexuality socially acceptable.

I just don't like it when the truth is sacrificed on the alter of political correctness.

Old 01-08-2014, 06:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlamencoFreak View Post
They know this. They are trying to brainwash the masses into acceptance of their disgusting behavior. They believe that if they insist it is normal often enough, and forcefully enough, normal people will begin to accept them as "normal."
You couldn't be more wrong. There is no need to brainwash anyone. Most Americans are intelligent enough to know what is innate and what is not. They also know the importance of humanism and the right to live ones life as one pleases as long as pain comes to no others.

Have you been to church lately? There is a lot of brainwashing that goes on in there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies